main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Holiday Special Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by utinnigirl, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbetteridge

bbetteridge Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2007
    So could somebody post all of the details in one post? i.e. where/when/BYOB?/crash-space-able?

2. GreyPauldron

GreyPauldron Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2007
    Hey, who invited the Tusken? All they do is make odd grunting noises, break things and are basically rude, uncivilized roughnecks!! Probably smell like Bantha poo, too!! :)

3. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Locations don't get posted in public forums. Also, although adults of legal age may certainly imbibe with BYOB, it is not a drinking party but a family dinner party, so crash space is not available. Since everyone is supposed to bring a food item or dish, I guess it is more BYOF than BYOB.

Remember, since there is no street parking and the lawn is mostly bare clay at this point, if it is raining bring an extra pair of shoes for everyone to change into or feel free to go shoeless if you choose. As of right now it looks like it will just be cloudy. No muddy shoes in the house please.

Not sure if I mentioned it before but Tracey will be making a ham to go with the turkey that James and Julie and their clan is bringing.

Ryan, to address your question, we only have GH I and II for the ps2, not GH III.

Don't forget to bring canned goods and other items for the Food Bank donation.

4. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    WTF?!?!?! NO CRASH SPACE?!? BRING EXTRA SHOES?!?

Are we having a party or a frackin' wine tasting?

Dude, come on over it will be fun. Joe's house does look like one of them Better Homes n friggin' Gardens houses though so I normally just make a run for the basement. I'm always afraid I will break something. :D

5. RED5IVE

RED5IVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2007
    Sorry guys. I can't make it down to the party.:_| I have a family obligation that got switched to today. My daughter comes first. Star wars has to come second. I hope everyone has a great time.[face_dancing] Please post some pics. Happy holiday special,Life day and MERRY CHRISTMAS.

6. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    What? Your daughter comes before US??? Sheeesh... figure out your priorities man...

Clarification on James' post, I usually SEND him to the basement AFTER he has broken a few things :p

I'm not normally a no shoes in the house person, but with the work in the front where everyone has to park being mostly bare sticky clay still, we would never be able to get that stuff out of the cream berber carpet. Maybe I can have James be the shoe check person when y'all come in! I'm going to make him say "Welcome to Fanforce International Airport!" to everyone. Bottom line, if your shoes are clean, feel free to wear 'em. Come on down, eat, drink and be Meriwyn... err.. merry.

Oh, James, it obvious you haven't been to a wine tasting, because people there usually get smashed a sip at a time. 8-}

7. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    This is soooo last minute but I'm changing what I'm bringing. I read through the list I figured "Trash Compactor Potatoes" with "Dianoga Gravy" might fit better. Hope that works since everyone is at the Troop...

See everyone in a few hours.

8. Angel_Blue

Angel_Blue Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 4, 2006
    Sorry about the short notice, but I won't be able to make it. Sorry.

9. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    SORRY I COULDNT MAKE IT GUYS. NEXT TIME

10. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Thanks Joe and Tracie! =D= Y'all ROCK!

11. CueTheMassacre

CueTheMassacre Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2007
    I will have to admit, Tracie and I make a mean band on Guitar Hero! Put that TV on a stand so I don't have to *cough* get on my knees */cough* every time I play!

Thanks again guys!

12. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Some photos:

The entrance...
    [image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2191/2115709520_55386e503d.jpg]

Our hostess Tracey and her apprentice Aimee. Always two there are...
    [image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2149/2115709546_94b2ffc1de.jpg]

Cookies for all the kids (Sorry Danny, I ate the ones for yours...)
    [image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2191/2114930143_6e2b9112c9.jpg]

We had lots o'food...
    [image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2001/2115709382_e523ea7e4d.jpg]

Everyone was mesmerized by the Holiday Special...
    [image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2038/2115709158_ce3ff25423.jpg]
    [image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2205/2114930325_ca5df11851.jpg]

James wouldn't play Guitar Hero...
    [image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2291/2114930367_6baee613d3.jpg]

...but Eddie and I became Guitar gods!
    [image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2076/2115709124_d58c5304c5.jpg]

Thats one cute baby! Rachael and Emma look ok also...
    [image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2088/2114930279_3a37cdff46.jpg]

Some guy named Troy came by, but once we realized he was just trying to sell me insurance for my lawn tractor, we kicked him out. It was too late to save the food though...
    [image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2380/2115709486_53638b1569.jpg]

These two met at the party and I think they will have a happy future together. They both seem to have an affinity for large cheesy things covered in meat...
    [image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2033/2115754740_5f3d605a85.jpg]

Tracey and I had a great time, and we hope all of you did also! James, I will be sending you a bill for cleaning the rug of all that mud you dragged in. To be honest though, I'm glad you didn't take your shoes off. Paul, I have more ham left over if you want some more. Aimee, I want that ice cube back. Rachael, hope you didn't gouge out your eyes after seeing Tony and Tracey doing team yoga in the kitchen. I will pay for your therapy to help you through that. Ryan, Tony and Aimee, you stayed so long that I am charging you for your part of the bills this month.

13. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    Ok, now that I have once again burned the Holiday Special video out of my head...

Thank you Tracey and Joe for allowing us the destruction of your home!
    It was a great time, I'm very thankful this holiday season for the friendships that
    have been made. Jean and I had a great time, and wish everyone the best!

Some of my own personal highlights:

Joe's Kielbasa - yep, seen it.
    Tasty, but small...something about not the size that matters...

Guitar Hero - I have no coordination at all.
    Ryan ROCKS!

Troy - You made me feel so underdressed!
    (SHOW OFF)

Great kids!!!
    I was quite impressed with the kids, really! You could hardly tell that
    there were any in the house, very cool indeed!

14. CueTheMassacre

Nov 23, 2007
    *ahem* I would like to thank the academy (and James) for my misspelling of Tracey's name, next time I'll just do the cool thing and say "Joe's wife"; kinda like what I do with Aimee, but that's because she likes it.

15. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    Joe and Tracey thank you for letting us use your house this year. From what I have read everyone seemed to have a great time. I had a wonderful time!!!

16. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    I had a great time last night! Thanks so much to Tracey and Joe for allowing us all over! Since joe said the party was over at 9:00PM - we decided to say until 2:30am just to push the envelope.

I'm glad to see all of those who were able to make it, I have a great time everytime I am with the Richmond FanForce!

You guys are the best!!!

17. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Hey Dude deal with it.:p
    I currently know Tracie, Tracey, and Trayce.[face_hypnotized]

And the part that really kicks my @$$ is that growing up all I knew was Tracy. [face_thinking]

18. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Between my tasty kielbasa and your giant cheese balls, it sure was an interesting dinner...

19. GreyPauldron

Apr 21, 2007
    Thanks Joe & Tracey for being such great hosts!!! Your house is gorgeous!! Not too bad for a couple of Yankees!! I had a great time and, as always, enjoyed the company of much cherished, wonderful friends. Funny how a little old movie has evolved into what we see now in the Fan Force, 501st and Rebel Legion; and the camraderie that has developed as a result.

20. GreyPauldron

Apr 21, 2007
    Hey, what happened to our Tusken friend, bbetteridge? I hope he's not out there on Winterpock still trying to locate Joe's house!

21. CueTheMassacre

Nov 23, 2007
    Joe, I'm only going to say this once, but I think your wife is magical..... after playing with her I decided to play GH3 again and beat two of the four remaining songs on expert! I Wish Aimee had powers like that, I did stuff with her and the only thing I got was a curious rash.....(in lieu of a "All I got was this stupid T-shirt" joke, I couldn't bring myself to do it)

22. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I have to agree with you there Ryan, she is magical.

A little penicillin should knock that rash right out.

Our tusken was sidetracked by his girlfriend, I spoke to him about it at the Disney troop. She had made some alternative arrangements. I did have to check a pile of rags I saw on the side of the road yesterday just to make sure that wasn't him in costume laying in a ditch.

23. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Let it be known openly and loudly proclaimed that I am in love with you all. Joe, thank you and your wife so much for allowing this event to be held within the hallowed halls of your stately home. The mansion carried a special air filled as it was with friendship and laughter. Truly a delight at this time of year. Your Star Wars Tree is exceptional to behold and I would hope all were as excited by it as I was (of course I'm easily excitable). I cant seem to get enough of you (well about an hour is enough)when I'm in my Star Wars vibe. Special thanks to Luke for bringing back the memories and extra special thanks to the rest of you for making this Fanforce one of true friendship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.