main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Holiday Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Stridarious, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] Anyway, What do you normally do on the holidays? :confused:

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    ......Stuff.

3. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I go out to my families houses and spend that holiday with them. But mostly, especially on Easter we stay home.

4. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah for Easter we stay home too. Then we have our tradition of what we do of having boulsh, it's a soup with all sorts of stuff in it, grease from meat, horseradish, I don't exactly know for I don't make it. lol My other family members joke about it and call it grease soup when it's not. lol Then we have kabasi and eggs in it you add with cheese danishes, lamb butter, that they have for Easter every year in grocery stores and all. Then babka, a holiday bread for Easter which my mom makes the best! And so much more food with ham, etc. It's a big breakfast and fun. :D

5. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *drools*Yummy food! I don't eat too much, but i'm drooling. Lol

6. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh Mertroid, that sounds like so much fun. I love time together with familes, espcially around Christmas. We just get all crazy, lol [face_laugh] 8-}

7. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I hate family......I hate almost EVERYTHING!!!!!! That isn't bad is it?

8. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Possibly... [face_laugh] Why wouldn't you like to spend time with your family on the holidays Darth_Elu? :confused:

9. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    ......reasons. Lol [face_laugh]

10. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    it can't be that bad, but perhaps I can relate, [face_laugh] I mean sometimes my family can be too crazy, [face_laugh]

11. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh it is fun Alex! I have a blast around the holidays! And there is no such thing as too crazy! lol At the family reunions oh it's nuts. I don't think many of you would be able to handle it but maybe Elu and Alex. lol We do so many things and you almost die from laughing so hard! I love the family reunions! We play football and other games with water balloons and too much! You name it we do it! Paintballing, etc! :D
    Oh I just love my family and you could tell what family I was from for we're all CRAZY! :D

12. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    yeah same with my family. Usally we go to parks for our family reunions. :)

13. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I'm a loner in my family...Lol [face_laugh] I'm the only Really crazy one! I feel so alone! We don't have family reunions either. [face_plain] My family sucks.

14. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    When my family gets together every summer, you better watch out for we get quite loud and crazy 8-} [face_laugh] we like Mertroid's family, play games. Mostly, we have fellowshipand a BBQ.

15. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah same here. We'll go to parks and have a BBQ. I love it and it's great! Oh I want to go to your family reunion then Alex! Every other year we have one. But now people want to have it every year but that isn't happening for not everybody wants to go all the time. But I can't wait for one will happen this year! :D

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Sure Mertroid, come on down...we are always happy to have guests. Plus, whenever I go I hardly have anyone I like to talk with except for the older adults, for they seem to get along better with me. [face_laugh]

17. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Lol. [face_laugh]
    That is so weird. I mean I get along with my aunts and uncles well too but I still hang out with my cousin's more. If not then I'm hanging with my aunt's and uncle's. :D
    Yeah I'll come down! :D

18. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] the werid thing is I seem to get along eter with adults then people my own age. Just say I had a few bad experiences once or twice.

19. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah I get along with older people too. :)
    But oh well. :D

20. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes, another favorite holida of mieis the 4th of July. I love to sit in my backyard and watch the FireWorks go off.

21. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    You can actually see Fire Works from the back of your house?

22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Thats cool Alex. Where i live, fireworks aren't allowed. :mad: Oh well, we just go to the other side of town and then we can see them. Lol [face_laugh] My family is still boring overall.

23. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes, Jedi_Daniel, I can see the fireworks over the tree tops at my house. They fire them high enough that many times we do not need to leave the house which is nice. But many times my parents love to see them up close. Just not right where they fire them, for we do not want to get stuck in traffic, 8-} [face_laugh]

24. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Here you need a license for fireworks and all, but uh every year around the 4th of July there's fireworks that this one college does and you can watch them from the lake but watching them at the college grounds you get an even better view and last year we were right up close there. It was awesome and it's fun sitting there on blankets and having snacks and then watching them go off! It's a BLAST! Literally. PARTY! :D
    [face_laugh]

25. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh, by the lake Mertroid? That must be quite a sight :) I mean I wish I could see those fireworks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.