main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Hockey nights in Canada

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Entil`Zha, Dec 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    Hey, after all, it's our sport! Ok, it's not our national sport, but it should be! So every hockey fan in Canada, I don't care what's your favorite team, mine is the Canadiens (ok, I have to look at the end of the standings to see their name, but this should all be corrected soon... they now have 2 straight wins! Woohoo!), what's yours and why do you like them? And what do you think of Eric Lindros trying to join the Toronto Maple Leafs?

2. Modal+Nodes+Freak

Modal+Nodes+Freak Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 27, 1999
    Vancouver Canucks cause its my hometown and i am not overly pleased with montreal after last night.

Lindros is a ****ing whiner and a baby. if toronto has the least bit of brains amongst them they won't even want him.

3. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, sorry about that game last night Modal Nodes... it was an accident... :) I don't know how but even PJ Stock was able to score... hum.. who was your goalie again? Felix Potvin... uhm.... LOL

4. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    Go Canucks Go!!

5. Riley Man

Riley Man Jedi Master star 5

Dec 19, 1999
    Grrrrr stupid Phoenix stealing my home team.

6. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    Montreal tied Calgary 1-1 last night... They had a possibility of 6 points in this trip to the west and they got 5 points out of it, beating Vancouver and Edmonton and tying with Calgary... not too bad...

7. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    Eric's trying to join the Leafs???

WHOO HOO!

Go Eric! that rocks!

MTFBWY
    -DM

P.S. star wars rules!

8. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    Lindros would only bring dissorder within the Leafs, he can't see eye-to-eye with anyone on his old team, how would that make it different in Toronto?

9. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    Koivu's back, Habs still losing.... what can be done? Any idea how to take a team of loser and turn them into a team of winners... maybe we should use the Maple Leafs as an example... they were in a similar situation a few years ago... and now they're not doing so bad...

10. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    Well well well, it took a goaltender to show the Habs how to score again... :) And best of all, Mario Lemieux is coming to Montreal tomorrow... tickets are sold out.. anyone got some and ready to sell them for cheap?

11. WildCard

WildCard Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2001
    Ottawa, OTTAWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm who is top of there division, OTTAWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    They got there arses kicked last afternoon... lol by a team of plumbers!

13. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Errr,

Bonk is out for the rest of the season :(

14. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    The playoffs are on, make your predictions:

Ottawa vs Toronto
    New Jersey vs Caroline
    Washington vs Pittsburgh
    Philadelphia vs Buffalo

Colorado vs Vancouver
    Detroit vs L.Angeles
    Dallas vs Edmonton
    St-Louis vs San Jose

My predictions:
    Ottawa in 6 games
    New Jersey in 5 games
    Pittsburgh in 7 games (should be a good fight until the end)
    Philadelphia in 6 games

Colorado in 5 games
    Detroit in 4 games
    Dallas in 6 games
    San Jose in 6 games

I'm waiting for your ideas!

15. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    Dallas Stars are my fav cause the first hockey game I ever saw was a Minnesota North Star game and I loved it, so I began liking the team and hockey.
    2nd favorite is Toronto because they are my hometown.

One day.......Stanley Cup Finals -----Dallas vs. Toronto (it could have been in 1999 if Toronto beat Buffalo)

16. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    We've got something in common, Dallas is one of my favorite team as well, #1 will always be Montreal.. maybe Hull will sign with them this season.. that would be great, but Dallas comes 2nd, but very closely, I would even say a tie between them and Montreal

17. falkcj

falkcj Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2000
    the Calgary Flames! Hopefully, they'll be a bit more entertaining and competitive team in 2001-2002. Don't know what i think of the trades though. Glad they got rid of bure, and nedemeyer could do well here. I really liked Braithwaite and don't see why we needed Turek. Turek played for a great team and Braithwaite, well didn't. I think if they were on similar teams their stats would be similar. Plus I'm mad that they let all our great prospects on the farm sign with other teams!

18. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    Any one else think the Habs have a good shot at hitting the playoffs this year?

19. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I am from Ottawa. I have to put hex's on them and TO.

:D

really though, they might be able too.

last year.. hehhee... damn that was funny.

20. falkcj

falkcj Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2000
    cbjedi: You are from Lethbridge? I didn't know that any other Lethbridge people were on these boards. :) That would explain your pro Oiler stance. I don't know why so many people here like the Oilers considering Lethbridge is much closer to Calgary then it is to Edmonton.

21. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    Back on top, we're right in the middle of the season, so far, the biggest surprises are coming from the N.Y teams... the Islanders are now playing for the #1 spot and so are the Rangers.

The Red Wings are as dominating as ever, possibly going the Stanley Cup.. who could stop them?? If Dallas finish on the 8th spot, I'm sure they'll beat them in 6 games :)

As for Montreal, Koivu has been skating a few minutes, Audette's season is compromised, Jose Theodore is now at the top of his game and the habs have a good chance of participating to the playoffs. Ok, so they lost 5-0 against Boston... a minor glitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.