main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Hobby Show and the Club

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    The Hobby Show is coming up Nov 5-7 in Toronto
    http://www.thehobbyshow.com/

I normally hang out with my scale model-building clubs. The past few years I have had a small area that I show off my R2-D2. This year I am thinking of bringing other items and my work in progress of my other droids.

I normally have flyers to promote my R2 builders club. I figure this is also a good opportunity to promote other clubs I am involved with. I can include the URL of the group but I would like some sort of blurb to describe the club.

Can someone write something up or do you trust me to do it :D

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

2. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    You have a full size R2-D2??? Cool! I have always wanted to have one. Do you ever sell your R2's? If so, how much do they go for? Please let me know Styrofoam Guy! Depending on the price, I might be interested!

3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    We trust you Alex [face_laugh] I always get myself into trouble at these conventions !!!

4. JediMasterBuck

JediMasterBuck Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2004
    I haven't been to the Hobby Show and years, mostly because I hate going out to the International Centre but I might just check it out this year to see what's what.

Thanks for posting that!

5. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Ask nice and maybe I could suit up for a day... or two... hehe...

6. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Here is my site so far.
    http://www.f1m.com/ask/Scale/r2d2/page01.htm

It has been 5 years since I first started. Rolling after 18 months. I have been continuously improving and modifying him. I don't know if I would ever sell my R2. Maybe after I build my 3rd one.

Grey_Starr if you can to come out for a bit that would be great. Saturday would be the busiest. There is stuff for the wife and kids to do also. I am not sure if they can be entertained for the entire day though.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

7. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Well... pages 21 thru 25 didn't work... but it looks great!...

I'll see about getting out... should be fun...

8. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I havent been to the hobby show in years either because I just couldnt escape suburbia long enough to go, but now that I am in Toronto its actually easier for me to get out to the international centre then it was when I had access to a car, so I might go this year to see whats new and maybe pick up a few crafty type supplies.

Sabrina

9. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    I have been modifying my web page so often that it got to be quite a chore to change the bottom links so I decided to make a generic one with a lot of numbers for the future :)) That is why pages 21-25 do not work.

I am thinking of changing the format to a side menu. Ideally I would completly redo my web site so it is more user friendly but I have to find the time.

Back to the blaster....um and the mini...um and Yoda....um and...

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

10. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    bump

Hey if you at the show drop on by and say hi. I will be at the booth with the full size R2

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

11. Sabrina001

Mar 12, 2002
    Well im definitley going on saturday because I don't want to spend Yet Another Nice Saturday cleaning my apartment or something so I will see you there. Any idea what your booth number/location is yet?

Sabrina

12. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    I have no idea yet where I am going to be. The last 2 years it was on the far left wall near the middle when you walk into the hall.

I am there all weeekend so if you do not see me in the booth I am probably out walking around. If R2 is not there then I probably have him out stretching his legs.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

13. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Ok now that was fun. 3 days of showing off R2. Only 3 breakdowns. Easily fixed but hey that is part of droid building.

Kids love R2, adults love R2. I love it when their faces light up. Especially when I turn the lights on and have him move around.

Wandering out into the crowd can be crazy. At least Sabrina001 took some photos so I can post something. Normally I am too busy R2ing to take photos.

I had a couple of masks (Clone and Tie pilot) and my MR FX saber. Big hit with some people. All the flyers I printed out were taken. I don?t know if any will make their way here since I was promoting quite a few clubs (R2 Builders, Astromech Builders, Buffy Club, TT, Fanforce, TLL, Snowtropoers, 501st)

Maybe as there are more members with costumes or such we can arrange a bigger showing.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

14. Sabrina001

Mar 12, 2002
    Alex,

I uploaded the pictures to my computer yesternight. Some of them are really good! Ill PM you the details the next time I am at my home comptuer.

Sabrina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.