main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hobbie's birthday (Hobbie/Xris) - a viggie by hawkbat

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by hawkbatcanuck, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    hawkbat, do you mean Jag_Of_Inyri?

Just call him Matt. Everybody else does. :p

~Inyri

PS - Which ones hadn't you read?

2. Ysanne_Isard

Ysanne_Isard Jedi Master star 5

Oct 27, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! :D

That was absolutely wonderful, hawkbat. I really think you have Hobbie down to a 'T'. Or an 'X' in this case ;) You really captured his feelings, and after we all know what has happened in Evasion (go read it if you don't) as long as Inyri doesn't kill of Hobbie [face_very_very_hopeful] they could have each other! :D

3. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    that was wonderful hawkbat so mushy! i love Hobbie!!! as much as I love Wes! :Dgreat great great great . . .

and i could keep going on!

:D

4. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Of course, I meant Jag_of_Inyri! That's what I get for having a cooler before supper!

Master Jaina1011 - I appreciate your comments. I've read and enjoyed some of your work, and many of your comments on other people's threads.

YsanneIsaard - I've felt that Hobbie doesn't get enough respect for being a person in his own right. Too often, he's used as a straight man for Wes or other's jokes. He deserved a chance to let his feelings be seen for once. Let's hope that Inyri not only lets him survive Coruscant, but lets him pursue Xris. Imagine how Wes will react? He went crazy when he found out about the kiss, how will he react if Hobbie goes after his sister?

And I like the "Bar wench and hanger mistress". I wish I'd thought of that first!

5. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    By the way, is your name from Farscape?

Yes, it is :D This is Farscape's last season :_| and then stargate is going to dominate sci-fi channel's friday line-up :_| :_|

~aeryn

6. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    YEAH!!!!!!!! *cheers for Hawkbat*

That was absolutely frikkin' awesome!!!!!!

Way to go!

~Rogue

7. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    Aeryn Sun - I love Farscape! We don't get the SciFi channel here, so it's hit and miss what programs get picked up. I get Farscape on Friday nights. We're up to the beginning of season 3 here, although I know that it was cancelled mid-season in season 4. Who makes those stupid decisions anyway?

I love Stargate too. Richard Dean Anderson can have me anytime he wants. There again, it's hit and miss what we see. The last new episode I saw was right after Daniel Jackson ascended.

Rogue11lovesjag - thank you so much! I really love your stories a lot, so your review means a lot to me!

8. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    HObbie deserves a Sunday morning up.

9. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    UP!

~Inyri

10. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    I'm sad! No one else is a Hobbie fan.

11. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Come on, I know there are more Evasion people who bug me about Xris and Hobbie. Come read where-ever you are!

~Inyri

12. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    Why, even Jaina Solo, who hadn?t even been born when women were already turning him down for dates, seemed to be spending a lot of time with Jag Fel.
    [face_laugh] I'm not sure why that was funny, but it really was!

And woohoo, go Hobbie! If you don't die on Coruscant, both you and Xris can be happy for once! :) :p

13. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    HAWKBAT! I am soooo glad you finally wrote something! Just as I expected, it was totally amazing! You are a great writer (well, that I already knew). I'm sorry it took me so long to get to this. I haven't been around much. Anyway, you did a wonderful job. It was great to see the inner workings of Hobbie. Not that I'm complaining, but can there be a sequal? I mean you left us hanging just a little bit. I want to see what Xris does! I'm sure you could write an amazing mix of mush and humor.

Anywho, great job! I'm so glad you got around to writing!

~Mandie

14. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Mandie, um, ur my beta and you don't know what Xris does? She slugged the **** out of Cosmo.

~Inyri

15. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    Huh? Of course I know that! I want to know what Xris does with Hobbie not with Cosmo. Your story showed what happened to Cosmo/Xris. I got that. I wanna know what's going to happen with Hobbie/Xris.

16. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    TSM - Thanks, glad you liked it. I was thinking of the time when Hobbie and Wes got dumped by the Bothan females, not long after Bakura, long, long before Jaina was born or thought of.

starkrusher - I'm glad you liked it! I'd love to write what happens to Xris and Hobbie - but until Inyri writes her Coruscant battle scenes, and we know who lives and dies, we won't know if Hobbie is going to get the opportunity to find Xris. That's part of what makes it poignant. Hobbie finally realises he's in love- right before he might die, and never get a chance to tell Xris.

Plus, Inyri is writing an epilogue,set some years after the end of Evasion, and she may have Hobbie future planned differently.

17. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    A morning up, or maybe a mourning up, if Hobbie doesn't have anymore fans.

18. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    Last chance for anyone to see this, before it sinks into the Dagobah swamp, that is the graveyard of forgotten stories.

19. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    So glad this is on the front page again!

~Inyri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.