main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Holiday Party/Meeting Dec 13th 3PM @ Sith Central

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SITH__CHICK, Dec 2, 2014.

1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Not sure if we will have a theme but we will have a potluck, so throw out ideas.
    Let's start around 3, this meeting usually go into the evening hours.

We will have a white bantha gift exchange, for people that haven't done this before the limit is $15 and most are not gag gifts, but there are always a few zingers.

We will do paper election for people that haven't sent their vote off to Ben by then.

Give a shout out if you need an address, most people have it so just post "need address" or something and there should be several people that could shoot you off a PM.

Can't wait, hope to see you all there.

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Since Ben aka Grimby is on hiatus from the boards, you can send your votes to me.

Since there are a couple of people who need to leave by 5:30 or so, can we do the meeting and white bantha earlier rather than later? Perhaps start at like 3:30 or so since those two things will take quite a while?

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    You should be doing it anyway, being the sole RSA and all. I'm just a consultant. ;)

4. darthbane727

darthbane727 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2014
    We need the adress please. :)

5. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    PM sent

darthbane727 likes this.
  6. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    For a theme, I suggest edibles.

7. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Except saying that in Colorado now suggests something entirely different, so... Never mind.

cyodarun, catz44 and DieWompRatDie like this.
  8. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005

Yeah… like Scorpions! [face_laugh]

9. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    We would appreciate this to since we will have to leave around 5ish.

10. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I'm in the same boat, gotta leave at 5:00pm (will probably change into my party dress there). Don't know what I'll bring yet, but it'll be good. Whatever it is I gotta prepare it there since I can't have food sitting in my car during the Golden Parade. Maybe an easy greek salad?

11. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    That's sound great, we can do the gift exchange at 3:30, meeting and then food.

catz44 and DieWompRatDie like this.
  12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    For food let's do something like appetizer type things with some deserts throw in there. It sounds like it will be more of a grazing type thing for at least 1/2 of the group. I have a oven and maybe a free crock pot if needed.

13. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    In that case I'll bring my Christmas Deviled Eggs. And maybe some R2 cookies.

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    We'll bring taquitos, so we'll need the oven for about 12 minutes.

15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    That's fine, oven is yours for 12 mins :p

We just got hummus, celery, carrots and cucumbers as well as smokies in BBQ sauce.

I will have hot and cold tea, coffee and water as well as crystal light flavors but didn't get any sodas or alcohol, not sure how crazy we are going to want to get :D

16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Can you add to your agenda an item about the next RMFF shirt? Our resident art monkey, gra-co_o_hun, gave me the lowdown recently and I wanted to pass that info along.

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

[​IMG]

:confused:

;)

gra-co_o_hun and Obey Wann like this.
  18. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I will be there. Chris will be along later assuming things are still going at 5:30 - 6.

19. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Well, I updated my GPS and lost most of my saved addresses. PM me your address again.

20. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Believe it or not, I will be coming out of the woodwork and will be joining you. And I might even have the family with me.

21. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Great party! It was wonderful to see so many new faces, as well as old friends. Thanks to the Siths for hosting!!!

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Meeting notes:

New officers were officially declared for 2015. They are:
    CR - he-guy aka Dale
    Co-CR/Member-At-Large - zeraduel aka Michael
    Secretarian - thejackal327 aka Jackie
    Treasurer - Nerfherders aka Jason

Non-elected positions/semi-officers include our webmaster Grimby and our co-RSAs Grimby and DieWompRatDie.

I will be putting an application with Denver Comic Con for the RMFF trivia game show panel for the third time and am recruiting volunteers again. If you've volunteered in the past, hopefully you can help out again. If you haven't volunteered and are interested in learning more, please contact me and you can check out the thread here.

gra-co_o_hun aka [face_monkey] aka Cory will be designing a new RMFF shirt in time for Celebration Anaheim. It will be a men's style shirt of a very high quality material. It will be available in only two colors, not black. Artwork will be on the front and back. The anticipated time frame is for the artwork and ordering procedures to be posted on the boards at the beginning of March. We'll place orders for a couple of weeks and then those going to Celebration will be able to pick up their shirts at the con and we'll bring back the shirts for those not attending.

The next meeting is anticipated to be at Wings Over the Rockies museum on January 17 at 4 PM with a movie in the Harrison Ford theater following. he-guy is working on that and will post further details. The backup meeting location is Village Inn @ 2:00 pm.

No group photo was taken. No treasury report was given. Many gifts were opened and stolen.

23. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Nobody asked for the treasury report. :p