main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Hold up a minute..Maul is ALIVE in the animated series?!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by EternalStutter, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What exactly is a "worshipper of Maul's survivor"? Also, your questions have already been answered in this thread.

Saga Explorer and thejeditraitor like this.
  2. zompusbite

zompusbite Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 3, 2014
  3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Really.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In a previous thread, a person posted a vid of The Sith Hunters comic, which shows the relevant scenes in flashback - Maul landing in water on Naboo, then being sucked into a storage tank for transport (2.38 onward) then his arrival on that junk planet (6.18 onward)

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Maul survived because of the force and his anger same as Anakin.

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    also witch magic.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Just call it the force

Since I am pretty sure its just the force manifested in a different way then normal.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't the "spirit ichor" AKA "magic" AKA "Living Force" only really come into play in restoring Maul's sanity and replacing his legs?

His surviving the TPM injury, I don't think involved help from Talzin.

9. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    SPOILERS FOR TCW AND SON OF DATHOMIR

edit: maul is talzin's son. sidious kidnapped him as a child. she gave up her physical form to resurrect him. seeing as she can go where she wants in magical spirit form and that she uses her magic on ventress, savage and the nightsisters, maul had some extra help. later she gave up the rest of her lifeforce so maul could escape dooku, gg and sidious.

Talzin - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

10. only one kenobi

only one kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2012

Really? Just..
    .but...
    I don't even know where to begin.

There is, I think, a way of describing this....... shift in perception, in conceptual landscape, which I think is quite interesting but....I may have to start a thread related to this. It is actually something I am writing about at the moment (the 'theft' of language and the transposition of 'meaning' from one cultural 'space' onto another)

11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    come again.

12. only one kenobi

Nov 18, 2012
    There is, in this, a certain degree of irony. That you might question what I have said ( a reference to a question which might more succinctly be written as 'what on Coruscant does this 'Force' have in common with the Force in, for example, the OT?') whereas

"she gave up her physical form to resurrect him. seeing as she can go where she wants in magical spirit form and that she uses her magic on ventress, savage and the nightsisters, maul had some extra help. later she gave up the rest of her lifeforce so maul could escape dooku, gg and sidious."

is a perfectly viable sentence...

Just reading that is like one of those 'smacks own head in befuddlement' moments....from a certain point of view, of course.

13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    well it was written and then edited incorrectly. if you're going to critique writing on a internet message board you're going to have a hard time. i appreciate you intimating that i'm a moron though. thanks.

14. only one kenobi

Nov 18, 2012

Sorry, you must have misunderstood. I'm not critiquing your writing - at all. It is the essence of what is written (the very ideas that you are simply elucidating, not inventing) not any 'standard' of writing that I am addressing.

To be clear, there is no insult toward you in any way, it is the idea that "magical spirit form" etc. is actually a description of a story in Star Wars that I am addressing...

15. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Well, the Nightsisters use magicks, which are Force abilities and Talzin is capable of existing between the physical and spirit realms by slipping into spirit ichor, which is the green mist we see in the comic and cartoon series. The CW really expanded on the abilities of other Force sensitive cultures, outside of the limited scope in the movies.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Right. This was also confirmed in season six's, "Sacrifice" by Darth Sidious himself.

All of which was an extension of the Sith magic that was first introduced in "Dark Empire" and expanded upon in the "Tales Of The Jedi" franchise. All done before Lucas sold his company and things were altered with the EU.