Holiday Special poster

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by fistofan1, Dec 4, 2011.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm decorating a new room in my house and would like to hang the black-and-white poster from the Star Wars Holiday Special on one of the walls. There's a picture of the poster I'm looking for here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special

Where can I find it? Is it rare, because it wasn't on Ebay. Thanks in advance for any help! :)
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I took a quick look around via Google. Found quite a few references but nothing for sale. I still think keeping an eye on eBay might be your best bet. If you also post on Rebelscum you could try their classifieds board as well.
  3. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the reply. :) Any idea on what the price range would be? Is this fairly common or is it a rare piece?
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I looked in my most recent collectibles guide and didn't see it listed. I'm wondering if it wasn't part of something like a press kit. You sure it was sold at retail at some point?
  5. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Someone at Rebelscum told me that he is 99% sure I am just talking about a magazine ad. :oops: Thanks for all the help, and sorry for the wild Bantha chase! [face_peace]
  6. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    There's actually a pic of this in the current SW Insider Special Edition in an article about the Holiday Special. It shows the complete page, which also includes an ad for another CBS show airing the same date. Given that, I would guess it might have been in something like TV Guide or the main daily newspapers. Since there was another show pictured as well I would guess it was run by CBS itself as opposed to Lucasfilm.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT