main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Holdo "We may have a spy on Board"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PadawanGussin, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    Might this one line of dialogue have made TLJ better ?

When Poe firs confronts Holdo about her perceived lack of a plan she basically slaps him down fairly hard. While it is completely understandable to maintain operational secrecy in a crisis situation would it have been better for Holdo to have taken Poe into her confidence from the start ? From what we have seen in the films Poe was one of Leia's inner circle and very unlikely to be a spy himself. He also has a good relationship with the rank and file and might have been able to calm the fears we saw without giving away the details of the plan.

This would have also been an interesting twist in the Poe / Fynn and Rose / Fynn relationships as they ponder whether Fynn should be allowed to return not only to the First Order but to the flagship of the Supreme Leader at such a pivotal time.

Of course the flip side to this would be Holdo's concern that after his capture , Poe might have become a deep cover agent of the F O and her basic distrust of him due to that concern. Again, this could have been dealt with a simple dialogue fix or a entry by Holdo into her personal log.

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  2. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    At least link the YouTube video you're jacking.

3. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    I have actually heard this viewpoint from multiple sources , some online and some with discussions with friends , as well have been curious about it myself while seeing TLJ.

There are hundreds of vids about TLJ on youtube but I don't know specifically which one you are referencing. .

4. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    That line would have helped a lot.

Poe disagreeing with Holdo, by thinking Finn is a spy, strengthening the bond between Poe and Finn. But at the same time I don't think it would have made Holdo a likable character. But it would have made more sense as to why she was hush hush to Poe instead of no reason.

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.