main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Hollow Men- Collision (A Super Heroic RPG)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Obi-Wan21, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    IC: Man In Black
    New York City, Afternoon

The man laughed mockingly. "Your chief huh?" he followed after Atrix. "You don't understand, I'm not here out of simple curiosity. You survived an explosion, which killed everyone else in the surrounding area," he explained. "And left a pretty bad after-effect."

He cracked his fingers, narrowing his eyes. "I'm not here to clean up after you, but you are quite different."

The sun cast an eerie haze across the man's black clothing. His menacing presence, his walk, he was almost threatening.

"This isn't about what the public is going to hear, let your chief handle that," he said, finishing on a dry, sarcastic note. "You and I need to discuss it nonetheless."

Tag: Pheonix_Rising

2. Nethrin

Nethrin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2006
    IC: Neal Robinson
    Starbucks

"Ah! We have this in Japan! Can we go?"

Neal smiled at her as he walked into the Starbucks. She had made a good choice, he liked the coffee here.

"Sure, I like this place too. Let me buy you your coffee."

Neal waited in line for a few minutes, looking over what they could have to drink. There was quite alot of choices. He ordered a coffee with mint and let Chiaki order what she wanted. He handed the money for the drinks to the young man taking their orders and turned to Chiaki.

"So, what brings you to New York? Tell me about yourself."

TAG: PRFFM

3. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    IC: Atrix Stellreef

"You and I need to discuss it nonetheless."

Atrix almost felt threatened by this mans mere presence, but looked him in the eyes...

"Alright, what do you want to know?" He says to the dark man in a shifty tone.

4. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    New York City, Afternoon

"How did you survive?" the man pressed.

He knew it was impossible for this Atrix to have lived when every other man had died. Atrix either had an ability, or he was very lucky. And the man didn't believe in luck.

"My guess is that you have a little trick you can pull," he stated. "It's the only logical assumption."

The man narrowed his eyes, surviving an explosion could only come with a handful of theories; he was able to absorb blasts of fire, he could create shields, or he could go intangible. Hell, he could do all three, the man told himself. It already had been a crazy couple of days, so who really knew?

5. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005

Atrix looked back at the man, "I don't know...but I DO know that there was a circle of unaffected area around me."

Atrix holstered his gun again, not feeling very threatened.

TAG: Obi-Wan21

6. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    New York City, Afternoon

"Force Fields," the man revealed, a sly grin on his lips. "Curious..."

The man carried a relaxed look, he was right, in one day he had met three exceptional people who abilities. And they could prove useful.

"Does anyone know about this?" he questioned. "Besides your cheif, and the fact you survived, does anyone know about how you lived?"

This Atrix had to be smart enough to know what had saved him, but this man, he obviously knew more about what was happening, devious intentions or not.

7. jedi_killeroak

jedi_killeroak Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    IC:Shane

(2 Weeks earlier)
    The day was going great, trucks of all sizes and loads, started to come to his new base early this morning. Shane had just brought a six bedroom, four bathroom house. The house sat on a 200 acres that sat next to a great lake, in the state of New York. What Shane loved the most was the basement that he had just finally finished three days earlier, and now was putting in the main stuff. Like computers, TVs, and many of things that would help him in getting his crew together. Than working on taking over the world.

The original owner, was standing beside him. She was a tall woman, but Shane did not care, well not for her anyway. Jane had just bought the home and acres two months ago. She even picked out the Glacier White brick, for the front. Though now, she knew that the house was not going to be hers, not now or ever. She was just the ?front.? Now she stood next to the man who conned and demanded her to build it. She looked at the man and grimaced. ?I am glad that you like it, sir. I hope it brings you the happiness that I would have had with it.?

Shane ignored her, and continued to watch men and women move into and out of the house with a hurriedness that all would be done soon. They all moved with a sort of grace an ant would envy. The woman next to him, was good looking, but not to him. His lust fell into the material scope of his life, as he watched two green, black eighteen wheeller pull into the compound and smiled. What he has been waiting for had finally came.

Shane turned and walked with purpose to his car and got in. The woman just stood there and watched. The engine started with a roar, and took off after the truck and to help direct the unloading.

(Present time)

"Now," as he looked at his crew, "We must get the information from our connections in Kansas. We have still equitment to get together and working by this evening when I make my first call." Then he looked at a short man with a lab coat. "Scott, do we have the "stuff", coming this week?" Though he knew the man had to answer, Shane continued anyway. "Grant, we must have power to the garage or I will do it myself when I get back. If I do have connect them when I get back, you better hope I had a very good week. I am expecting some guest by the end of this month." Shane turned and left the crew directors do their job.

Upstairs, he went searching on the internet and television, just to see what could be found there.

TAG: ALL

8. PressRedForFreakMode

PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2006
    IC: Chiaki Tetsuya
    NYC: Starbucks

Neal smiled at Chiaki as they walked into the Starbucks. He too was familiar with the coffee shop.

"Sure, I like this place too. Let me buy you your coffee." Neal was certainly a gentleman.

"Aw that's sweet, thank you!" She grinned.

Neal decided what to buy and looked at Chiaki. "The Cinnamon Frappucino, thank you." She said to the young man behind the till. Neal then approached Chiaki as they waited for their drinks to be made.

"So, what brings you to New York? Tell me about yourself."

"Well.." She began, thinking it best to discuss the 'supernatural' when they werer seated. ".. In Japan, I'm a musician, but I have a stage name. I used to busk for money when I was younger, um.. dancing and singing, then i got trained to sing professionally. I'm now known as Utada Hikari over there and I'm over here to "break America" as they called it. I'm supposed to be going to the recording studio later actually." She smiled at him.

"Tell me about you. You seem to be having some problems right now but you don't have to go into it. What do you do for a living?"

TAG: Nethrin

9. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: Happy Christmas for tomorrow everybody (seeing as I probably won't be online then!) :)

10. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005

"No one else knows." Atrix looked at his house a few rows down, "I had planned on telling my wife, but now that your here."

Atrix started to walk past the man but stopped next to him, "What do you want from me? You either explain this or leave."

11. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Apologies for the lateness of reply to the tag, John 117.

IC: Francis Hillian

Francis and Giles parted in front of his building. It had only been about twenty minutes, and Francis hoped Bennet was punctual. That'd give him time to prepare.

Francis found that even minor preparations for such encounters paid off in the long run. Planning, thinking ahead, and being ready were always good things. He hated being put on the spot. At least here, he'd feel better answering personal questions.

He took the elevator to his floor, entering his apartment, room 42, on the twentieth floor. Although he had the benefit of an entire floor for his comfort, Francis found that they ended up being delegated to interests, and, more often than not, storage.

He hung up his coat and hat, spun his cane, and tossed it into it's receptacle.

Francis checked his watch, wondering when Bennet would arrive.

Tag: John 117

12. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005

After watching tv and messing around on the internet, Shane got up from his desk. "This is getting to be too much for me. I think....", as a twinkle came to his eyes. "Yes, I think it would be nice to hit the big apple it self and see who and what is going on." He packed a briefcase and his laptop and headed for the door.

The day was long and boring till the radio started to crackle with some oldies and country. The black mustang was a eye opener for some who actually saw it. The noise was just under the noise limit and the tinted glass prevented a lot of poeple to see in the car itself. The car purred as he was stopped at a red light, and saw many poeple waiting for their turn to go across the busy streets. Shane watched the mayhem and confusion, than a thought came to mind. "Let us help with the over crowding, as it seems that there is."

As he sat there at the light, he summoned a crazed military man that he knew back in Kansas. The military man with rifle poped into existance and started to shoot, and Shane hit the gas, not caring if some one ran in front of him or not. "Oh my, this place is insane, this New York." as he drove away laughing at the mess that he had just created.

TAG:ALL

13. Nethrin

Nethrin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2006
    IC: Neal Robinson
    Starbucks

"Well at the moment I work at the library. I had been studying english literature but for personal reasons I dropped out. The library dosnt pay much but I can pay my bills at least. Your a singer? I would love to hear you sing sometime."

The young man who had taken their order motioned to them that it was ready. Neqal walked over and picked up the drinks, handing the cinnamon frappucino to Chiaki. He walked to the nearest empty booth and sat down.

He took a long drink from his hot drink, savoring the mint coffee flavor before speaking again. She must have seen the tree at the park and it might be better if he started to talk bout it first.

"I guess you saw the tree at the park. What did you think about it? i hope its not too weird for you."

TAG: PRFFM

OOC: Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

14. PressRedForFreakMode

PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2006
    IC: Chiaki
    NYC~Starbucks

"Well at the moment I work at the library. I had been studying english literature but for personal reasons I dropped out. The library dosnt pay much but I can pay my bills at least. Your a singer? I would love to hear you sing sometime."

"I think it would be nice and peaceful to work in a library." She smiled sweetly, before chuckling at his later comment. "Yes, but America doesn't know me yet! If you want to, at a later time, I can sing for you?"

Neal took the order from the counter and headed towards an empty seat, placing the drinks down and sitting on the opposite side. They both drank before engaging in more conversation.

"I guess you saw the tree at the park. What did you think about it? i hope its not too weird for you."

This was the time to confront Neal on the situation, but she couldn't think of a subtle way to introduce her matter. There really wasn't a subtle way to introduce something supernatural in conversation to a natural world.

"Yes, i saw the tree rise, with you on it." She hinted towards the extreme bizarreness of it. "No, it wasn't too weird; I had a situation slightly beforehand, which I need to ask for your help on." She paused for a moment to think of how to word everything she wanted to say.

"I was in the Hair Salon not long at all before meeting you, and just before my appointment, I was sitting at the waiting area, looking at all the hair products on the shelves they have by the windows. I must have been glaring at one shampoo inparticular and after a few seconds, it sort of lept off of the shelf. There was no draft and anything to encourage it to fall, but it just did! When I left the salon, I had a migraine, and I don't get them very often!"

Chiaki started to raise her voice, not realising for a moment that she was in a public place. She looked around to see if anyone was looking at her, but thankfully she still remained unknown.

"I think it's me. I think something's... going on. Have you any ideas?"

She continued to look directly at Neal.

TAG: Nethrin

OOC: Good point! Happy Christmas for tomorrow!!

15. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    New York City, Afternoon

The man grabbed Atrix tightly by the man. "You don't get to make orders," he said aggressively. "You can't tell your wife, you really want your family in danger? Just wait until word gets around."

Shoving his arm away the man strode around Atrix, stopping in front of him.

"You're an idiot," he insulted. "didn't you at all think of the implications that would arise once you stepped out of there alive?"

Clearly he knew this extraordinary life that the public was met by in television wasn't the truth of the entire situation. There was more happening in this world than these young men and women knew. They were careless, and he didn't approve of that.

"You have an ability, you can do things few others can," he explained. "I'd watch your back if I were you."

The man turned on his heel, proceeding away from Atrix.

16. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005
    IC: Atrix

Atrix turned and looked at the man, there were only two words he heard...Wife and Danger, and he didn't like them in the same sentance.

"Wait, I will listen, I will learn...I will do whatever you want, as long as it will keep my family safe."

He waited for the man to reply as he stood there on the sidewalk only tens of feet away from his home.

17. John_117

John_117 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2006
    IC: Jonathan Bennet
    Hotel, New York

Things were peaceful enough. Jon finally made it to the hotel, even with time to spare. He couldn't make sense still, Jon felt sick, drained, and he didn't even know why. Bennet realized these answers wouldn't come from his own heart, he had to know why he couldn't teleport when he wanted to. Or why he felt so overwhelmed with emotion. His head throbbing, Jon walked into the elevator, riding it up.

Upon reaching the twentieth floor, sweat dripped from Jon's forehead, his head tightening. Bennet could barf if he had the chance, but it wasn't due to being nervous about meeting this man, there was something else going on inside of him. Now at room 42, Jon knocked, it opened and he was met by Francis Hillian. "Mister Hillian," Jon introduced, holding out his hand. "I'm Jonathan Bennet."

TAG: Penguinator-176

18. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    New York City, Afternoon

The man laughed mockingly. "You're a coward."

He turned to face Atrix, the wind blowing at his coat, flowing in the air. The sun was nearly finished setting, and the man in black had other issues to tend to.

"I'm not here to take you as some sort of Apprentice," the man pointed out. "This is your own life, so deal with it. Nothing will keep your family safe, especially not begging for help."

He paused, now completely facing Atrix.

"Don't ignore your powers, it will only make things worse," he explained. "Realize what you're capable of. Because I'm not around to teach you, you can do that yourself."

The man looked to the house, specifically Atrix's home.

"Go be with your family," he told him. "Things are only going to get worse."

Despite the man's rude exterior, he offered a distinct calm about him, even when threatening. His words cold, without care. It was only about getting to the point, making sure Atrix understood his current situation. Which was a bad one.

It wasn't the man's job to provide cover-up for these people, there were too many things happening. Atrix wasn't useful to him, yet, but eventually, when his powers were contained, then he could hold a unique advantage.

19. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005

Atrix looked inside his trenchcoar at his Desert Eagle .50 Caliber handgun...his pride and joy. Then he looked back up to the man.

"You will regret those words some day." He whispered.

Then he turned to his home and walked inside, leaving the man in black all alone. Maybe he could develope on his own, but to do this he would have to find out exactly what he could do...

TAG: NONE

20. Arclite

Arclite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2006
    Obi Approved

CHARACTER SHEET-

Name: Jehkyl Eiras
    Sex: Male
    Hometown: Salem SC

Appearance-

Hair Color/Style: Long, black/tied at base of neck with brown leather chord
    Height: 6'
    Build: Hardy, more muscle than fat
    Eye Color: stone grey
    Facial Hair: rough black goatee
    Scars/Markings/Tattoos: scar over left eye (accidental transmutation)
    Skin Tone: Caucasian
    Clothing: plain white tee under dark blue plaid shirt(halfway buttoned, sleeves rolled up to mid forearm) kakhi pants and brown leather hiking boots. Often wearing brown leather Trenchcoat and rifle holster (gifts from his russian greatgrandfather's term of service in WW II)

Personality-

Traits: Caring and thoughtful but half mad
    Habits: Tends to stroke objects and stare quietly into nothingness when thinking, can only be snapped out by touch or when the train of thought comes to an end. become manic near explosives (or any halogen for that matter) due to their unstable molecular structure.
    Personal Weakness: His curiosity often gets the better of him, goading him to touch (and often deconstruct) things he has been told not to

Equipment-

Primary Weapon: a black mahogany staff (5 1/2 feet long)
    Secondary Weapon: Russian Mosen-Nagant bolt action rifle from WW II [holstered, has permit] (five round, magazine fed, with 4 extra magazines in trench coat, often transmutes bullets for different effects)
    Gadgets: No higher class forms of technology (see powers)

History-

Occupation: A simple carpenter though he does rake in extra income through local electronic and auto repair.

Bio: Though life in the town of salem was a good life, Jehk had always longed for something more. His simple carpentry job was not good enough anymore and far from his lost dreams of being an chemistry teacher.
    Through school he had always felt a deep connection with the elements, how only 113 different substances made up every thing on the planet. His curiosity often got him in trouble as he would take things apart to see how they worked.
    After discovering 6 months earlier that he had extraordinary abilities he really did take things apart, molecule by molecule, to see how they really worked. He believed that that day he discovered the secret of the universe, which drove him to his manic state. Now he wanders from city to city absorbing all of the knowledge that he can about the elements and changing them to fit his needs. He embraces his russian heritage and can speak read and write russian.

Extraordinary-

"Transmutation Backlash"- Sometimes when transmuting, Jehkyl can feel the pain of the substances unwanted tranformation. This is called "Transmutation Backlash". This form of ailment take a heavy toll on Jehkyl's psyche, the reason for his madness and eventual demise.

SA: Molecular Manipulation A
    D: Inanimate only. Getting to know an object on a molecule by molecule level and then changing it degrades his sanity from "Tranmutation Backlash"

SA: Transmutation M
    D: Inanimate only. Can only transmute into "like substances" ex. metal to metal (though can choose exact type or alloy). Can "break" this rule 2/day, but only transmuting into "Unlike" substances ex. wood to water(carbon to hydrogen). Can transmute anything into anything, granted it meets the size requirements, but is instantly knocked unconsious by "Transmutation Backlash"

SA: Animation M
    D: Inanimate only. Cannot always control the objects, they have minds of their own. Usage depands on size, small: nigh unlimited(ex. paper crane), medium: 15/day(ex. chair), Large 10/day(ex. chest of drawers), Huge 3/day(ex. car) and Gargantuan 1/day(ex. tree)

SA: Technopathic B
    D:

21. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Francis Hillian

Francis smiled, and took the man's hand. He was impressed by the man's punctuality, but the handshake he gave seemed different. He thought Bennet would be more relaxed than he looked - Francis wasn't exactly the Pope, or even a modern celebrity.

"It's good to meet you at last, Mr. Bennet. Come in, won't you?"

Francis ushered the reporter inside, closing the door behind him.

"Now. Would you like a drink, or shall we get right to business?"

Tag: John 117

22. Zipporah

Zipporah Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2002
    ic: Linda Miller
    Hotel Room, New York

Linda rubbed the side of her face, in-taking all the information. "Frank huh?" she asked, looking over the file. "Has he called in recently, acted suspicious?" So far this was her best lead, Linda walked towards Matthew, looking over the paper. "Do you know why he may not have shown today?" There could be countless reasons, Miller only hoped it could lead to an answer.

The young woman lifted her head. "It wasn't possible that your men could have messed up the times, how well is your security at keeping time stamps? Any anomalies?" She had running theories, but Linda knew as well as anyone that companies screwed more often than not, and employees weren't always reliable. She needed to know if this was a track record for this Frank, not showing up, and only Matthew would know that.

tag: Zandoran_Celix

23. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Mathew Masters
    Hotel Room

He looked at her, surrpise on his face.

Frank was there, He's the one who called me and told me my wife and Son had been murdered. You mean no one saw him there today?

This worried Mathias. Frank knew how to behave, especially when the crap hit the fan. He just wouldn't have run off. Frank was a proffesional.

I'll call Michael. He'll get Franks personnel file and fax it. Whats the number for your station?

TAG: zipporah

24. John_117

John_117 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2006
    IC: Jonathan Bennet
    New York

Jonathan politely returned the man's handshake, and again felt a surge of emotion. It was a sense of bewilderment, curiosity. Bennet continued to question this, these weren't his emotions, but, unlike before, he felt relaxed. Something was happening, changing within him. He wasn't sure if he was dying, or coming down with the flu. "Actually, I would love a drink sir," he said quickly. It would settle his nerves, hopefully make him fell alot better.

"This is a nice place you have," Jon complimented, allowing himself inside Hillian's place. It was certainly nicer than his wn home, but of course Jon didn't ever feel like he had the time to fix up his place. Or the real care or devotion to. Coughing lightly Jonathan turned his attention to Francis.

TAG: Penguinator-176

25. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005

He could still hear the screams, two blocks down. Shane, knew he was going to like New York. "So many poeple to mess with, and lives to destroy. Now is to find some one to help me in my personal quest. Right now, I am going to have some fun. "A bored man, can make a sleepy man." Than he shook his head, "Or something like that." Then he pulled into a Starbucks coffee.

Thinking to himself, "I know that, I do not drink that nasty stuff, but fun time!" Then he stepped up to the counter. "Yes, I would like....Oh who cares, just surprise me." The clerk looked at the strange man, and he made a sweeping motion with his hand to let him know to get moving. When the man came back with his thing, Shane took a sip, than spit it out just as quick.

"What do you call this mess? Do you call it, unemployment? Becuase this is the worse stuff I have every drank!" Than on perpose he threw it at the man's face. Watching with a smile, and seeing the rising steam coming from the clerks, quickly redding face.

"I change my mind, I will go and get me a soda," pushing his way back out to his car. As he left, a large smile was plastered on his face. Then he stopped and looked back at the customers. "I want you all to know, that a new king is in town. If you are bored with your life and want some more interesting work, call me at 867-5309 between 6am and noon, tomorrow. Then I will meet you and see if you are up to the tasks that I give you." Than with a sweeping motion, he left the building, and then getting into the car and left.

TAG:ALL, and anyone still in Star Bucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.