main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Holiday plans, visiting....Skellig

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by arjank, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015

Understood, here in the Netherlands we have lots of rain too :)

If the scene's on Skellig are pivotal that island will become a place of pilgrimage for SW fanatics ^:)^

2. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    All are welcome [:D] ... but not all at once [face_worried]

:p

Be encouraged to visit it by the movie, but actual visit just because it it is nice ;)

I don't know about the "pilgrimage" bit - did that happen in other places? I know the "Lars homestead" is popular but I thought it wasn't a major tourist attraction.

3. arjank

Feb 17, 2015

What I've seen on pictures, Skellig looks incredible, a very unique place.

We will see how crowded Skellig will be in 2016 :cool:

4. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    I've been to Tunisia a few years ago now, to Matmata where the Homstead was shot and out into the Sahara where at the time there was an abandoned Mos Espa set. It was a bit surreal really. But something I'm pleased I did. At least now I can say I had a wee in Luke Skywalkers house! :)

nightangel and arjank like this.
  5. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    It won't be crowded. Not ever. ;)

It is a protected area - mainly due to the birdlife. There is a limit to the number of people per groups and groups per day (as in guided tours). :)

I'm curious to see how it will look in the film. I'd be willing to wager that it won't be an island in the movie, but a coastal area - unless Luke owns a boat. which would be cool if the mandatory chase sequence was in boats or boats vs. starfighters, etc. [face_praying]

6. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

It was actually in that first piece of concept art we got a glimpse of in the pic with JJ, Kennedy and the Production Designer. The one with the falcon flying overhead. It looked to still be an Island but much closer to the coast.

7. arjank

Feb 17, 2015

Yes, I read about the birdlife, there was even some talk about how the shooting of the film may have/has impacted the birds living/breeding area....

8. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

No, that was all just one guy getting up on his high horse for a bit of attention. We knew someone would.

Abrams and his crew couldn't have been more respectful or careful is what I heard from people who actually know ;)

9. arjank

Feb 17, 2015

Great, I didn't expect anything else :)

Hoggsquattle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.