main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Holiday Get Together

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by WeyrleaderZor, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    Hello everyone!

Everyone in the group is invited to come out to our house for a holiday-season get together for some good fun and camaraderie on Saturday December 15th at 4:00pm.

We have moved since last year and the new house in near Willow Beach Park in North Little Rock (we're in the Scott area, but within city limits). We'll post directions to the house at a later time, when I have more time to post.

Hope everyone can make it and we have as much fun as we did last year!

2. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    As far as we know, we can make it. :)

3. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    That may be the weekend we are going to Memphis to the zoo and christmas lighting. If not we shoul be able to make it. If we can we could meet people somwhere and they could follow us out there since we know where it is. Ill get with Julia and see what date they chose to go.

4. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey... Should be able to make it without a problem...

You going to post directions? Or did you already say that somewhere and I didn't catch it?

Do we need to bring anything?

5. nlrtrooper

nlrtrooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2006
    We will post directions as it gets a little closer.
    Food is always welcome. How about we do finger/snack foods. I will be happy to provide some cheese dip and salsa.

NLR Trooper

6. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    We should be able to make it, just may be a little late because I have to work every Saturday in Dec. until Christmas (except the 2nd). We are going to the Memphis Zoo on Sunday the 16th.

ShadowScout out

7. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    As of right now, we are planning on coming, but i don't know if that will be 2 or 3 or 5 of us.

8. WeyrleaderZor

Sep 10, 2006
    Ok, those driving directions... I am going to assume that everyone can manage to get themselves to I-440 (it isn't too hard to find as it runs into all of the following at some point: I-40, US-67/167 (as AR-440 at that end), and I-30.

Take Exit 7 (Scott/England) and turn right onto HWY 165 (You're only about 5.5 miles from the house).

Depending on where you're coming from this will be the very first exit after crossing the Arkansas River (coming from the I-30/Airport/Little Rock side) or the very last exit before you cross the river (when coming from I-40/US-67/167/NLR/Sherwood/Jacksonville/Etc)

Follow the signs for "Willow Beach Park" and you'll be led almost directly to us. Basically go straight for 3 miles and just after you pass the first Willow Beach neighborhood entrance and the curve in the road in front of the pentecostal church you'll see a road that "Y" splits off to the right into the back side of the Willow Beach neighborhood (and goes on to a small boat ramp into the lake itself).

This is Colonel Maynard Road and this is your turn.
    Go straight on this road for another 2.5 miles.

You'll see a sign for Willow Beach park (don't turn right here), go past it and look on your left.
    That new development is our neighborhood. Skip the first entrance and come to the second one just a second or two further down the road. This will be Smarty Jones Drive and this is our street.

There's only one house on this end of our street - ours! :)

For those that want something visual here's a link to a map of the area. The blue line is the route you'll take to get to the house from I-440.

9. nlrtrooper

nlrtrooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2006
    I will be making cheese dip and will provide all the plates, silverware, etc..If someone could bring chips, drinks, and other snacks that would be wonderful. See you all then.

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I can bring Chips (I'll try and bring Frito scoopies and tortilla chips) and a 2 liter drink.

Anything else... let me know.

nlrtrooper: Sorry I haven't gotten back with you on shirts. Radiation is slowing me down
    more than I thought it would. If you can just have the info for everyone to look over that would
    be great.

11. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    Henry said he is making a chocolate marble cheesecake.
    We will be there as soon as I can get off work and get home to pick up my guys, probably around 6pm.

12. WeyrleaderZor

Sep 10, 2006
    Thanks to everyone who came out and helped create a very entertaining evening. We had a blast! To those that couldn't make it, we missed you and hope to see you at future gatherings. Merry Christmas everyone!

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    It was a great time!

Thanks for hosting.

Merry Christmas to you guys too....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.