main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Holiday Extravaganza (round robin...JOIN!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Susie, Nov 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    "Sure, you can join us Arra." Kadi smiled at her friend.

She turned to look back at the rest of the gang. "Again, any suggestions?"

2. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
  3. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
    "Suggest what?" Skye asked. "I must have missed something.

4. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    "What we should do for Winter Fest." Kadi explained.

5. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
  6. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Ok, I'm going to try to get this going again.

Kadi sighed, standing up. They were going to stop planning for the day.

Several people had given good suggestions. Some others had volunteered to help decorate the dining hall for a Winter Fest Festival.

All in all, they had gotten alot accomplished in the last few hours. Now, everyone was getting to know each other.

Ok, someone else post!

7. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Skye felt bad about not saying mny things but he was new with the whole get-to-know-you thing. But he was trying. 'Maybe I should try better next time,' he thought sadly.

He peered down at his green hands. He sometime frightened people away by the way he looked. He didn't have many friends, either.

He watched as a group of old friends ran by him, laughing and teasing each other.

Skye shook his head and walked on.
    ------------
    Okay. I'm down with his self-pity post. :)

8. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi looked around the garden. Everyone was scattered around the garden in groups, chatting about this and that.

She was in one of the groups herself, chatting with Arra and trying to get Ash to open up more.

Suddenly she noticed a Padawan just standing forlornly by himself.

Excusing herself from the conversation, she walked over.

"Hi, I'm Kadi." She said cheerfully.

9. Wraith

Wraith Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2000
    Ash thanked Arra and Kadi in mind for talking to him, making him feel a bit like being part of a family of Padawans. Yes, he began to feel happy and not alone any more.

He watched Kadi stepping over to another Padawan standing all alone. He immediately felt that the Padawan meant to be kind of an outsider to the other Padawans because he was of another race. //He feels like I do// Ash thought. //He thinks he has no friends and nobody gonna like him because he is.... strange to them//.

Ash decided to join Kadi stepping over with her to that guy standing alone there.

"Hi" Ash said. "I'm Ash and this is Kadi. Mind if we want to join you?"

Ash suddenly wondered about what he said. //Did I REALLY say that? Since when am I so bold to talk to a person I don't know?// He looked to Kadi watching him with with eyes wide and open mouth. She was obviously confused about Ash's behaviour.

"No. I don't mind. Nice to meet you Ash." the boy said.

Ash's head shot to him as he recognized the boy was talking to him. In his mind Ash felt Kadi's surprise and also a slight touch of happiness. //You surprise me warming up so fast// her voice called in his mind.

----------

OK? Hope this is getting our green-skinned fellow in to us.

10. Anarra_Jedi

Anarra_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2000
    Okay, Ash squeeked in first, I'll edit...

"Pity we can't have a huge midwinter bonfire feast, like they do on my homeworld," Arra was saying as Kadi bounded off towards the solitary, green-haired padawan, followed by Ash. She blinked in bemusement, then followed.

"Most people call me Arra," the big Jedi added to the introductions, grinning at Kadi's confusion over Ash before she remembered not to. She hoped the mouthful of fangs wouldn't alarm anyone.

11. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Skye smiled brightly. "Hey. I'm Skye. And no; I don't mind." 'It's not like I have people waiting in line,' Skye thought with a grin. "I was about to go eat lunch. Care to join?"

"Sure," Ash told him.

"We'd love to," Kadi said warmly. The four walked towards the cafiteria(sp).
    ---------------
    Hope I don't mess you guys up.

12. Wraith

Nov 14, 2000
    Why do you think you mess us up, JKM? I believe we need such good posts sometimes to continue on writing.

----------

"Hey Arra" Ash said "Won't come with us have something to eat?"

//Sith// Ash thought //It's getting incredibly easy talking to others when you do it more often. I should just try it with the others, too. And if they don't like me, well, I'll just talk to others.//

"Yeah, why not?" Arra returned.

So they went off, Skye in lead followed by Kadi, Ash and Arra.

As they reached the Cantina, Ash took a plate of Dewbackribs and took seat at an empty table, waiting for the other three to come with their meal.

----------

I hope this will get us a bit forward. Hope I did nothing wrong to Arra or Kadi if they wanted to make a diet..... *gg*

13. Anarra_Jedi

Dec 6, 2000
    Fine by me, Wraith. In fact, it gave me an idea...

------

"Thanks for the invitation," Arra said, pleased to be among friendly faces. She took two plates- one of ribs, the other of Nerf steak, ignoring the disapproving exclamation from the serving droid. Then she waited until the others had made their choice before sitting down.

"I wonder if anyone else will join us?" she asked curiously, looking around to see where the other padawans had gone. The big hairy Jedi plucked a rib from her plate, and bit it in two with *crack* that could be heard right across the room. She blinked in surprise as the others stared at her table manners, swallowing the first half of the rib- bone and all. "Something wrong?"

14. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Skye didn't find anything wrong with it so he turned back to his plate. Suddenly his head jerked up. He sat in silence as he heard the flapping of wings. He cocked his head.

"What's-"

"Shh!" Skye cut Arra off. His eyes locked on a bird that had somehow gotten in the Temple. He watched it like a child seeing a bird for the first time. And at the last moment his tongue shot out and wrapped around the bird, sending it back to him. He crunched down on it and went back to his plate, ignoring the stares he was getting from Ash and Kadi.

15. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Its fine with me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kadi stared at Skye in horror.

He had just eaten a bird. An innocent little bird.

She shook off her emotions, looking back down at her plate. Suddenly, she wasn't so hungry.

"Are you alright?" Arra asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

16. Anarra_Jedi

Dec 6, 2000
    Arra's eyes flickered with understanding. "The bird probably had less time to realise what was happening than that dewback," she told Kadi with surprising gentleness. "In fact, it could be argued that to hunt and kill your own food is closer to the will of the Force than to raise animals for meat." She gave Skye a nod of understanding before swallowing the other half of her rib. "Sorry," she added, somewhat sheepishly. "Stop me if I start to sound like one of the Masters."

17. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Skye nodded with a giggle like sound. "I was almost a soul healer. Good thing, eh? I would'a grossed the people out."

"And people get freaked just because I have fangs!" Arra agreed.

"Really?" Skye looked up. "Can I see 'em?"

"Well...." Arra looked at Ash then to a very pale Kadi. "I guess..."

18. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Cal stood talking to Sadie and Ki-an. The Winter Fest group had pretty much broken up. They were going to start their festivites later that month.

Cal looked at her chrono.

"Ughh. Sorry guys but I have to go do my favorite thing. Files. I'll see you later?"

They said their good-byes and Cal left the gardens.

19. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi smiled slightly as Arra glanced at her. "Don't worry, I've seen them before. Besides, I've been up close to animals wwith fangs before. They don't bother me."

20. Anarra_Jedi

Dec 6, 2000
    Arra thought again, and frowned slightly. A Tzinstri raised among her native culture would never fully extend her fangs except in a combat challenge. Of course, nobody here would take it that way, but... she glanced at Kadi, then patted her softly on the shoulder with a very large but surprisingly gentle hand.

"Better not at the meal table," she suggested to Skye. "I think Kadi would prefer a change of subject."

<...and so would I,> she added to herself. early training in the use of her natural weaponry had not been pleasant. It had taken years of Jedi teaching before she had been able to call on the Storm... the Force... without feeling its darker side.

<...but then, maybe a simple demonstration in response to an innocent request would be good practice for me.>

"Perhaps afterwards. Any ideas on what dishes to include for the feast?"

21. Anika Skywalker

Anika Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2000
    ----------
    Jenéa stopped chewing her food when Skye ate the bird and sat starring at him. She felt sick and managed to swallow. She stood up. "Sorry, but I need some air," she said, darting away as fast as she could. Saber followed her.

She went out onto a balcony and leaned over the edge. Saber was at her side. <You OK, Jenéa?>

"Yeah, I just felt a little queazy back there."

Death was hard for her these days. Just a few months ago her Master had been killed in a crash on an unnamed and uncolonized planet. Jenéa met Saber on that planet. She had befriended several of the animals there when she found she had the ability to communicate with him. They had never seen a human before and they were curious. When she was rescued, two of them were killed. They had misunderstood the rescue and tried to protect her. Death, of anything, scared her.

A small bird, similar to the one that Skye had eaten, perched on the balcony and began to sing. Saber watched it with little interest. Jenéa complemented the bird on its song. The little creature cocked its head before hopping onto Jenéa's finger and singing as loud as it could. Jenéa smiled and let the bird fly away.

She turned back to Saber. "I'm feeling a little bit better now. I won't be eating anything for a while, though."

<Can I have your food?> Saber asked hopefully.

Jenéa smiled. "Sure."
    ----------

22. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi was still a little shocked from seeing the bird eaten. Saying she'd meet them in the gardens once they were finished, she began to walk out of the dining hall. Suddenly, she spotted Jenea.

"Hi Jennie." She said, walking out to join her. "You saw it too?"

"Oh yeah." Jenea replied, shivering slightly.

"I now remember why I've been considering becoming a vegeterian."

23. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Cal groaned as she looked at the large pile of files in front of her.

Suddenly her stomache rumbled and she realized how hungry she was.

Her master wouldn't mind if she left for a little while. Hopefully.

Cal put the file she was holding away and then headed for the dining hall.

24. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    <Sorry i haven't written in a while...school's been CrAzY!!!>

P'ilk had just been outside his quater's door when he spotted Cal walking towards the dining hall. Already smelling his Master's "dinner" he decided to join her.

"Hey, Calayka!" The girl turned around and stopped for the young boy. "I'm P'ilk. I don't know if you remember me or not from earlier today..."

Cal smiled. "Yeah, I sort of do. It's Cal by the way." She looked at the young boy. "So, were you here at Halloween?"

P'ilk sighed. "Yes, I was. Well for the part that I wasn't being kidnapped in." Cal raised an eyebrow. "Don't ask."

The two Padawans entered the dinning hall and instantly spotted a pale, sickly looking Kadi with Jenéa, Saber, Skye, and Arra. The two headed over to join the group.

P'ilk bent over and petted Saber. "Why, who's the cutest kitty?"

<I'm gonna eat him!>
    <Don't you dare, Saber!>
    <But he called me....kitty. I _hate_ being called kitty>
    <Relax, it won't happen again>
    The cat let off a growl and P'ilk slowly backed away.
    <You better believe it won't happen again.>

Saber began to purr contently as P'ilk moved next to Kadi...away from the tiger.

25. Wraith

Nov 14, 2000
    Ash continued chewing his ribs until Kadi was some distance away from the table.

"Nice show Skye" he said. "I think it was kinda hard to Kadi seeing it. Maybe she now wants to become a Vegetarian...."

"Yeah, maybe." Skye replied. "I just can't control myself when I see a *fresh* dinner around."

"As I said, hunting meal yourself is closer to the force than growing it up in big factories or farms" Arra added.

"Right" Ash said. "In my training period with Ex... with my former master I always used my knowledge of the force to sneaking around in the woods, nearing to animals and sometimes hunting my dinner. In fact I don't like to kill any lifeform if I am not threatened by it. I just like to shuffle around in woods sneaking around with the wild creatures. It's my form of Relaxation."

"You got point" both Arra and Skye answered.

They finished their meal and took the plates back to the kitchen chief. Then they slowly headed off back to the gardens talking, giggling and laughing all the way.

----------

Oh, btw is my used word "Relaxation" correct or false???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.