main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Holiday Contest

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthIshtar, Dec 12, 2005.

1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Here's an announcement from the people in Fanforce:

And now for something completely silly and fun.

Beginning? now? and ending on December 21, 2005, FF Community will play host to the first annual inaugural premiere Holiday Contest. The goal of this contest is to have fun, give everyone an excuse to goof off from shopping and/or work, and put your creative talents to good use.

What you do

Create a piece of graphic art similar to a Holiday/Christmas card that includes the normal ?Warm wishes... ?, pictures of your club or from your city, some catchy language, etc. If at all possible, try to be funny, since sad cards probably won?t win this contest. The goal is to convince the FF Staff that your club is the uber-awsometacular best Fan Force Chapter EVAR, or at least the best at making Holiday cards. You?ll need to post a link here so that the image can be viewed, and the contest closes at 6 pm Boardtime on the 21st.

What we do

On the 21st, I?ll pester as many mods as I can find to vote. The winner will be announced about 9 am Chicago time since I?m leaving town by noon. Since we?ll have the holiday banner up in here, the winner will reap the rewards of their hard work after the holiday banner comes down in early January.

What you win.

This will depend on the chapter. If you chapter has a custom banner, it will be put up here in FF Community for at least a week (more if I?m out of town or just forget). Or you can create a custom banner. Or, the winning chapter can pick a banner to be put up, or something similar. Or, you can pick the colors for the mods that are willing to partake. We'll figure that out as we go along.

Muchas Gracias to evil-incarnate for the excellent idea.

Feel free to offer questions or comments, since the above was drafted by me at 1 am while taking a break wrapping presents. Due the casual and informal and low key nature of this game, the rules may be altered if I realized I had a brain fart about something (sorry).

Ok, back to wrapping.

Now, guys, I know we have like, the most creative Fanforce on earth. I've seen at least three people who could kick butt in this contest. Please contribute!