main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Hold up a minute..Maul is ALIVE in the animated series?!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by EternalStutter, Jan 6, 2015.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    You guys make it that way. NOT ME

2. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.

3. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
  4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Like I said, how is that ridiculous and these two aren't?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. only one kenobi

only one kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2012
    Well, the first of those...I'm not sure he isn't slightly ridiculous, certainly in the way he is portrayed in the movie he appears in. And...Anakin we see has his legs and arm dismembered...and is found soon afterwards by Palpatine. Certainly by current standards of meicine/robotics Vader is far-fetched but...being cut literally in half at the waist and then falling down an awfully deep shaft..?!

And, let's remember that death was a choice by Lucas to make sure that it was absolutely sure he was dead - to avoid a potential 'Boba Fett' situation.

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    At least you're honest. But still, there is precedent thanks to him.

We've seen Obi-wan fall eighty stories and not have a scratch. As to surviving, again, we've got two people who survived what should have been fatal wounds. Hell, Grievous is all guts and a head. If people can swallow that BS, there shouldn't be an issue here.

And it was his choice to resurrect him.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  7. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    First of all, I only said I think DM's survival is ridiculous. I didn't say GG and DV are perfectly plausible. There are a lot of things in SW that don't make sense to me.

Second, we (or at least I) don't know the background on how GG came to be in the state he's in in ROTS. Can't comment much on that. And as for DV, he had some limbs chopped off and he was severely burned. That's a pretty tough experience, but there are people who have survived such injuries. And then I think you give the SW universe the benefit of the doubt as far as giving him artificial limbs and whatnot. But I've never heard of anyone surviving from being cut in half at the waist and falling into a pit so deep it looked bottomless. You have to suspend disbelief to some extent when watching a movie like SW, but I think bringing someone back after a death scene like that is just pushing it a little too far.

8. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    The way you guys make it the way you make it.

Lulu_Mars likes this.
  9. Crystalia

Crystalia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 24, 2013
    And it was his choice to resurrect him.
    --------------

does it not bother you that Lucas is so inconsistent? :p

10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Lucas being inconsistent is normal. ;)

11. Crystalia

Crystalia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 24, 2013
    if not irritating :p at least to me.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  12. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    CoolyFett: Thanks for clearing that up :)
    Let me know if I misunderstand you. I take it that you feel that some of us are kind of rubbing "it's canon" in everybody's face. I just want you to know that that's never been my intention. It doesn't bother me in the least if someone doesn't want to acknowledge the official canon. As I said, I respect your view.
    With my first post in this thread, I just wanted to express my personal love for what's in the official canon. That doesn't mean that you have to share that love.

Take care! [:D]

only one kenobi likes this.
  13. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I think he was used well, I just don't like that he wasn't killed at the end.

14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    His explanation on how his hatred buried him within the dark side, which kept him alive was pretty cool.

15. PapiNacho

PapiNacho Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2015
    "Chancellor Palapatine, Sith Lords are our specialty." Really Obi-Wan? Are they? That said, Maul was pretty well handled in TCW. I just wish Obi-Wan had killed him off.

16. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I was quite happy about Maul's return, he was killed off far too quickly. I wished he'd kept the chicken legs, they made him look more demonic. I'd love to see another novel/comic about him, I suspect one (or both!) will happen someday.

17. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Lucas resurrected Maul as a marketing tie in with the rerelease of TPM in 3D, nothing more.

He changes his mind alot, many artists are that way. It is why sometimes artists are never happy with their work, they always think they could have done better.

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    There was a bottom to the pit. And as I noted, Obi-wan survived eighty feet. Maul can survive ninety. As to his waist, again, Plagueis was said to stop people from dying just by using the Force. As to Grievous, the story which may or may not still be true, was that he was blown up and what was left of him was turned into the cyborg that we know.

Nope. He's done it his whole life and he is not the only person to change their mind in storytelling.

The ROTJ novelization mentions that Vader survived his original injuries due to his own black will. It isn't that far off.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  19. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    Probably would have in the Season 8 Maul Arc. Disney plz..

20. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000

I know.

21. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I think Darth Maul has nice horns, anyone who doesnt like his horns needs to understand that the reasons people live on Tatoonie is because they have no where else to go. Ive watched Clone Wars as a TV show, but only because I was told to watch it as a TV show. Put it this way, if Darth Maul never returned who would they use to replace Grevious in the 5th season? I dont think it nice to hurt peoples feelings, so I agree with what say.

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    But he couldn't prevent himself from being killed, and he was far more advanced than Maul.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I mean it makes more sense then grevious being alive and it makes as much sense as vader IMO.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  24. PapiNacho

PapiNacho Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2015

But Grievous was born as a robot!

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Sure....:p