main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Holiday Special Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by utinnigirl, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    The Holiday Special party will be held at Joe's and Tracey's this year on December 15th....I will have more detaills to follow in a few days :)

EDIT: Changed the name of the party per CR request :)

2. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Man, thats gonna be fantastic! Guided tours of the mansion and its surrounding grounds! I dont think I can make it though as my Marine cousin has decided to get married that day and then ships to Okinawa the next day. Since my girls are in the wedding, I'm sure it will be an all day affair with the raucous reception expected afterwards. And to think, I wanted to spike the punch!

3. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    You try to gain sympathy with us by saying "Marine" cousin...it's going to work! You are not excused!

The party is going to be Special! Yay!

4. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    ..insert Yoda voice...

MMmm. Details, yes. Needed they are!

..remove Yoda voice...

I'm interested indeed! Any chance to get my "party on" with Joe!
    The 15th is planning on being a really busy weekend, but I'm hoping to make it!

5. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    I suggested the night of the 14th, but no one cared what I had to say... Having a CR as a wife doesn't do me much good in these cases... :(

6. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    My house? What the heck? Who's idea was this??

7. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Ok, Joe, on which side of town do you live?

Scott, you going?

8. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Ok, here are my initial thoughts...

I am down in Chesterfield, not far from woodlake.

Party will go from 4pm to 9pm. This should give those doing events that day time to get home and get ready.

Kids are welcome, parents need to let them know the basic common sense rules (no playing/pushing/running on the hard wooden stairs, no destroying the star wars toys, no flying projectiles in the playroom that will break the TV, etc.)

We will supply a Wii (3 controllers) and a PS2. If someone wants to bring their Wii and controllers we can have multiple bowling matches going on. I only have Wii Sports and Play, so if anyone has any other good party games, feel free to bring them. Perhaps we can even get the kids to give the games up for a few and let the adults play...

Star Wars will be playing on the plasma. Someone please bring the Holiday Special DVD.

Tracey and I will supply all desserts and soft drinks.

Everyone who comes will bring an appetizer/meal item. Please post what you will bring so we don't get 12 green bean casseroles.

If you want to bring alchohol for yourself, thats fine as long as you are of legal age, and you have a designated driver, and you monitor your stash so no one underage gets any. If you are drunk and stupid, James will make you leave (he is my enforcer).

People will have to park on the lawn, so if it is rainy or wet, please bring a change of shoes for you and your kids for inside, as it gets really muddy with that sticky clay out there on the lawn since it was all dug up. Otherwise, at least wash your feet before coming so they don't smell too bad.

Address and phone number will be sent to those who PM.

Luke/Paul, will you be doing a game this year?

9. RED5IVE

RED5IVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2007
    Steve, I'm there. We will have to hook up and ride down together. Talk to Marcous about going. He needs to meet everyone. He would have a great time.

10. utinnigirl

Jan 5, 2007
    I guess we should start posting what we plan on bringing so we don't all bring the same thing :

Joe and Tracey- all desserts and sodas

Tony and Aimee- veggie. medley

11. RED5IVE

RED5IVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2007
    I'll bring Chicken [face_chicken] Tetrazzini and homemade bread.mmmmmmm

12. CueTheMassacre

CueTheMassacre Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2007
    Good grief Aimee, everyone knows it's a "melody". GOSH =)

13. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    [face_laugh]

I'm gonna bring a gallon of Nacho cheese and some chips!!!! ....really I am (no sarcasm)

14. CueTheMassacre

CueTheMassacre Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2007
    Dibs on the nacho cheese......touch it and feel a wrath unlike any other!

Isn't that cheese from the fourth of July last year??? or did we throw that away?

15. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    I am sorry to say :( that Randy and I will not be able to make it. we already have a prior engagement for my company on that night.
    I was really looking forward to coming and then the company said..."hey our office christmas dinner is going to be on the 15th, and oh BTW were having Filet Mignon"[face_hypnotized]
    Couldnt pass that up....
    talk to you all on Sat at the parade

16. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    What if someone brings Filet Mignon to our "We can't call it a celebration of Christmas" party? Yeah, I went there. :p

I'm in, but I don't know what I'll bring yet. It'll have to be something that can be kept at room temp since we'll be driving for a while.

Scott, I emailed Marcous this morning. I'll let you know what he says.

17. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Dude, I will bring Filet (one for you and one for Randy) to our Holiday Special Party (it even has a PC name, so you can celebrate it too!), you just need to show up!

18. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    I certainly wanna try to make this. Just the talk of it has me excited! I love to eat ya know!

19. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Troy you better be here! You can walk if you wanted to. Just think home made desserts... mmmmm

Tony, I will make sure we have cup-a-cottas just for you if you are ok with having a few.

20. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Love those things!

21. utinnigirl

Jan 5, 2007
    Actually Tony let Joe fool you..I requested cup-a-cottas from Tracey already...and y? That would be b/c I am an awesome wife [face_batting]

22. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Thanks again for the cup-a-cottas, joe! Really means a lot to me! :D

23. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Anything for you bud.

24. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    I wish I could....if it was going on later than 9 I might be able to pop by, but it looks like I will not be in attendance
    I really wish it was the following weekend, but oh well.

25. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Face it Joel, you just hate us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.