main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Holiday Fondue Party Dec 7th

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JawaJaka, Sep 23, 2013.

1. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    CANCELLED!! Due to unforseen circumstances at work and a sick kitty I'm cancelling this event. Please see the last post.

Star Wars Holiday Fondue Party
    Saturday Dec 7th
    6:00pm
    my place in South Aurora
    2624 S. Carson Way, Aurora

Why Dec 7th? Two reasons: I have that Saturday off and I've already been invited to three holiday parties on the 14th, and I want to honor the troops who served in WWII (my dad had two uncles perish at Pearl Harbor, so It's always been a big deal in our family).

Who’s all invited? I'm inviting the garrison, the base, the RMFF, and the Umbrella Corp Denver. Any potential and new members are most certainly welcome to join in the festivities. This will be a lovely way in a holiday atmosphere to get to know your fellow troopers and other Star Wars groups in the area.

What can I bring? Please bring anything you want for the fondue pots. I have four chocolate/cheese ceramic pots and one 1970's metal meat pot that still works beautifully. I have plenty of sterno for the pots. I will also be setting up the chocolate fountain. If you have a fondue pot and forks you want to bring we'll make room for it.

Do I bring armor/costumes? You can, but this is a casual non-costumed, non-official event. However, members always like to see what others are building. I would suggest wearing your favorite "dribble" t-shirt for all that fun fondue stuff.

Please, because of so much stuff in my house already I do not need hostess gifts (just food for all to share). I might put out a box of stuff for guests to take home, though. If you have an urge to thank me in kindness, please donate to Red Cross for the flood victims, Make-A-Wish, or Wounded Warriors Project (or all three if you’re in the giving mood).

There are quite a few websites with fondue recipes, but if you're looking for a particular one, I do have an old fondue recipe book (came with the meat pot). Let me know what recipe you're looking for and I'll try to find it for you.

RSVP here or pm me please.

2. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I would love to join in on the fun, on my calender!

3. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    I've posted my address in the first post. PM me if you need directions.
    We'll need stuff for the chocolate fountain, 2 cheese pots, and two meat pots.
    More pots are welcome.
    Game consoles welcome if you want to hook it up downstairs.
    DVD's/Blurays welcome if you want to watch movies.
    Games welcome if we just want to have fun.
    Children welcome, but house is not really kid proof.
    Let's get a list going of who's bringing what.

Lynelle = pots, place, and stuff for chocolate fountain (and a meat fondue of somesort)

4. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    We are unable to attend unfortunately. We are volunteering at a craft show/concert during this time.

5. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Due to unforseen circumstances I am cancelling this event. I'll be working while others go to a memorial service for one of our co-workers. I also have a sick kitty that needs taking care of, and I'm still coughing (when does this darn cold go away? enough already!). Let's plan for something nice next year, or maybe a nice after-Christmas party (while my tree is still up). We could do something in January instead as a nice R&R party.