main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Holiday Charities

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thought I would let you know I made a donation to Child?s Play in the form of a Lego Star Wars:the Complete Saga video game to Kosair Hospital (one of the nationwide participating hospitals) in the name of the Louisville Galactic Alliance. Child?s Play is a charity started by the guys over at Penny Arcade that puts video games, other toys, books and games in the hands of kids at Children?s Hospitals literally across the world.

http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

So in that spirit tell us about your favorite charities (holiday or not). Educate us on them and feel free brag on yourself and your involvement a little, who knows you may inspire someone.

2. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002

My girlfriend and I try to work the Angel Tree every year. We donate some of our time to help people select a child to buy presents for during the holiday season. If you are interested, we will be at the Jefferson Mall on Saturday December 13th.

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    :) That's awesome. My wife and I are going to pick out an angel next week. We'd like to wait until you're working but we want to get our shopping done early!

4. DarthZannah

DarthZannah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2008
    This is an awesome thread! My husband and I always donate to the Salvation army this time if year. We also participate in the Angle Tree, and food donations. There is a charity threw the National Guard which we donate to, and last but not least, as members of the SCA, they have what they call a Christmas Tourney, in which the cost to fight in armor is a toy, which is given to the Toys For Tots campaign.

And for everyones FYI, send all new private messages for me to DarthZannah. I no longer check the Yulfa profile. And thanks for the nudge Xanatos! LOL!! >;~)

5. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    No prob... I am debating on changing my nic on here myself. I have had "Xan" since I first started on here back in 2004 and part of me is wanting a change but part of me is wanting to stay the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.