main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry (RPG)

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by LadyNaberrie, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Alrighty, I PM-ed JMT and Bria about this and I have not yet gotten a response. I thought it'd be a good idea to start a Harry Potter RPG. Seeing how there are a lot of discussion threads.

The only rule I have is that you follow the TOS of the boards
    and that your posts are reasonable.

So far there aren't any characters taken

and if you have a made up character then you provide a brief description (i.e. Name,Age,Physical description,personality,What house you want to be in, and a small history)

If this gets out of hand there will be no warnings and I will tell a Mod to lock it as soon as I see something is going wrong.

Other than that...Have fun!!!
    I will be posting my character Bio as soon as possible :D

Locked On Request. The new one can be found here.

2. EmperorFett

EmperorFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    I have a feeling that theres already one of these but if theres not

Ill be Harry Potter! :D

3. That_Flashing

That_Flashing Jedi Master star 5

Aug 22, 2000
    You should have waited for a response.

4. SithDewd

SithDewd Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2000
    I think that you should have it so board members can not play as main characters. It will make things run much better in my opinion.

--SITH--[||||]--DEWD--

5. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    Sithdewd, that a good idea....

However, if not....I choose Snape!!

6. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    if things don't go well then that's okay this thread can be locked and that will be that. The idea of not having board members be the characters takes the fun out of an RPG....

7. SithDewd

Jun 8, 2000
    No it does not. The idea of an RPG is to act as yourself in a fictional world. Assuming control of a character and acting as them in a way that others do not think they act creates trouble. It would be much better if players could not play as established characters...

--SITH--[||||]--DEWD--

8. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    I'll be Cedric Diggory.

*dies*

9. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    hmmmm that is a good point! I have now changed it so it is just as a Hogwarts RPG, The only people that will be played are Teachers. It will go as the regular Hogwarts with Quidditch and all the classes. :D

10. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    I will be Hermione's secret boyfriend... *sigh* oh Emma, how I love you... [face_love]

All you need is love!

11. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    If we HAVE to be main characterish people Ill be Neville, but Id ask to be, but frankly I dont really want to have to be a real character, can we make this like ourselves at Hogwarts, not being the characters?

12. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    that is why I changed the title Wicket :D

13. JediRaanic

Nov 23, 2001
    ok, I guess I can't be Snape...

I have to be myself at Hogwarts? ?[face_plain]

14. Clara_Jade

Clara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    id like to join. :) ill post character later

15. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Sorry LadyN... *blushes* *feels stupid*
    Then Id have to say Im enrolling...

16. SithDewd

Jun 8, 2000
    I think that you should add a line to the original post that says you cannot use an established character to avoid any problems.
    I will be posting a Bio for my character later.

--SITH--[||||]--DEWD--

17. Leadfeather

Leadfeather Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    Ok since we can't be main characters could i be a head perfect from ravenclaw?

18. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    it's okay!

and even the teachers may not be the ones from the story.

Anywho.. here's my Character info

Name: Anwyn O'Brien
    Year at Hogwarts: 3rd (or perhaps 4th)
    House: Gryffindor
    Description: Dark Auburn hair with light red higlights, green eyes with a honey colored starburst around the Iris, 5'5,
    Personality: Bubbly,bright,fun loving,athletic
    Extra Info:She's an artist and paints many pictures for Gryffindor, she is in love with a fellow student of hers :D
    History:Being born to a Muggle and a Wizard, Anwyn was sent to Hogwarts around the time her older sister and her mother died. Her father...Walter O'
    Brien, who works for Gringotts Bank, is a former student of the Hufflepuff House.

EDIT: You sure can be a head prefect for Hufflepuff!

19. DarthCrambette

DarthCrambette Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Too bad we can't do main characters. *sigh* Some of my friends and I act in character all the time and I'm James.
    I'll post my stats later. I'm going to use my character from my one fanfiction story.

20. JediRaanic

Nov 23, 2001
    Ok here we go....

Name: Jackson Bones

Description: Dirty blonde hair, brown eyes with a bit of green, 5'8,

Personality: fun loving,athletic, well behaved, witty

Extra Info: Likes to see things done right but always up for a gag, sometimes know to team up with the Weasley twins....looking for possible Prefect partner....

Bio: I was born in Liverpool, England and my mother is a muggle. My father is a wizard and lead a secret wizarding life until I was born and things starting happening that he could no longer explain away. We are now living a complete wizard life, not a muggle life. My mother attended her first Quidditch World Cup this past year and loved it. I've always dreamed about Hogwarts ever since my father first told me about it. I have come to realize that I am quite good at memory charms and potions, despite Professor Snape. I love Hufflepuff and I look forward to my 6th year here at Hogwarts and finally being a Prefect! This will be a great year!! I wonder if that Harry Potter will save the school again? It's been a couple times now. I've only quickly met him, but I've seen him around in the Great Hall. Maybe I'll accually get to talk to him this year! Plus that girl Hermione....a little young but, um...forget it. Anyways, see you guys around school!

21. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    My only rpg experience was as Batman in a Spider-man game, so I don;t know if this is possible.

But I would like to be TV star Gary Coleman. I won't be an active part of the game, I'll just show up now and then to dispense some words of wisdom, like Lando in Clerks:The Animated Series.

22. Leadfeather

Leadfeather Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    Name: Julian Hallon

7th year Head Prefect of Ravenclaw, Keeper on Quiditch Team

Info: Even as a head prefect still has a trouble maker side in him. Both of his parents were wizards and he hopes to next year work on magical animals somewhere

23. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    Name: Sam Kurtzpotrick
    Year: Same as Hermione (depending on whatever year this is)
    Description: Brown hair, Green eyes, 5'9"

Info: Hermiones boyfriend, really smart.

All you need is love!

24. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    I have very little experience with RPGs, but I don't see how this would be a problem. After all, we have a LOTR RPG. :)

25. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Okay here are the characters so far:

Name: Anwyn O'Brien
    Year at Hogwarts: 3rd (or perhaps 4th)
    House: Gryffindor
    Description: Dark Auburn hair with light red higlights, green eyes with a honey colored starburst around the Iris, 5'5,
    Personality: Bubbly,bright,fun loving,athletic
    Extra Info:She's an artist and paints many pictures for Gryffindor, she is in love with a fellow student of hers
    History:Being born to a Muggle and a Wizard, Anwyn was sent to Hogwarts around the time her older sister and her mother died. Her father...Walter O'
    Brien, who works for Gringotts Bank, is a former student of the Hufflepuff House.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: Julian Hallon

7th year Head Prefect of Ravenclaw, Keeper on Quiditch Team

Info: Even as a head prefect still has a trouble maker side in him. Both of his parents were wizards and he hopes to next year work on magical animals somewhere
    Name: Sam Kurtzpotrick
    Year: Same as Hermione (depending on whatever year this is)
    Description: Brown hair, Green eyes, 5'9"

Info: Hermiones boyfriend, really smart.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: Jackson Bones

Description: Dirty blonde hair, brown eyes with a bit of green, 5'8,

Personality: fun loving,athletic, well behaved, witty

Extra Info: Likes to see things done right but always up for a gag, sometimes know to team up with the Weasley twins....looking for possible Prefect partner....

Bio: I was born in Liverpool, England and my mother is a muggle. My father is a wizard and lead a secret wizarding life until I was born and things starting happening that he could no longer explain away. We are now living a complete wizard life, not a muggle life. My mother attended her first Quidditch World Cup this past year and loved it. I've always dreamed about Hogwarts ever since my father first told me about it. I have come to realize that I am quite good at memory charms and potions, despite Professor Snape. I love Hufflepuff and I look forward to my 6th year here at Hogwarts and finally being a Prefect! This will be a great year!! I wonder if that Harry Potter will save the school again? It's been a couple times now. I've only quickly met him, but I've seen him around in the Great Hall. Maybe I'll accually get to talk to him this year! Plus that girl Hermione....a little young but, um...forget it. Anyways, see you guys around school!
    Name: Ysanne (sorry, i like the name) Somers

House: 6th year ravenclaw prefect

Appearance: brown hair that is sometimes dyed red, brown eyes, 5'4

Extra Info- mostly takes school work seriously, but also likes to have fun when it's done. would like to meet the 'perfect person' but is still looking for love in Alderaan places She is not very athletic, and prefers the performing arts.

History: a 'pureblood' but doesnt judge based on heritage, Ysanne was born to William and Allison Somers and attended Hogwarts from the age of 11. She has a younger sister, Claire, who will be attending Hogwarts next year.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all for now!!!!!!! Keep watching for new updates :D
    and Liz, would you like to join?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.