main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Holiday Party

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Leia1138, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Hi all

Unfortunately wont be able to make it. Hope everyone has a good time :)

PS - If its wrapped in tinfoil... Beware

2. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey All,

Mark me down for bringing Wookiee Cookies, chips and salsa and some Sierra Nevada for our of age members! Plus I'm also bringing Scene It and Name That Tune the 80's Edition DVD games!

~DZ

3. Zam13

Zam13 Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2006
    We'll be there. Bringing Margarita Jello Shooters and a pie.

4. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    We will be providing either a turkey or a ham (I need to see if I can find a turkey that isn't frozen solid) plus all the trimmings and a few odds and ends as far as finger foods go (i.e. a cheese and cracker tray and some little pigs in a blanket). We have SOME adult beverages, but not a ton, so if that's a priority, BYOB.

TJ, drinks will be great -- and the lasagna would be great too, if you choose to bring it along.

Tina and everyone else -- appetizers and cookies, pies, etc will round out our bountiful feast nicely.

I hope everyone has our address by now, if not, PM either me or Marric. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. It'll be nice to have friends around. :)

5. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    And I hate you too. ;)

-TJ

6. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Copy that. Do I need to worry about making it vegetarian or not? Also, should I have it cooked before hand or do you guys think you'd have the oven space to do it there? I can do it here, just not sure how long I can keep it warm... shouldn't be too bad, just making sure if I need to cook it first or not though.

-TJ

7. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Nah, I think we are all meat eaters. If not, the vegetarians can eat the cheese and crackers. :D I'd say to heat it up before you come...I'll have space enough to get it back to "hot," I just don't know if I'll have the space to cook it from beginning to end.

8. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Okie doke. Will go lasagna hunting once I wake up the GF and we see Avatar!

Or maybe I'll go get the lasagna now, before she wakes up... should be awhile. I know more then one person who had some insomnia last night!

-TJ:p

9. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    *****************Don't forget our gift exchange!!*******************************

I realized we haven't talked about it...and I don't know if that is because we all just know it, or cause I didn't POST it. [face_whistling]

If you want to take part in the "white elephant" gift exchange, bring a wrapped gift. In the past it has been pretty much Star War themed gifts, but it doesn't HAVE to be. I think we set the amt between $10 and $20. Nothing too extravagant, and nothing from the dollar store.

See everyone around 430-500.

10. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    A big thank you to Chris and Tara for hosting such an awesome holiday party! It was sure fun to be there, eat some delicious food, have some "geeky" discussions, exchange some gifts, play some games and have plenty of laughs too! "Sally Fields", "Chest Beer" and "Top Barrel"!? LOL!!! [face_laugh] For all the Rogues that couldn't make it, we certainly missed you all, and hopefully we will see you all in the new year. Happy Holidays to everyone and have a safe and Happy New Year!

~DZ

11. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    We were sorry to miss everyone and all of the fun at the party. It is just hard to be in the party mood right now as we are struggling with memories and our first christmas without Marcus. Big thanks to everyone that has sent such wonderful thoughts and prayers our way. They do help.

We hope each and everyone of you has a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year. You will be in our thoughts during these times. May Santa fill each of your stockings with great SW items. :)

12. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I apologise greatly for not making it to the party. It sounds like you all had a great time and I'm so glad that it went by well.

I was really loaded with things to do over the weekend since I will be going out of town for the Christmas holiday to spend it with the family in Fresno. But I'll definitely see everyone in the New Year and so will my cousin!

I wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season and a wonderful New Year! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.