Hola!

Discussion in 'Oregon FanForce' started by PDX_TwiChick, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PDX_TwiChick Jedi Knight

Been lurking around the forums now for about a month and a half or so, reading up on what you all do and are into. Thought I'd take a moment to drop a line and introduce myself and say hi.

I've been in the Portland area for the past 15 years and have been a closet SW fan since I was a kid. I've never looked into getting together with groups or meeting others with the same interests and could kick myself in the ass now for not doing so sooner.

I spend alot of my free time playing Star Wars Galaxies on the Sunrunner server, which is where I met SRB_Jedi_Knight. I also got to go to the OMSI exhibit while it was here with my former b/f and it was awesome, I had alot of fun. Just sucks I didn't know about it sooner to come join you all and check out all of your costumes.

At this time I do not have a costume, but have ideas for one in my head and just need to actually take time to put it to paper and then create it.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you and hopefully getting to meet some of you in the very near future!!

2. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    PDX_TwiCkick, It's great to meet another SW fan from the Portland area. We love to meet new fans. We are a great bunch of people with diferent intrest, related to Star Wars and not. There are also several costuming groups here in Portland that could help you with your costume. We are planning an informal Feburary Oregon FanForce (OFF) meeting, it would be great if you could come and meet the group. We almost always have different and new members attend, so don't feel like you're stepping into a click. It was great that you could make OMSI, that was once in a lifetime event. Did you see some costumers there when you attended?

Feel free to post as much as you like. And please sign the OFF survey (the sticky on top) and we will add you to your OFF membership. [face_dancing]
  3. PDX_TwiChick Jedi Knight

Yeah it was awesome, I felt like a little kid. The exhibit was fantastic. We had planned on going back the weekend of the 30/31st before it closed to take pictures and spend more time looking at all the stuff, but the car died. *sob*

There weren't that many people there when we went, and none in costume at all. Like I said, I'm kicking my own ass for not knowing about it sooner, or I'd have tried to get to the opening.

As far as local costume groups... wanna point me in the right direction? =)
  4. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi there PDX_TwiChick

I am the Membership Liason Officer for one of the local groups, Dark Side Troopers. Consider yourself pointed in the right direction. PM me and I will get you some info....

- Bill

Imperial TIE PILOT: TI-7279
    callsign, "Chef"
  5. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    Hay PDX, I just noticed that you just registered onto the Dark Side Troopers forum. It will be nice to see some fresh posts there, although I'm not one to speak, I don't post there as much as I should.[face_whistling]
  6. bluenote421 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi PDX, Nice to see new faces on the board. especially enthusiastic ones. Im planning on joining the DST as well, but you can always join as a spotter till u get a costume ready. just something to think about as you decide. do u know who u will be trooping as yet?
  7. PDX_TwiChick Jedi Knight

Well sadly at this point, I cannot join as a spotter as I am no longer in the Portland, well hell for that matter, the Oregon area. I moved to New Jersey last week. This is supposed to be a temporary move, but we shall see. I really do hope to be back in Portland by this summer.

I had not really given any thought to who or what I wanna troop as. I'm just in it to have fun. I had planned on making a white robe set for C4 which it is now looking like I wont be attending either. I have decided that I want a set of clone armor, wether I will wear it or not is another matter... I just want it!! LOL

Anyhow, as I said in a previous post, I am sorry I missed the opportunity to meet with you guys before I had to take off to Jersey. I'll be here and there on the forums though and I'll be in Portland in spirit.
  8. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    PDX, would you like us to keep you on the OFF survey under New Jersey or Portland? You can still remain an official OFF member event if you are out of state.
  9. PDX_TwiChick Jedi Knight

Ohhh, hadn't thought of that... I guess Paramus, 1st level of Hell, I mean New Jersey is fine for now... /cry.

It snowed again today, its covered butt deep in this white stuff... looks like... Hoth... Swear I saw a wampa run by, I got a very obscure, fuzzy, grainy photo as evidence the great atlantic wampa does exist!.

I'm homesick.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.