main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Holes In The Floor of Heaven (slighty AU for JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel5000, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    Ouch! Poor Obi! Will he be ok?? Geez, I'd hate to be forced to relive every bad memory. Having to do something like that might drive Obi insane. And ANGEL, you said that there's only a couple of posts left, so it looks like it's time to request a sequel, as well as another post! More please!

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    More, please.

Oh, here's my two cents about Qui's use of corporal punishment. I know that right now the 'Establishment' says that spanking your child is a bad thing, I disagree. Sometimes it takes more than words to get a child's attention. I am not condoning beatings or abuse. There is a huge difference between a swat on the butt and a beating that leaves bruises. I would even go so far as to say that Qui slapping Obi in the face was close to the line, but occasionally, more drastic measures than a talking to or a time out are called for.

Oh, by the way, a sequel would be great!

3. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    *innocent look*

I'm torturing you? Really?

*grin*

Good! LOL :)

A sequel? I never thought about writing a sequel... I've never had anyone ask (even though I've had this story posted in other places for several months).

I'll have to think about this one. Hmmm I guess I COULD write a sequel... but of course that wouldn't be a songfic - it'd have to be a regular story...

*drifts off into world of thoughts*

You can expect another post either sometime before, or on, wednesday the 15th (pacific time zone).

4. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    How about a post on the 14th? I've already talked Ginger into it over at her fic Silent Nights... :p :)

:D

5. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    The 14th huh?

Let me see... I have to work that day!

*sigh*

I can try. If I can get online and post before 12:00 then you'll get one. Otherwise it'll have to wait because I have the later shift tomorrow. I'm schedule 1-5 but lately when I'm on that shift I don't get off until 7 and then the 20 minute drive takes an hour to get home because there is road work going on. So... I'm EXHAUSTED. But I'll try.

6. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    OUCH! This is torture! :eek:

7. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Okay guys, this is the very last post.... how sad!! Soon this story will drop down and everyone will forget it even exists...

Now I feel sad. Maybe I shouldn't post...

*grin*

Okay, I won't do that to ya. :)

Here it is:

--They throw the rice, I catch her eye --
    --As the rain starts comin down --
    --She takes my hand, says daddy don't be sad --
    --Cause I know mamma's watchin now--

Qui-Gon woke with a jerk and looked around. Something was different and he couldn't put his finger on it. The room was so quiet, silent even. //The silence! // For hours Obi-Wan had been quietly crying and screaming and now the room was totally quiet and the only sound that could be heard was the boys quiet, ragged breathing. It had been the sudden silence that had jerked him out of his uneasy sleep.

"Obi-Wan? Padawan can you hear me?" Qui-Gon asked quietly. Gently he reached out through their bond, sending comforting and loving images toward the boy. "Come on Obi-Wan, I know you can beat this. I don't know what?s happening in there but please fight it!"

Mace walked in at the sound of Qui-Gon's voice and stood next the pleading man, "I think he's coming through but it will still take awhile. Why don't you get some food and I'll keep watch over the boy." The dark skinned man said, hoping that his friend would take the offer. It had been a couple of days since Qui-Gon had even gone near any food. He'd been living on water and pure determination.

Qui-Gon looked up at his friend and nodded, "I'll eat. But I'll only be gone a few minutes, I don't want to leave him alone for long."

The other man nodded his approval and then sat beside the quiet boy. /Yes, he was coming through. The boy would make it... /

--And there's holes in the floor of heaven --
    --And her tears are pourin down --
    --That's how you know she's watchin --
    --Wishin she could be here now--

Obi-Wan was going through torture, pure, evil torture. His mind just wouldn't leave him alone! //Help me! Somebody help me! Please help me! // Obi-Wan was crying out in his mind, begging for someone to help him, begging for someone to stop the pain. He knew that no one could hear him yet he continued to scream out, hoping someone would take pity.

Suddenly his thrashing stopped and he was filled with a strange calm. The calm came from a presence that he recognized but hadn't felt in many months, a presence he had thought he would never feel again, a presence that he had felt die back on Melida/Daan, a presence that shouldn't have existed anymore.

/Obi-Wan, do not despair. Someone has heard your calls for help and I have come. I have come my friend to relieve you from your pain and your guilt. Please do not hurt yourself any longer. There is nothing you could have done to save me and I do not blame you. / The presence grew stronger and Obi-Wan could feel it reaching out to his mind. It was then that he realized that she was here to free him from his guilt, she was here to unlock the chains that bound his mind.

//Why didn't you come sooner? If you do not blame me why did you make me suffer? Everyone has left me! Even my master has blocked me from his mind! // Obi-Wan cried out.

/ I could not come sooner for you would not let me in. Every time I tried you would raise your shields higher and your guilt would increase. It is the guilt that has caused you these exaggerated nightmares. My sweet friend it is not your Master blocking you out but you blocking him out. He has been trying to help you for days. He would not leave you. / The spirit grew bright for a few seconds before it started to fade.

//Don't go! Cerasi don't leave me! It has been to long! Please.... please stay - help me.... //

/ I have freed your mind of the guilt but you must fight it, you must open your mind and unlock your shields. Let your master in my friend, let him in..../ Her presence faded quickly until Obi-Wan could feel it no longer. It was then that he realized with a start that he had control over his mind

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Its over already :_|

Sniff, what's that you say Angel5000? A sequel. Why yes, thank you. Thank would be lovely! :)

9. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    That was great! Oh THANK YOU ANGEL!!!! :D *sniff* HAS ANYONE GOT A TISSUE?!?!

Laura, if it helps I posted on Silent Nights!!

More I cry! More! Way to go Angel!! This was great!!

10. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    :_| I can't believe this is all over!!! And yes, I still want a sequel!! Song-fic or no, This is good work, and it deserves to be continued!!
    Since Greencat put in her 2 cents abt. corporal punishment, I'll give mine. I think there is a major difference between a spanking and child abuse. Just because it's not a whole lot of fun for the kid being punished, doesn't mean it's wrong. If it's repetitive, or if it's a beating, THEN it's child abuse. The problem is: HOW DO WE TELL THE DIFFERENCE?? It's such a fine line, and there's no sure way to tell what's crossing over it. I think that most kids, espeically when they're ages 7-10 will probably test their parents' limits, and in some of these situations, a talking-to won't work. I think, also, that children over the age of 12 shouldn't be spanked. After that, it's just too embarassing for the kid. My parents used corporal punishment when I deserved it from time to time because I was being such a jerk. I stopped that pretty quickly.
    I know, I have a long opinion on this. I'd be interested in hearing other people's opinions on this subject.

11. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Fantastic story...I only have one thing left to say:

S E Q U E L ! ! ! ! !

JediCandy

12. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :_| Depressing- but I loved it. I absolutely loved it :)

And yes- a sequel would be great!

13. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Hmmm... okay. Well I don't HAVE a sequel written at the moment. No one's ever asked for one before. I'll do my best to write one. Though I'm afraid it could take awhile...

I'm writing two other fics at the same time at the moment... (and yes Ginger, I WILL eventually get ABF9: Silent Tears finished)!

Well guys, thanks for your comments on corporal punishment. I, personally, think that it is alright up to a certain age. I think that as long as it isn't done publically (in front of other adults or siblings) then it is alright until the age of about 15. I know that my parents spanked me (though not since I was 13) and I'm a better person for it.

Thanks for all your feedback. Ya'll are great! I'll be working on a sequel... so - do you think I should post the sequel here or in a different thread?

14. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    Angel
    this is a sweet yet sad story..
    So your eventally gonna get abf9 fisished..
    Yippy!

15. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    SilverWander!! It's been decades since I've seen you!

Whats up?

16. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    That was a great story, Angel. :)

17. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    :) Good, because I wouldn't want to have to use a mind trick on ya! LOL!!!

18. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
  19. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
  20. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :) Hey, thanks for the post, Angel! :)

It's... over?!? :_| ;)

I sequel would be SUPER! As to whether to post it on this thread or a new one... I'm not sure! Whatever you think! :) I know, I'm not very helpful... ;)

Great story! I'm looking forward to the sequel... :D

21. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Well, it'll take a while to get a sequel out. While ya'll are waiting for the sequel would you guys be satisfied if I posted another story/set of stories?

22. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
  23. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    Angel
    Nothin much right now im bored

So im uping this story
    ITs SO good i think others should read it!
    :)

24. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Uppers! :D

People SHOULD read this! It's cool!

Angel, I shall enjoy whatever you write! I need SOMETHING!!!

25. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Thanks guys,

glad you like this story.

Okay: here's the 411 (LoL that sounds so cool I could say it again... but I won't). I'm going to start posting the stories for my A Bond of Friendship Series. The first thread will contain the first three stories. A Bond of Friendship, A Temple Visit, and Death's Door.

I'll start the thread....oh...in a couple days. But I need to get some replies this time (the first time I did this I didn't get any response)

What do ya'll say?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.