main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Holiday Party: Dec. 19, 8pm. Details within... :-)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Hey everyone!

Someone said the magic words.... Pizza and chocolate! :D

I don't know my schedule for the second half of the month yet. I'll have to see if I can get the 19th off to attend. Only sticking point may be time I requested off earlier in the week for opening day of ROTK! :cool:

Expect me when you see me. ;)

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks for the recipe!! Ken made hot spiced cider last night - really yummy. We can get a vat of that going for the party too.

3. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    ooh sounds yummy! :)

4. PadawanRoo

PadawanRoo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2003
    hmm... I can bring pringles?

or that tasty cookiedough stuff that comes already prepared in long sticks with little trees already imprinted on them. good stuff.

Also, directions? Is it in any way Metro Accessible?

5. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    For directions, people should PM me and tell me where you're coming from (geographically, not emotionally). It's kind of metro accessible though not walking distance like my old place - I think for the metro riders, we'll set up a time to meet at Pentagon City (blue and yellow lines) and do a pick-up.

6. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    MMMM it all sounds yummy good! I cannot wait.

7. MasterWilkin

MasterWilkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2002
    Hey everyone! I'm not sure if Drew will be there or not, he might have to work. I will be there! :)

For food, I can bring just about anything, but my specialty is Slovakian nut rolls. They are pronounced ko-lach-ee and are oooh soooo goood... My Dad lives on them from Thanksgiving to New Years. The recipe is his grandmother's from "the old country."

Oh and I'll stop by Total Beverage and get some mead too. Chaucers comes with a little package of mulling spices, perhaps we could do that?

See you on the 19th!

Christa

8. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I've been lurking lately, but I'm game!

What shall I bring? Pizza & barbecue covers the main courses, lots of desserts, beverages are covered...

Do we need a side dish? Veggie platter? Or do y'all think I should ditch "healthy" and contribute something with no redeeming nutritional value whatsoever? Fritos? Popcorn? Cookies?

9. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Hm... When I get a chance later on, I'll go over what we've got coming for eats and then I'll make a few suggestions.

But now, alas, I must work. Bah.

10. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    First, rides - who needs picking up at the metro? My suggestion is that all the metro riders get to the Pentagon City Metro at shortly before 8 and Ken or I will come get you. Probably Ken. Let's met on the Borders side (across the street from the big mall), just around the corner a bit out of the way of buses. Just let me know who you are and if we'll need more than one car for picking up.

Ok, here's the list of food that I have:

The GS - sodas
    malkie - marshmellows
    Christa - nut rolls, mead (mulled?)
    Sharon - dip and doritoes, veggies
    Roger - BBQ
    Mutt - kickin' cheesecake
    Valerie and T - cheese & crackers, dessert of some kind
    Eugenia and Ken - hot appetizers, and hot cider and plates, cups, etc
    PadawanRoo - cookies!
    AT-AT Commander - chips (not nasty chips though - sorry, too much LOTR)
    SB - candy

We'll order some pizzas too.

We could probably use some more chip-like things, maybe some fruit (I have a fondue pot if anyone is really clever and knows how to make chocolate fondue...) And holiday cookies are always good!

If anyone has fun SW things, like the holiday special, or any other stuff like that, bring it!

That's my ideas for now - please feel free to PM me for directions, questions, comments - I'll be checking today and tomorrow!

11. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I'll bring candy. Unless we need something different, of course. I'm half asleep. I'll bring chips and dip.

12. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I'll bring some chips. if you need anything else just holler. sorry i haven't been posting lately, been busy.

13. PadawanRoo

PadawanRoo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2003
    eight o'clock, pentagon city. Ok.

Hm... holiday specials... I've got Firefly on dvd, but that doesn't really count. And I'm still at a loss as to what to bring. Cookies good with everyone? I buy a mean oreo.

14. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey Guys!

I've just started reading the postings about this Xmas party (I don't seem to get to forum that often anymore)and was wondering if I could get a few more details. I'm working on a show and we have a performance on the 19th, but we get out around 10:15. If it would be ok, maybe I could drop by after the show. If you could pass on directions, I'd appreciate it! And I'd be happy to bring a dish or two or drinks. Whatever might be needed.

If I'm not able to make it, I hope you guys have a blast!

VK

15. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Hey Bruce! I'm not sure how late we'll be going. Probably past 10:30, but I can't say how far past it. That would be up to our hosts. :)

Anyone have soda preferences before I go to the store today?

16. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    Sprite or Sierra Mist. I don't need to be up all night :)

17. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, thanks to the evil minds I was surrounded by all weekend and especially on Tuesday, there will be a new tradtion born at the party. Heh. I can't imagine the party will go until, say, 3 am, but you never know. Give us a call and we'll let you know if it's still going strong - that's my advice. I'll PM the phone number.

18. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    If I can make it by, I'll certainly drop you all a line. I'll keep an eye open for your phone number Eugenia.
    Thanks!
    Bruce

19. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    In light of how many plan to attend and the size of the roast I bought, one other person bringing meat might not be a bad idea. Just a suggestion.

20. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, so long as I get BBQ...... We'll also get pizza, so we'll probably be ok. But if people want to bring other entree type things, I bet they'll get eaten!

21. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, I'll see about something healthy; fruit or a salad or something? So many of my friends are doing Atkins, South Beach, etc., I just never know anymore what to bring to pot lucks. Me, I was into Weight Watchers, but holidays are holidays and must, of necessity, involve Chocolate.

I think it's in the preamble to the constitution...

22. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I've got the chocolate! I'm bringing three kinds! hope you all like it! :)

23. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Somebody please pick up a 12 pack of hamburger buns. My BBQ isn't entirely finished and I need to do some more work on it. I'll be pushing it to get there by 8:00 even without having to wait in a line at the grocery store so if any someone, anyone could pick up some buns that would be helpful.

24. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm off to Costco this afternoon (leaving work at 2) so I'll get buns. Roger, if you need/want to come by early to finish stuff, we'll be there - call Ken at home.

Fruit salad sounds great! Screw funny diets! I find it hard to believe that a diet that means you can't eat fruits and veggies is good for you in the long run.

25. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Ok, I'm takikng the afternoon off - but I'll check back on these boards around 5 and 7 pm for any last minute instructions for metro riders. Right now I only know of one person to look for. We'll be at Pentagon City (probably Ken) at a bit before 8 pm in our little red car.

See you guys tonite!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.