main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Holes In The Floor of Heaven (slighty AU for JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel5000, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It seems all of our writers having mean cruel bosses that overwork them.Hope the post comes sooner rather than later.PEACE Ewen

2. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Ohhhhhh... there may be a post pretty soon... I'm getting excited! LOL! :)

Just thought I'd check in to see if there was a new post - I'll check in again later!

:D

3. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Trip was pretty good. Though it rained the first and last two days. The worst part was coming home again...LOL

Ready for another post? 'Cause I've got one for ya...

It is kinda short (sorry 'bout that). It would be longer but the section after this one contains corporal punishment and I promised it would be it's own separate post - with a warning at the beginning. So the next time I post it'll be a bit longer. :)

--Year by year, made a life --
    --In this sleepy little town --
    --I thought we'd grow old together --
    --Lord, I sure do miss her now--

Qui-Gon could only watch as his Padawan lay on the bed, shaking. Whether he was shaking from fear, cold or pain Qui-Gon didn't know but whatever it was he didn't like it. "Are you sure there is nothing you can do?" Qui-Gon asked the healer again. For what seemed the millionth time the man shook his head.

"I am sorry but I have no idea what is wrong with the boy. Apparently when you two were meditating you accessed some very painful memories and they have caused him severe ache, agony, and? it seems there is guilt there too. Whatever memories are coming up he is guilty about something." Healer Kemmerick said quietly.

"What about our bond? He has completely cut me off. He has never closed up so much before. Sure, he's raised his shields once or twice but never has he severed our bond. Not even Melida/Daan was like this; there it was gone completely as though we'd never had it. Now he's there, I can feel him but that?s all? and it is worse than not having him at all." Qui-Gon's voice was strained and he was on the verge of loosing his composure.

"Your bond is completely severed?" The healer asked in surprise, even though Qui-Gon had just answered that question.

"No, not completely. I can still feel his presence through it but nothing else! Nothing! None of his feelings are available to me, I didn't even know what they were until you used that scanner!" Qui-Gon's voice rose slightly and Mace Windu placed his hand on his friends shoulder. The healer had brought along a scanner that could detect certain emotions. Law Enforcement officers used it as a lie detector, or to help solve crimes. But Healers used it in cases like this where the patients were unconscious or had no control over their body, which was obviously Obi-Wan's problem.

"Calm down Qui-Gon. Getting upset will not help Obi-Wan. If anything it will make it worse. When the boy opens up again do you want him to feel your anger and upset feelings before anything else? That would only cause him to close up again. He should feel your love and support. Those are the feelings you should be feeling now and they should be directed at him." Mace said quietly. He was worried about his friend. It wasn't very often that he got so upset. It was apparent to all who were present that Obi-Wan meant a lot to him.

"It may be that the shock from the memories caused Obi-Wan to break off the connection or it could be that, unconsciously he broke it when trying to shield because he didn't want you to feel the guilt and pain he was feeling." Kemmerick continued.

Qui-Gon only turned his head and stared numbly at the boy lying on the bed. It was no longer the bright, cheerful, active Obi-Wan he knew before. He would give anything to have that boy back, *anything*!

The healers shook their heads sadly and left the room. There was nothing they could do for the boy and even more depressing was that he could do nothing for his Master either. He felt utterly helpless.

"I am sorry, but I cannot remain here, especially if there is nothing I can do. There are others that need my attention. Please, do not allow him to do anything rash. Keep him here. When that boy opens up their bond again he will need to feel Qui-Gon's comfort immediately, his sanity may depend on it." Kemmerick whispered to Mace before leaving.

Mace nodded, "I will do my best." He said to the retreating healers back.

Opinions?

4. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Great work!! Please continue soon?

What is wrong with Obi? That poor guy gets put through so much in these stories. ?[face_plain]

5. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I have one thing to say...well, actually two: Great post! and Post more! There, that is all.

6. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    Yay! A post! Good work! Post more soon!! (I know--we're all so greedy)

7. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    YAY! A new post! :)

Great job, Angel! I'm really looking forward to the next post! (Yes, Red, we are all so greedy! LOL! ;) )

We just can't get enough of wonderful stories!

8. Obi-wan's Padawan

Obi-wan's Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2000
    Great post! I am looking forward to the next one. :)

9. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Well - another post will be out soon. In a day or so. I hope no one will be too upset by a memory containing corporal punishment. It doesn't go into very much detail but some people are still distrubed by it anyway.

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Glad you are back safely from your trip.thanx for the post,and hope another is soon to follow.PEACE Ewen

11. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    So the next one will have the corpal(SP?) thing in it? well I won't get too freaked hopefully

12. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    do you know what corporal punishment is Cheryl?

Yes, it will have it. But not to badly. And if it gets too bad skip to the end of the memory. the end of the memory is marked just as all the others have been.

13. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Hey! What's my story doing clear down on page...like...8 or 9?? LoL

Actually - I just wanted to let you know that if I can't post the next part of the story tomorrow then I won't have another chance until Monday.

14. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I hate to say this but- Poor Obi.

15. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Just post as soon as possible, and I'll be happy! :)

I'm looking forward to this next post...

16. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    Corparl is like getting beaten Right?

17. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
  18. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Well...Corporal punishment is any form of punishment that is physical. Like spankings or being slapped, or something like that.

I suppose beatings could fall under corporal punishment...but usually corporal isn't abuse. In this case it's nothing more than a spanking.

19. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Ohhhh... I feel the need to UP this... ;)

So no post yet, huh? Hopefully we'll get one soon! :)

20. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Sorry Guys....hate to say this but the next post will have to be either late sunday or monday... (today being saturday). If I'm REALLY lucky I can post again tonight...but don't count on it...

Don't blame me - blame the computers. Only one of them has the story - and that one is being worked on...

21. Red_Forever

Apr 19, 2001
    ::Jumps up and down, cheering, "WE GET A POST SOON!!! WE GET A POST SOON!!!":: ::Blushes at her childish, un-Jedilike behavior:: [face_blush] I have to say, Poor Obi-Wan, and you aren't even through torturing him yet! That's not to say you shouldn't be too hard on him though! [face_mischief] I need more!

22. Red_Forever

Apr 19, 2001
    Sorry--Double post.

23. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Guess what guys??? You get a post! :) I was finally able to get online tonight. Here's the next two little sections.

Guess what else? There may only be one or two more posts before the end of the story!! [face_shocked] Now what will I do??

*grin*

Okay - enough delay - here's the post:

--And sometimes when I'm lonely --
    --I remember she can see --
    --There's holes in the floor of heaven and she's --
    --Watchin over you and me--

Qui-Gon watched as Obi-Wan's tears came back. //What is wrong with the boy? What is happening? What is going on in his mind? // Qui-Gon thought to himself, torn at his Padawan's appearance. The Healers had come and gone, they couldn't help the boy any more than he could. He was even missing Obi-Wan's cocky, smart aleck attitude that had gotten him into so much trouble before. Qui-Gon closed his eyes as the memories came upon him.

*Memory*

Qui-Gon sat at the desk trying to read a datapad. He had read the same paragraph five times now but he still couldn't remember a word of it. //Where is that boy? I told him to be back at 9:30 and here it is 10:52! // He thought to himself. He was full of worry and yet at the same time he was a little angry with the boy for disobeying his orders. Suddenly he felt Obi-Wan?s presence.

The door opened and Obi-Wan started to walk across the common room towards his bedroom. //If only I can get to my room I'll be fine...Qui-Gon will never know...// The boy thought to himself, hoping his Master was asleep.

^I don't think so^ Qui-Gon said, sending the words through their bond.

Obi-Wan turned and faced his Master, "Hello Master," He said with forced cheerfulness, "I'm surprised you're still up.... I assumed you would have been in bed long ago." His words bold- perhaps a little too bold.

"Hasn't anyone ever told you not to assume things? Where have you been Padawan?" Qui-Gon asked, getting right to the point.

"No where." Obi-Wan mumbled, as he headed towards his room.

Qui-Gon took a quick step forward and grabbing Obi-Wan's arm spun him around. "Where have you been?" He growled. The boy sure had a lot of nerve, brushing off his tardiness and disobedience so easily.

"I said nowhere, can't you just let me be?" The boy responded, his voice rising.

Qui-Gon slapped the boy. The slap wasn't hard enough to leave a large mark, just hard enough to turn his cheek a little red, sting a bit, and remind the boy who was in charge. "Now, are you going to tell me where you were and why you are just now getting in, almost ninety minutes past your curfew or do we have to do this the hard way?" His voice was sharp and his eyes hard. He couldn't believe the boy was acting this way.

Obi-Wan gingerly felt his cheek before meeting his Master's gaze; "I was out with Garen and Reeft at a party. We lost track of time if it?s any of your business." Obi-Wan responded. When his Master had slapped him it had made him mad and now he was making some pretty stupid choices in his use of words.

Qui-Gon only stared at Obi-Wan for a few minutes before pulling him to the couch by his braid. "Okay Padawan, I've had enough of your sass. I am sorry that I have to do this but you've left me no choice but to give you a punishment that will stay in your memory for a while."

Obi-Wan's eyes grew large, he had an idea where this was going and he *knew* he wouldn't like it. "Master, I-"

"Obi-Wan you aren't going to be able to plead your way out of this one. Not this time. You've gone just a little bit to far." Pulling the boy over his knees Qui-Gon brought his hand down with a hard *smack* to Obi-Wan's rear.

*Memory End*

Qui-Gon took a deep breath as he remembered the night. He had given Obi-Wan a good spanking and the boy hadn't sassed him like that since. Although he did get a little out of control, the need for a physical "reminder" hadn't been needed in a while. Why couldn't Obi-Wan just shake this thing off? Qui-Gon missed him so much that he was ready to start barg

24. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    your not only torturing the boy, your torturing us. IS OBI GOING TO BE OK?

25. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    More! More, I say! Great job, Angel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.