main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Holiday Parade this Saturday 11/22

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Check me out and the rest of the 501st gang on TV for the Raleigh Holiday parade.

2. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Hey Don will you tape it for me please?

3. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Hey Don,

I'll see you at the Parade. I'll be one of the Royal Guards.

Kevin

4. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Heya Don and Kevin,

I'll see ya both there. I might be marching as an Imperial Prisoner or as my Royal Guard.

However, I don't know where to meet do you think one of you could send me directions? Or could we leave my Car at one place and carpool over to the Parade?

Yours Truly,

UD

5. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I beleive we are suppose to meet at 9am or before on Saint Mary's St. in-between Hillboro and Jones. I talked to Parade people earlier yesterday. If you need more directions, you can put the intersection of Saint Mary's and Hillsborro St into MapQuest. The Parade info number is (919)420-0120. Hope this helps.

I will most likely come up early Sat morning, but maybe able to meet ya'll at IHOP on Hillsborro if someone could give me a ride to the parade. (My wife and son will have to drop me off) That way, when the parade is over, someone could drop me off there and my wife will know where to pick me up. How does 8:15ish sound to you?

Jedi_Master_Kel

6. Geniepants

Geniepants Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2003
    Jane and Don, a lot of the 501st is meeting at Sean's and carpooling. Feel free to meet us there around 8 AM.

7. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    That would be better Chris. I definately need to carpool with someone over seeing that I don't know my way around Raleigh. Think blind Royal Guard without a clue here.

However, I'm having problems trying to find a place to stay overnight on Friday. Natalie's going out of town. If I can't find a place to stay at overnight then I won't be able to come.

It'd just be myself only and I'd leave after the Parade and come back down to Morehead that Afternoon or I might go Christmas shopping in Crab Tree Valley Mall before heading back to Morehead.

-UD

:)

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Where is Sean's?

9. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Sean's address is 3419 Lewis Farm Rd Raleigh, NC 27607 (919-783-0369. I put it in MapQuest. It is inside the beltline between Lake Boone Trl and Wade Ave, off of Ridge Rd.

JMK

10. Geniepants

Jan 7, 2003
    See you guys and gals there tommorrow!

11. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Hey, I got up just in time to catch the parade on TV. Don got on TV mostly, waving and everything. :)

12. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, you could see Don pretty clearly. I only saw one Royal Guard, so I guess that was Kevin. It went really quickly and unfortunately, WRAL decided to throw up a board promoting something during the 501st's slot, so it was hard to see everyone.

13. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    What fun! I had so much fun that it I'm still smiling. I loved it and I'm looking forward to Next Years. I marched as the single Solitary Rebel!

Don, Kevin, Sean and Chris two words "You Rock!!!"

Thanks for a great time.

See ya at the next event!

-UD

14. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yup OMG what a great time I had! that was me waving and Geniepants had the honor of carring the flag. What an awesome time! I even saw (the back of the head of) Clay Aiken while he was chatting with the WRAL hosts.

Pauli said she saw Clay too, on his float as grand marshal, and his dog Raleigh would pop up out of the big cookie box and give him lots of doggie smooches.

Did you see that AT dunebuggy tricked out with the Imperial symbols? It was the highlight of the trooping, baby.

A fine day for the Empire, t'was!

We rocked! Can't wait to do it again next year.

15. Geniepants

Jan 7, 2003
    Yup, was a lot of fun. Bearing the new Carolina Garrisaon battle standard was pretty cool. Hopefully someone got a picture of it. See ya guys later!

16. Geniepants

Jan 7, 2003
    Photos are up at www.501stcarolina.com just click on PHOTOS and choose Raleigh Holiday Parade 03.

17. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Awesome pictures on the 501stCarolina website. I think it's #50, but that is me in the Royal Guard, shaking my son's hand. No one knew that that was my son. I will cherish the picture for as long as I hold breath in my lungs.

Kevin

18. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Great photos guys. You all looked cool.

19. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Those pictures were great! Kevin, that one of you and your son was marvelous!! Wish I could have been there with you guys (maybe even marching too). I'm super jealous!

20. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I agree. Kevin you rocked as a Royal Guard. Don and Chris you stole the show with your Crewers.

I think my favorite picture out of all of them is the one with Kevin and his Son. That was very touching.

-UD :)

aka Rebel without a Cause
    or is that with a Cause

21. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Holiday Parade will be rebroadcast on cable channel 24 3 more times in December. Check it out here: Holiday Parade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.