main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Hold me Like you did on the lake of Naboo"

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by black_saber, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Was Padme refering to the time when Anakin made love to her witched lead to her pregency? I always wondered that what that meant in witch timeframe it happened and I know it happened before the events of Labryth of Evil and Revenge of the Sith.

2. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Probably...I wouldn't know ...I always thought it was the last time they were able to spend time together as husband & wife than as public figures ...whether it was the time Padmè conceived, I have no idea. It is something I would like to know myself along with how much time they actually they spent together(how did she ended up with a
    Ani's cloak?;) ). All I know is that it was not that much. I don't read the books much so I hope the CWS touches on thi issue.

3. clrobins6r

clrobins6r Jedi Knight

May 15, 2009
    If I had to take my guess, she was referring to when they got married at the end of AOTC. Based on the limited knowledge we have from the Cartoon Network CW and the new CW series, we know that Anakin was sent around the universe during the CW's. My guess is their wedding, just as the war was starting is the time that Padme is longing for, when Anakin was just her husband and not the legendary Jedi in demand he had become in ROTS when she makes this request.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Then it's strange that she goes on to say, "no war", since the war had already started by that point.

5. starwarsobesses

starwarsobesses Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2008
    I think what Padme met when she said no war was that when they were together it didn't feel like there was a war.

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I agree with the above statement. It is possible, also, that the time referred to was before the Battle of Geonosis, when there was no war.

7. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006

Spell check?

And who knows what she was referring to. Probably when they were married.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    In that case the problem is that "when there was nothing but our love" doesn't fit.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Though the Clone Wars had begun, that appears to be the time she is talking about. Padme was not pregnant then. It could also refer to their time in the meadow before going to Geonosis. When they were rolling around and later, riding back to the lake house.

10. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Bingo! notice she says this at a time they find themselfs in a middle of a political despute that is starting to put a wedge between them.

11. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    They probably did it more than once, so they might've done it on Naboo, but it wouldn't be when Luke and Leia were conceived. For one thing, Luke and Leia were born (prematurely) three years later.

12. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Go fiqures.

13. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I think she was referring to the time on Naboo where they were together and the war had not yet begun. Their problems were considerably less at that time, to be sure.

14. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I think it referred to any given time they were together on Naboo, away from the politics on Coruscant or the ongoing war. It is entirely possible they may have gone back there from time to time in the interim between AOTC and ROTS.

15. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    I agree with Miss Padmé. The Lake Retreat was called that for a reason. Padmé wants to return there for the birth of the baby(ies). Peaceful...no war...when they fell in love, when they were married. It's a better place and a better space in time.

Ironically - in the E.U. - Last of the Jedi series/ Death On Naboo specifically, war does come there. and the death in that title refers to a close elderly relative of Padmé's. The last queen of Naboo, Apailana, also perishes. She dies because she helps the Jedi.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    You destroy her while playing as an Imperial in the objective mode of Battlefront II.

17. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I'm reading that series right now. How sad. :_|

18. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    I love this series....the first book-the actual "Last of the Jedi" is heartbreaking when we learn of Obi Wan's first days on Tatooine...just made me cry - and Jude Watson somehow captured exactly the right...everything, just the way I imagined Obi Wan then and there. The sadness, the regret, the guilt - and all them huge but what was also real and touching was the loneliness.

I love how she writes and this series keeps the saga going for me - even adding to and further connecting the two trilogies.

19. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    It happened in the original CW t.v. show. Around chapter 21 or 22. It shows a light go off in a building and the commentary says "and that is how Luke and Leia were born". I am not spamming, I just found this out resentley.

20. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I've always assumed she was refering to the time she spent with Anakin on Naboo when they got married. And yes, her comment doesn't make sense when you think what happens in AOTC, but kind of the point. Padme is idolising her relationship with Anakin in ROTS and has the relationsip on a pedastal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.