main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Hold up a minute..Maul is ALIVE in the animated series?!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by EternalStutter, Jan 6, 2015.

1. EternalStutter

EternalStutter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2015
    The guy who was SLICED in HALF eventually shows up in this show?!

Come on now. For real?

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    2012 called, it wants its news back!

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Yup. Completely infeasible but many like it. For me and others Maul died at Naboo.

Dak Oolron, azmar, zompusbite and 8 others like this.
  4. EternalStutter

EternalStutter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2015
    I'm completely new to Star Wars forums. Its news to me lol

azmar likes this.
  5. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    yeah, it's completely stupid. one of the thing's i liked about Star Wars is that death was final and it wasn't cheap.

6. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Its not all bad. Though I object to the principle of the thing, his episodes in the show (there were only 8 before his defeat) were actually pretty good. He went out as quickly as he went in.

7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I've seen most of them and I disagree it's widely open to interpretation if his handling is good.

zompusbite likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    His return felt like Filoni and Lucas were scrapping the bottom of the barrel for ideas. We have Grievous, Dooku, Ventress, the rest of the Separatist Council (these guys needed more exposure!) and the new guy Savage. We supposedly have have stories through season 8 but they bring Maul back? Put Savage in his place! He was delegated to second fiddle. So dumb.

9. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Yeah it's one of the main reasons I don't watch the show. I saw the TCW movie, and was already annoyed that it voided Anakin's ROTS line "My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count."
    Maybe I should have given the show a better chance, but stuff like this doesn't help.

Dak Oolron, azmar, zompusbite and 3 others like this.
  10. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002
    I enjoy the show, I think we finally get the Anakin that Obi-Wan talks about in ANH. But on the Maul front I was also very uninteresting in him being alive but I found the storyline with him interesting enough to enjoy it. While it was most likely Georges way of rectifying his admitted mistake of killing Maul in TPM, I hope they don't just have him disappear now that TCW's is over and we see him show up again somewhere down the line. (My hope is he shows up in Rebels)

11. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I know TCW is canon now, but for me, Maul died on Naboo. I just see the situation in TCW as a kind of "what if?" scenario. I think it's safe to say that when Lucas wrote the scene in TPM, it wasn't ambiguous at all-- Maul was dead. It was only the immense popularity of the character that brought him back.

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I was against the idea of him coming back but I did end up enjoying most of the episodes he appeared in quite a bit.....so I have mixed feelings on the whole thing now.

13. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    I was rather "meh" on the idea of bringing Maul, though I could see the reason why, but I do have to admit they did a good job in TCW with bringing him back. I look at it this way, it's the Star Wars Universe, which is totally not everyday real world normal, so why the hell not.

CoolyFett and cubman987 like this.
  14. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    I consider the show same as I do EU material and the TCW movie--non Canon entities. Issues of GL not being the main contributor & elements openly contradicting the six movies. At best they're awful fanfiction. I have not seen most episodes but from the bits I have seen and the show storylines I have goggled-I do regret having tried in the first place.

1)Council agreeing to give Anakin a Padawan between AOTC and ROTS? No way Canon Council would have agreed to THAT.
    2)Obi-Wan having a love interest? Canon Obi-Wan never would have, if all his lectures are to be taken seriously in the movies. Obi-Wan Kenobi is a great character as presented in the movies, no need to make him into an hypocrite and someone who doesn't follow his principles.
    3)Maul alive-no, he clearly died in the movies. Resurrections of characters never turn out for the best.

And on and on. Never will have the time or inclination to list all the mistakes of this...show. Blergh. Its creation is a clear waste. My stance is that if things were not present in the prequel movies, then they were not important enough to have screen time. I don't see how there is substantial material to be explored PT-era. I just don't.

15. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Nevermind..sorry

CoolyFett likes this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Wish that TCW was a Dark Times era series instead.

zompusbite and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yes, Maul was revealed to have been alive at the end of season three and returns at the end of season four. Remember that Darth Plagueis was said to be able to cheat death. Maul's survival seems to tie into that.

[​IMG]

How is it voided? If you just watch the films, they've only had one fight. Watching the show we find out they fought an additional four encounters and each time, Anakin couldn't beat Dooku.

18. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Firstly, it stands out as a retcon to me because as you are aware it was initially intended to be a reference to the encounter when Anakin lost his arm. The "revenge" part of the meaning is kinda diluted.
    Secondly, I haven't really seen the show, but how far into the Clone Wars is the new "last" time they fought? It just seems meaningless to have Anakin say his powers have doubled since the last time if they fought four more times.
    It feels more significant the way I view it is all.

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    And don't forget, we have at least 2 more seasons worth of arcs. We could fit 2-3 more duels between Anakin and Dooku quite easily.
    It's less than a year to ROTS I believe.

20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    still havn't seen season 6

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The Order 66, Yoda, Bardotta and Clovis arc? Can't forget the Son of Dathomir arcs, the Utupua arc and Dark Disciple either.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  22. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Yes, he is alive, yes, it's canon and yes, it's awesome.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He ended up being a better character than he was in TPM. But he still should not have come back. It should have been Savage.

My understanding was that Lucas told TCW writers to bring Maul back, maybe as a promotion for TPM in 3D but I can't remember the timing on that.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  24. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I was annoyed about him being alive at first, but I got over it. Maul got some decent character development and rattled Sidious enough for him to leave Coruscant to deal with him and his brother. Since Maul is still alive for the time being i'd wager he will pop up again sooner or later.

Marco1907 likes this.
  25. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    In a universe where people can come back as force ghosts, a guy getting cut in half and coming back isn't too much of a stretch really.