main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Holiday Special

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by tomo123, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Hes not saying they are the same, its just that they both suck!

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    policy reminder - anyone offering links to downloads, or asking how to find or download pirated material will be banned without warning. It's totally unacceptable. Next person to break policy will be banned for at least 24 hours.

Thanks for that link to background on the Holiday Special - some great resources there.

3. spacerocker

spacerocker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    About 30 seconds of the Holiday Special just aired on Late Night with Conan due to Harrison Ford being on the show.

Ford didn't seem to happy about it. ;)

Is it legal to be aired on TV?

4. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    TO air small snippets of it is legal under the "Fair Use" laws. TO air the whole thing of substanial portions of it without permission of Lucas films would be illegal. It's pretty complex, but what O Brien did seems to be well within the fair usage provisions of copyright law.

5. spacerocker

spacerocker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I see. Thanks.

6. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Assuming this is legal, the clip from Late Night. It's hysterical.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xvx2ujk_BQc&search=harrison%20ford

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I VAGUELY remember seeing it when it aired. A freind of mine has a copy he found and he let me borrow it a few weeks ago. Tragic, pure tragic. My kids, who LOVE SW, couldnt even bear but about the first 20 minutes of so. The Fett toon wasn't THAT bad, but still. His copy did have some neat Kenner commercials from the 70's on it. Having said that, I may try and dig a copy up just so I can say I have it.

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I too vaguely remember it, but for some reason I thought it was sort of neat at the time, go figure. Ah, the youth and innocence of yesteryears, what a time to reflect and see the naivete of things that once were in the early days of before.

9. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    My link got removed. :(

10. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Holy toledo. I'm in the process of watching this for the first time.

You don't believe that anything could be as bad as they've said this is. THEN you watch it....

Stir, whip, stir, whip, whip whip stir.

11. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I'm finally taking the plunge. So far, it's just Lumpy grumbling because he has to take out the trash.

Uh, go to YouTube.com Do a search.

Edited because I posted before reading the warning. Now I'm up to that weird part where Itchy and Lumpy (shouldn't it be Scratchy? Hehehe!) are watching those weird acrobats. So far, it's more surreal than bad. I bet it would be fun to watch while under the influence of various illegal substances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.