main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Holes in the Floor of Heaven -- (songfic) (Leia/Luke/Padme (sorta))

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by alexissteele, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexissteele

alexissteele Jedi Master

Nov 15, 2004
    Title: Holes in the Floor of Heaven
    Author: Alexis Steele
    Timeframe: Intertrilogy-COPL
    Characters: Leia, Luke, Padmé (kinda-sorta)
    Genre: song-fic
    Keywords: "There's holes in the floor of Heaven, and she's watching over you and me."
    Summary: Rainshowers bring special meaning to the Skywalker twins.
    Notes: This is my first fic in the Star Wars fandom, as well as my first songfic, so I hope everyone enjoys it. As always, Star Wars ? and all of its wonderful characters ? don?t belong to me (sadly), but to the Great Flanneled One himself, George Lucas. And the song doesn?t belong to me either; instead it?s credited to Collin Raye.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

One day shy of eight years old,
    When grandma passed away.
    I was a broken hearted little boy,
    Blowing out that birthday cake.
    How I cried when the sky let go,
    With a cold lonesome rain.
    My mom smiled, said: "Don't be sad child.
    "Grandma's watching you today."

Since the time she?d been able to walk on her own two feet, little Leia Organa loved to play in the rain. Not the torrential downpours that sometimes battered Alderaan?s capital, but the gentle sprinklings that came during the spring and summer months. No one within the Organa household or staff could explain their princess? fascination with rain until the passing of Queen Breha shortly before Leia?s sixth naming day.

Once again a gentle rained glistened on the meadows of Aldera, and the newly-widowed Viceroy looked out his office window to find his daughter sitting out by her mother?s gravesite in the royal gardens with a forlorn look on her face. Concerned for Leia?s health, Bail grabbed a spare cloak and made his way out to the gardens. As he inched closer to his daughter?s side, Bail could see Leia?s mood brighten suddenly, then she chirped, ?Thank you mommy!?

?Leia, child,? Bail spoke softly as he wrapped the cloak around her small shoulder, lest he frighten her, ?what?s wrong??

?Nothing, papa, everything?s okay now,? Leia said.

?What about earlier? You looked so sad as I was walking out here??

?I was hoping I could feel momma in the rain, like I can with my real mommy sometimes,? Leia explained.

Bail gulped. ?Your? real mommy??

Leia nodded innocently. ?Uh-huh, sometimes, when it?s raining lightly like this, it means mommy?s sad, so I come outside to play with her to cheer her up.?

Bail closed his eyes. For all that he loved his daughter, there were moments ? like now ? when he was painfully reminded that Leia wasn?t his biological daughter. He didn?t know whether to be relieved, or jealous, of the fact that Padmé still somehow managed to retain a semblance of contact with her daughter, even after her death.

A tug on his shirt sleeve pulled Bail away from his thoughts. ?Papa, mommy says that momma doesn?t want you to be sad anymore. That she will keep momma safe until we can be with momma again,? Leia said, paused for a few moments, then added, ?And mommy also says thank you for taking care of me, when she couldn?t.?

All thoughts of jealousy fled from Bail?s heart at that moment. ?Oh Leia,? he sobbed as he pulled Leia into a fierce hug, and smiled as the rain trickled off, ?What would I ever do without you? Tell you what, let?s head on inside and I?ll make you some hot chocolate. You can sit on the sofa in my office until it?s time for lunch, all right??

?Yay!? Leia chirped as she brushed the grass from her dress skirts and began tugging on her father?s hand. ?Come on, papa!?

As father and daughter made their way back to the palace, Bail whispered to the wind, ?You?re welcome, Padmé.?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"'Cos there's holes in the floor of Heaven,
    "And her tears are pouring down.
    "That's how you know she's watching,
    "Wishing she could be here now.
    "An' sometimes if you're lonely,
    "Just remember she can see.
    "There's holes in the floor of Heaven
    "And she's watching over you and me."

*~* Ten Years Later *~*

?And in Senate news, Alderaan recently held elections to replace departing senato

2. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    "It's the reason behind it," Leia sighed, then continued, "When I was a little girl, I swore I could sometimes feel my mother through the rain, like the rain was her tears. I was hoping she'd come and comfort me, as she did when my other mother died."

Sure enough, a gentle rain began pelting the jungle canopy. As she and Luke stood out in the rain that day, Leia couldn't help but think that not only were her mother¡¯s tears comforting her, but embracing Luke as well. Leia smiled.

Very powerful feeling there. I really enjoyed this! =D=

3. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    This was absolutely amazing! I saw the title of this and thought of this song and hoped it would be it and I gott my wish. But I got to say it, it was so much more than I expected. I actually cried during this. It was so beautiful and moving and I have always loved this song.

Great Job!

meg

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I love the song and you did a very good job at tieing it in with the story. Loved it....=D=

FL @};-

5. alexissteele

alexissteele Jedi Master

Nov 15, 2004
    BrentusofGath:
    "It's the reason behind it," Leia sighed, then continued, "When I was a little girl, I swore I could sometimes feel my mother through the rain, like the rain was her tears. I was hoping she'd come and comfort me, as she did when my other mother died."

Sure enough, a gentle rain began pelting the jungle canopy. As she and Luke stood out in the rain that day, Leia couldn't help but think that not only were her mother¡¯s tears comforting her, but embracing Luke as well. Leia smiled.

Very powerful feeling there. I really enjoyed this!

Yay! My first reviewer! Thanks. I had a fun time writing this, even if it did end up running away with me. Thanks for reading! And I'll answer your new PM once I get up from my nap :)

Mastermeg_0228:
    This was absolutely amazing! I saw the title of this and thought of this song and hoped it would be it and I gott my wish. But I got to say it, it was so much more than I expected. I actually cried during this. It was so beautiful and moving and I have always loved this song.

Great Job!

Yeah, I?ve had the muses poke me a few times before about writing this songfic, but never as strongly as last Wednesday. I was driving to school, and this song, plus Brad Paisley?s ?He Didn?t Have to Be? ? a Luke/Owen fic which I?m currently writing right now ? played back-to-back, and the muses struck. I never get very emotional when I read or write fanfics, but these two plot bunnies had me in tears before I even started writing them! And I never expected the bond and camaraderie between Luke and Leia when I started writing this. That came as a shock to me as well, but in a good way. Thank you for reviewing

Flowerlady
    I love the song and you did a very good job at tieing it in with the story. Loved it....

There were times when I didn?t think it was going to work out right, especially the beginning since with the song it?s supposed to be the parent soothing the child, and in the fic, it ended up going vice-versa, but I liked it nonetheless. Thank you for reviewing.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! Beautifully done! =D= A lovely song and a wonderful songfic! :D

7. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Your first fic?? That was wonderful! =D= I definitely look forward to reading anything else you write! :D

8. alexissteele

alexissteele Jedi Master

Nov 15, 2004
    I have a few moments before I have to leave for school for more replies:

VaderLVR64:
    Wow! Beautifully done! =D= A lovely song and a wonderful songfic! :D

Thank you for reviewing :)

ThePariah
    Your first fic?? That was wonderful! =D= I definitely look forward to reading anything else you write! :D

[face_blush] Thank you for the compliment. I have several more songfic ideas that popped up last night at 3:30 in the morning, based on Michael Nesmith songs *points to quote in signature* I hope they turn out as well as this one did. Thank you for reviewing :)

9. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005

This is wonderful! And yes, it brought tears to my eyes!

My favorite part:

Sure enough, a gentle rain began pelting the jungle canopy. As she and Luke stood out in the rain that day, Leia couldn?t help but think that not only were her mother?s tears comforting her, but embracing Luke as well.

10. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    I was driving to school, and this song, plus Brad Paisley?s ?He Didn?t Have to Be? ? a Luke/Owen fic which I?m currently writing right now ? played back-to-back, and the muses struck.
    ooooh would you PM me when you decide to post this if you do? that sounds like it would be a very good one too.

meg

11. alexissteele

alexissteele Jedi Master

Nov 15, 2004
    Once again, I've got a few moments before I leave for classes for the day, so more replies :)

Jade_Pilot:
    This is wonderful! And yes, it brought tears to my eyes!

My favorite part:

Sure enough, a gentle rain began pelting the jungle canopy. As she and Luke stood out in the rain that day, Leia couldn?t help but think that not only were her mother?s tears comforting her, but embracing Luke as well.

Thank you! It brought tears to my eyes as I was writing it, and the follow-up one will probably end up doing the same thing :_|. And yeah, that moment, plus the twins during Leia's wedding, were my favorite two moments to write for the songfic.

Thank you for reviewing :)

mastermeg_0228
    I was driving to school, and this song, plus Brad Paisley?s ?He Didn?t Have to Be? ? a Luke/Owen fic which I?m currently writing right now ? played back-to-back, and the muses struck.
    ooooh would you PM me when you decide to post this if you do? that sounds like it would be a very good one too.

Of course, I'd be delighted to! :D I'm just about through with the prologue to the songfic. Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.