main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hobbie Klivan fan club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Frodo_Baggins, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Well I know a good comic book store. What one do u want? I can try. I'm not sure if they have an X wing, but they do have the original in Anime

2. Jedi_Fuu

Jedi_Fuu Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
    Welcome to this highly important meeting of a subject that I know nothing about. I don't know much about Hobbie only how to spell his name and the fact that my friend knows a great deal about him. But I needed to humor myself. My life is that boring if I need to sign up into a web site I know nothing about. It makes you think about how much I do know. Well I'll tell you I don't know much. As for my friend of this posting i think she may know a little to much. She reads to much between the lines. Well thats all the usless things I can think of. Bye.

3. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    That was indeed very interesting... Go read Starfighters of Adumar, Jedi_Fuu. It's hysterical.

4. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jul 11, 2002
    I can relate!!
    I barely know anything about him, I'm now reading the book! So I'll know X Wing things (the book i'm reading) almost as much as my hobbit friend. well, no. no i won't. but i'll try! cuz i still have NO clue who the hell is Kell Tainer. Just that Kell is a character!

5. Jedi_Frodo_Baggins

Jedi_Frodo_Baggins Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Kell Tainer not Kell Trainer Sam. You will understand more after the book my hobbit friend.

6. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jul 11, 2002
    ya, i was on a roll.. i didn't mean to put "Tainer"... oh well.. ^_^

7. Jedi_Frodo_Baggins

Mar 16, 2002
    You mean that you didn't mean to put Trainer not you didn't mean to put Tainer. I wouldn't have had to correct you if you had put Tainer.

He he it is fun to torment you.

8. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jul 11, 2002
    shush u
    lol
    see? i'm a crappy fast typer!

9. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Amazon.com eh? Guess it would help to have a credit card. Oh well, back to deciphering bus schedules. The United Books in Moncton sells comics. No such luck for the one here. Grr, this town is a pain sometimes. The only comics I own were purchased on a trip to Halifax, and they're Dark Empire II, not X-Wing. I wan't X-Wing comics!!

10. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    You might try asking the people at your books store, even if they don't sell comics, if they'll order some for you. They can probably do that.

11. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    If you have a debit card, you can do that. There's a way you do it-I think they have someone call you so there's a secure line.

Try libraries too.

May the Force be with you!

12. The_Rogues_Mistress

The_Rogues_Mistress Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    Oh man, I knew I should have ventured into this forum sooner. Hehe, I like Hobbie! He's one of the reasons why I love the X-Wing comics so much.

13. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    My current plan is to try to get a "family daytrip" to Halifax. I'll probably have to go on some sort of hike, but I should manage to drag my sister into a comic book store to me. Why oh why do I have to live in Moncton?

14. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I was able to order Rogue Squadron Masquerade and Blood and Honor. But the others I tried to order they wouldn't let me. Their libraries will only let you take them out if you come there in person-and I think you have to be a resident of THAT library. Honestly, why BOTHER participating in an interlibrary exchange!

15. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    My interlibrary exchange program is excellent. Except for the fact that I send so many requests to Oromocto that they've started losing them. Oh, and the fact that there is no budget in the entire system, so there are no comics in the entire province. And the truly unfair thing? Chapters has just about every comic in existance, but only in French.

16. Jedi_Frodo_Baggins

Mar 16, 2002
    I will just walk to the comic book store with Samwise someday and we will have to ask about the X-Wing comics, unless of course she has already asked. hmmmm

17. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Must be nice.
    (Just trying to think of something to get this thread back on page one)
    I'm trying not to think about comics too much. I managed for three hours today! Coincidently, I worked the lunch rush at McDonald's today, a three hour shift.
    Oh well, must focus on novels. I finally bought Starfighters of Adumar on Saturday. Of course, I finished it by Monday. Would have finished sooner, but I had to watch the Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail Special Edition DVD. "We're Knights of the Round Table" in Lego!

18. Jedi_Frodo_Baggins

Mar 16, 2002
    Ahhhhhh!! Falling again, we are.

19. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jul 11, 2002
  20. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jul 11, 2002
    Frodo:
    How about when you get back we can go to the comic book store. I think by then they would have the Rayearth vidoes! But it's $180 so I'll have to pay piece by piece. That means I'll be going there more than once! (but it's a good deal since there's 7 vidoes and they are $25 each) So how about it? Once you get back? I would like to see the anime Wes and Hobbie!

21. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Hey guys, did you know if you change your display settings this thread doesn't seem to fall as fast? Just stating the obvious, I know.

22. Jedi_Frodo_Baggins

Mar 16, 2002
    Sam: Of course I am up for it. I come back Sunday, so maybe Monday if you are not working. I would also like to see anime Hobbie and Wes. Although I have seen a picturre of the comic book Hobbie and he really does not look that anime like. I'm glad you like my Yoda slang.

23. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jul 11, 2002
    wait, wait, wait..
    you come back TOMORROW?!?! why on monday?? my mama and papa come up on monday.

This is Jedi_Fuu
    I'm over at my friend's house and I don't remember my code. I just wanted to say that I still don't know mush about the Star Wars books nor have I made much effort to inform myself since my trekkie who usually tells me very thing there is to know is away and won't be back for a while. I feel a little left in the dark without her. I think I'll live. This is all I have to say. I know It's not much. It's also pointless. While that's all forks.

24. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Okay, question...and I feel slightly ashamed to ask (but as High Minister of Razzing and Looking Stupid in the WJFC, I have nothing to gain but admiration), throughout all of my long life as a Star Warrior and groupie of X-Wing pilots, I'm still unsure as to how Hobbie's name is spelled! Is it:

a) KLIVAN
    or
    b) KLIVIAN

I've seen it both ways in many different novels and I'm chagrined!!! CHAGRINED I SAY!!

Someone put my mind at rest...or at least give it a time out...

25. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jul 11, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.