Hogwarts Express: The Harry Potter Discussion/ Appreciation Thread! (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jedi80 Jedi Master

star 3
    she was also right in predicting doom (ch.25) for DD in HBP...
    Another hint, I believe, that shows DD knew his death was coming...
  2. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    I think it would be great to have her but im not sure they will because they will most likely focus on the main points to make the story come across on the big screen. I know Treylawney should make an appearance but the way directors cut footage that is one i see left on the cutting room floor unfortunately.
  3. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't think Emma Thompson is essential to be cast in the Trelawney role. It can, and likely will, be parsed down to a minor role in the film version of the story. It shouldn't be whittled down but I think it will be...:(
  4. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You know, we should probably move this OOTP discussion over to the OOTP thread.
  5. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    Agreed with Boogie. One note though, I misread Emma Thompson to mean Emma Watson. 8-}

I was so confused trying to figure out why you guys were talking about having Hermione play Trelawney.
  6. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Force Ghost

star 5
    I am wondering as to why though, this is the GENERAL thread for HP right? and it has Spoilers already in the title. Granted we do have a specific thread for OOTP, btu a little banter about it in here I wouldn't thnk would be out of order
  7. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    No one is banning OotP discussion in here. I was just stating that if it gets too terribly specific then it needs to be moved over to it's dedicated thread. Sorry if I conveyed something different.

:)
  8. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Force Ghost

star 5
    No I misread Boogies post, my Fault

[face_beatup]
  9. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The Leaky Cauldron just posted that Terry Gilliam, of Monty Python and subsequent sci-fi fame, has been listed by IMDB as directing Half-Blood Prince.

I'd love this to be true, but I doubt it. IMDB is about as reliable as ? something very unreliable (my metaphors are lacking, alright?)
  10. coney_1_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Does anyone have any thoughts on who they think will or should play Horace Slughorn?
    Im trying to think of some British actors who would fit the part...?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.