main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Holiday Party

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Leia1138, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    We discussed having the holiday party on Dec. 12th as we've traditionally had it on the 2nd Saturday. I just saw that there's another Sacramento area holiday party on that same evening.

2. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    Well then we either have it on the 13th (a sunday), or we have it on the 19th. We will have to decide rather soon so we can make preparations. Also if enough people still want to have it on the 12th we can do that too.

Post your opinions in this thread.

3. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I vote for the 12th!

~DZ

4. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    It would be nice to just stick to scheduling, but I've no personal reason to vote for any of the choices so the people who're going to be affected should hash this out. Personally, I wasn't aware of another competing Sacramento-area holiday party so this is a non-issue to me. Right now the boss has the request book hidden away and is putting a choke hold on matters of time-off, but I'll see what I can do once we nail the date. Sooner we do, sooner I can ask.

-TJ

5. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Chris/Tara, I'm up for anything(it's ur place). We could go back & forth btwn parties or if we move it to the Sunday after, we might just crash at yours 4 the nite. We could do just our thing also. Did you guys kinda want to go?
    We should also see who all is coming to the party, since most of us have duel citizenship w/ RS, and go from there.

just some ideas to throw out there.

Vos

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    The party I posted on the 12th is for ALL Star Wars groups in NorCal. That includes SFFF, SVRF, Rebel Legion, Golden Gate Garrison, Central California Garrison, and the R2 Builders, and its location is centralized between all the groups. :D

Since I only had a few of your e-mails through RL, I posted the link to the Evite here, for anyone else interested.

http://boards.theforce.net/sacramento_ca/b10140/30538252/p1/?0

Hope to see some of you there!

7. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    I vote for the 19th. I'll be done with my online class by then - I can hardly wait for that!

Thanks for the invitation Matt! I'm not sure if any of us up here will make it since we've got one and possibly two different holiday parties happening in Sac.

8. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh... I thought the party info you posted was in the Bay Area, Matt. Sorry!!! :oops:

-TJ

9. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Well I just checked with my "master", and the 19th would actually work better for us too because she will also be done with her classes at Chico State by then. So I'll be changing my vote to the 19th too for the sake of less stress in our house! ;)

If we want, maybe those of us that aren't going to anywhere on the 12th or have to finish up classes can go to that costume exhibit I posted about? Just an idea.

~DZ

10. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    Kimmie has to work on the 19th till 4ish, but OK to move if needed. Chris/Tara, have you guys decided what to do yet? Haven't seen anyone other than Tina & I on the RS site about their holiday festivities.

Vos

11. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    ummm, any word on what is going on yet???

12. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Rogue leader this Rogue 2, any word on the Holiday Party? Either the 12th, 13th or 19th all work well for me!

~DZ

13. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    Yeah, let us know. I could probably do either date now.

14. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    Let it be known that the holiday party will be on the 19th. So it is written, so let it be done.

We are thinking of starting at 430-5 and running till 10-11, now all we have to do is discuss how we want to outfit this shin-dig, you dig.

It will be held at our new Indoctri-House, so those that need the address send me a PM.

15. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Well...who can make it?? We'll contribute a big fat turkey and everyone can bring some trimmings...

I think we need some games, too. Uh, would that be Bith's job??:confused:

Start posting if you are thinking of coming...Chris and I may need to borrow chairs from our respective (although not respectable) jobs to ensure enough seating.

Should be fun. Lord knows it's cold enough for a holiday get together...

16. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    I plan to be there.

17. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    Us to. I know we all prob have SWTP, we also have SWmonopoly, Sorry & Clue. We also bring some Chica Morada, it's a Peruvian fruit punch, & something else.

18. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Will know tomorrow whether I can attend or not... quite possibly not, since before this week they had me working nights/closing again. Otherwise, I might only show up for the last half of the par-tay.

-TJ

19. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I plan on being there, still trying to figure out if Viki will be joining me, she has an event that night too for the volunteer group that she works with, but she may pass on that. I can bring down our DVD games Scene It and Name That Tune 80's Edition! I'm also down for SWTP too, my family wont play that anymore with me unless I'm severely handicapped!

As for food, I'll make up a batch of Wookiee Cookies from my SW cookbook, they are an official Holiday treat now with mine and my wifes families and I'd be wiling to bring down some Sierra Nevada for those of age in our group! I can also bring some other drinks too, but might be limited on anything that actually needs to be cooked since I'm an hour and half away.

Looking forward to it!
    ~DZ

20. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I should be coming to the party since I got that part of next weekend off, but I've still got to see if some other stuff I'm trying to schedule is going to interfere... Marric or Tara, could one of you PM directions and whoever's running the dues now could you PM me with whatever I owe? I think I need to pay up a couple months (maybe more).

Thanks!

-TJ

21. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    TJ,
    We are reinstating the dues in January. You have the ability to pay for the year in advance with a savings to you but it is not required. :) You are good to go...... see you there.

This is the one party that we have decided to participate in this year.

22. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Hurray! The party is shaping up...

I'll answer back to everyone better tomorrow. I'll fill you all in at the shindig all the goings on in the Doria/Knobbe household...you all know it's never dull. I am really sorry for not posting minutes and better information sooner....I'll make sure that happens this weekend, too.:oops:

23. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Ok, I lied. I'm not writing very much tonight.

Whoever said the holiday season is merry and bright was full of spiked egg nog. [face_frustrated]

24. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Do we have a concrete list of who's bringing what? I was considering drinks and/or lasagna(s) like I did a couple years ago... or I'm open to other suggestions if people have them.

25. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    I can bring an appetizer, maybe like bread and dip like I have before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.