Holiday/December Meeting

Discussion in 'Reading, PA' started by HanSolo29, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Just thought with the holidays coming up and all that perhaps we could get together and maybe have a gift exchange or something. I know we tried this a few years ago and it fell through, so that's why I want to start planning now.

If anyone's interested and has ideas on where you would like to hold the meeting, please let me know ASAP.
  2. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    How about a Breakfast Meeting on the 24th at Dennys?

1st Meetings always seem to go better with some coffee & waffles [face_coffee] =P~

Just an idea [face_thinking]

Btw, do we have a count of the active members?
  3. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    The 24th is a Friday, correct? I'm all for that as long as I don't have to work that morning. I cook breakfast at Friendly's a few times a week.

Hmm...active members...well, I know you and me and I have another if he's willing to come. I'm sure we'll be able to find others around this time as well with the holidays and all. ;) I'm hoping to draw back all the older members. If they all return, we should have close to 10-15 people.
  4. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    If you want some input from one of your sister FFs, I could try to make it. But, I will understand if you want just RRS members.
  5. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Dave, feel free to attend if you have the time. This meeting will be open to anyone who wants to attend. Afterall, tis the season. ;)
  6. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Just some more details concerning the meeting. We plan to meet around 9:30am at the Denny's in Wyomissing. If anyone needs directions, please let me know. :)
  7. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
  8. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope, as you have stated, Friday isn't your day for visitation with Steph! :p

9. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Can I bring some duct tape for Dave? lol
  10. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, you are the one who set the days not me! :D

And as for duct tape, I think that is better suited for you and your "friends" over there in Philly!
  11. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    NO! The court set the parameters of the visitation rights.

Dammit Dave! This is why I divorced you in the first place. You always think you're right. It's like the one time at band camp....... uhhh....errrrrr......Nevermind!

You Geek!!! [face_laugh]
  12. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    You are calling me a GEEK! You are the one who's talking about a divorce (and we haven't even met!) and band camp!

I think you need to skip the duct tape and get yourself a straight-jacket!
  13. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Can I come?

Only if you boys behave. ;)
  14. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
  15. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess that means you'll have actually taken your meds that whole week?!? WOW!

16. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    Whoa!

I thought I was a bit crazy! You guys are nuts! 8-}

lol

I think I finaly found 'my people' :D Look forward to the meeting & meeting everyone.

Steph,

Any agendas for the Meeting & have you heard from any of the old RRS People who might be able to come?

P.S. Welcome to the group xavierrr01! Enthusiam is always a good thing, although I think decaf is in order, lol. [face_coffee]
  17. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Any agendas for the Meeting & have you heard from any of the old RRS People who might be able to come?

I was thinking along the lines of actually discussing possible ways to keep a solid meeting date. Meaning, set up a date that we meet each month so that we don't waste time in here planning and don't get around to it. I was also thinking of a group name change. This has come up before and the more I thought about it, the better it sounded. And I want to hit on Celebration 3 and advertising. If anyone else has something to add to the list, please let me know.

As for rounding up old memebers - it's proving to be difficult. One has moved off to the navy and another I spoke to refuses to attend meetings. *shrugs* I need to get in contact with others and get back to you.
  18. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    It seems that keeping track of members is something we all have trouble with from time to time!

BTW, nice new colors, Steph! Congrats on the mod-ship!
  19. xavierrr01 Jedi Padawan

thanks jedisoccerdad oh yeah i think decafes a good idea 2.i look forward to meeting everybody should be fun.i d also like to thank everyone who welcome me .
  20. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Is everything still set for this? I bringing a little something from the Philly Fan Force. ;)
  21. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Lemme try that another way.

Ahem....

<yoda>"Set for this is everything?</yoda>
  22. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, but this week has been proving to be hectic.

With that said, I may not be able to make it Friday. I have some last minute Christmas shopping to take care of on top of playing in a church concert and heading over to my grandmother's for dinner. I should have thought this out before making any real plans. I was just really excited to get a meeting off the ground that I said yes without thinking. If you guys still want to go ahead and have the meeting, go right ahead. :)
  23. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    I think we should just reschedule if you can't make it, Steph. You are the leader of this Phoenix (rising from the ashes) [face_thinking]

Why don?t we set a reschedule of the 8th, first Saturday on the month (after New Years Day, of course). We can try to keep that as a possible Meeting Date on a regular basis (First Saturday of the month). [face_idea]

We could keep it as a Breakfast Meeting, so RL Commitments could still be attended to.

(Of course the fact that we could still have coffee & waffles aid to this suggestion) =P~ [face_coffee]

So, what does everyone think? [face_worried]

Saturday, January 8th @ 8:00 AM @ Denny?s??? [face_dancing]

Rob
    Aka
    ?Pushy Newbee, lol?
    :-B
  24. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    I must say that without Steph being there I am not as interested in attending, and that is probably a good thing as I can use those hours Friday morning to make sure that my daughter's first real Christmas is a memorable one.

I'm not sure about the 8th, though. But then, my attendance is as a friend of RRS, not a member.
  25. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Actually, morning meetings would work best for me. I tend to get scheduled to work for the trashy hours at night anyway. Let me look ahead at the 8th this time before making any committments. ;)

And I'm glad you all understand. I really hate to call it off like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.