main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Hollow Souls' [ J/TK, OCs + supernatural flare - 03/14 - ch. 11 - O noes! I came back! >:D ]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    So the writer's block on my main stories comes again and what do I do? Start yet another story. I'm horrible, I know. -_- But anyways, I started this story because I wanted to try something more supernatural in the SW universe - it starts out normal and all that... but hopefully later it'll get all crazy. ;) I don't think it'll be too long of a story, but sometimes I look at the outline I made and think otherwise, so I can't say how long it'll be either.

Yeah, and I'm at work. So I'm bored and rambling. Hehe~ Anyways, onto the story!

(The first part is the prologue though, so it's short. >_<)

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/tenelka/782ac351.jpg]

HOLLOW SOULS--

[ primary characters, in alphabetical order ]

// Jacen Solo [male human from Coruscant]
    // Kanah Teva [female human, origin unknown]
    // Synje Raoull [male human from Fondor]
    // Tenel Ka [female human from Hapes]

[ secondary characters, added as they come ]

// Gadell Vessau [male human from Hapes]
    // Prince Isolder [male human from Hapes]

part 0: THE END

This is the end.

I sit here breathing in and out, quite heavily, I might add. It comes out in a cloud which drifts away with the icy draft that seems to wrap around me like a blanket of Hoth snow. I sit, huddled in the corner of the parlor I seem to have stumbled into, my back is pressed against the wall, my hands are numb, my eyes are wide.

I haven't seen Tenel Ka since the motions we made to each other through the transparisteel wall of the main hall -- I hadn't even spoken to her then, we couldn't hear each other.

I lost her.

We can't find our way back to a place where we can meet up, this whole place is a madhouse. Who knew a building existed with so many rooms. Who built it?

Who inhabited it?

I wanted to find these answers when we first stumbled upon it. But now I just want out. I want Tenel Ka and I want to get out of here.

But instead I have this girl, no this young woman. Her hair looks like fire, her eyes look like ice and she's just standing there -- she's standing there staring at me. She looks familiar... I try to ask her questions. She just moves her mouth, slowly, extremely slow... like she's chanting or something. I can't make out what she's saying. I can't feel her through the Force, I can't feel anything. It's blocked somehow. I'm blind. I'm cut off and blind. My shoulder is still bleeding and I'm still crying blood -- I'm blind.

But I can still see her.

And now she speaks. I can hear.

"You're the one who killed me."

Weee! Alright, why is the office so cold. *goes to get a jacket*

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    'You're the one who killed me.'

...:eek::eek::_|:_|

She can'ts die! tricksy, tricksy Heather!

This one sounds intriguing, yes it does.

3. theatrejock

theatrejock Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2005
    Wow! That was very interesting. I'd guess Jacen's having a very, very bad day. It would be great if he and Tenel Ka were able to somehow get together. Having read a couple of your other stories, I'd say that it has a good chance of happening.

Now, what did Jacen do? He's not exactly the type of person I'd classify as a killer.

Anyway, nice job.

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    -TK-: *grins*

Now that's a return to form. If you can't write something that's already started, you can always write something new...

WB!!

- The Imperial Ewok

5. JainaZekk_Index

JainaZekk_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    NOTE: This message was accidentally posted my DathomiranAuthor.

6. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Very sorry about that...forgot to log out.

Very powerful, great description. Shocking ending too :eek: ...I'm so confused!

edit: smilies and clarification

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh! Nicely done! =D=

8. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    interesting start :)

looking forward for the next part
    *book marks*

~Mags~

9. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Striker: Thanks Jon~! :D I hope it all turns out okay, you know how I am with making stories super confusing. XD Muahah! (And you know me - tricksy is my middle name! Well, on the days my middle name isn't 'insanity' or 'snark'... ;))

theatrejock: There's definitely a very good chance of them getting together -- it'll take a couple posts for their relationship to be firmly established... but it'll come up at some point. :D As for what Jacen did... that'll come up as well. Heeehehe~ thank you for reading though! I'm glad you enjoy it so far!

Thrawn!: Thanks for the WB! Yeah, but you know me - I'll start something new and then slow down horribly on all the old stuff. I need to get out of that habit. O_O Seriously~ hehehe~

DA: LOL~ it's okay - I do that with socks all the time. ;) Thank you for the comments! And it's okay to be confused, stuff I write is always confusing -- and it only makes works out and I'm satisfied with it when everything is tied up in the end. LOL~ ^_^

VaderLVR64: Thank you! I hope I can just keep it up, LOL!

Maggy: I'm happy you're enjoying it so far! And thanks for sticking around~ :D

Actually I should be posting the next part later tonight. Heeeehehe~

*scurries off*

10. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    part I: THE ARRANGEMENT

"We have to get you out of here," Jacen Solo fumbled with an intricate Hapan puzzle cube that usually sat on the ornate desk in front of him. The puzzle cube that usually sat under stacks of flimsiplast and letters. "Who knows when they'll strike next."

Then Queen Mother seemed intent on finishing her work - she hadn't even looked up at him.

"Gadell says they're putting the Palace on quarantine. On lockdown. He thinks you should leave as well. I just came from his office."

She shook her head at something on her datapad and reworked the entry.

"Tenel Ka."

Finally she glanced up to him, her tired eyes boring into Jacen. "What good will me leaving bring? Who will run the Consortium while I am gone, Jacen?"

"With the Palace on lockdown, the Council can take care of things. The courts will be shut down, so they would only have to deal with civil business, internal problems and the like." Jacen paused, seeing that this was getting him nowhere. "At least leave with me till this whole threat blows over. Having a price on your head isn't an easy thing to deal with, I've heard that from my dad so many times that frankly, I'm sick of it. We wouldn't be gone too long. And look at you..."

Tenel Ka stared to Jacen, the gray, half-lidded eyes still locked on his wide chocolate browns.

"...you're paying so much attention to your work now that you aren't even giving any thought to these bounty hunters. You're leaving yourself wide open."

She grabbed the edge of the desk and pushed her chair back, standing up and stretching her legs a bit. "Well, that is why you are here, correct?"

"I'm here investigating who sent them after you, Tenel Ka. You know that."

She did know that, but she was sick of arguing. It was all she and Jacen seemed to be doing for the past couple of days, over extremely inane things which was even worse. They were both stressed, tired -- her head felt heavy, her body protested the late nights she had been putting in. She could see it in Jacen too. His hair was tangled, mussed; there were black circles under his eyes, his shoulders sagged.

With a sigh, she walked around the desk, resting the small of her back against it. "So then what good would me leaving with you do?"

"It would get you out of here." Jacen reached around her and set the cube down on her desk. "And Gadell and I have a lead. He's going to follow it while we're gone. It'll confuse them to say the least, if the person who is supposed to be inspecting the whole thing just leaves."

Tenel Ka seemed to think on this. It seemed to be sinking in, but Jacen knew she would want the last word, she would want to make sure everything would be perfect if she left.

"I have to speak to Gadell first."

"He's going to say the same thing I am, Your Majesty."

"What about my father?"

"Gadell already spoke to him as well."

"There is too much to pack, and I still have work to finish. I cannot --"

"Anhaje already took care of your packing."

Narrowing her eyes, Tenel Ka clicked her tongue, silently admiring Jacen's will and drive. "You are impossible," She added, still keeping her admiration quiet.

"I'm a Solo, sweetheart."

Tenel Ka inhaled deeply, turning her head back to look down at the desktop. Datapads everywhere, pieces of flimsiplast in crooked stacks, notes scribbled here and there. She debated on what to bring along, her right hand running along the edge of the desk. If she brought the econom---

"Oh no, and you're not bring any of that with you." Jacen grabbed her hand away from the desk and spun her around towards the door of the offices. "Now go throw your boots on, we're out of here within the next standard hour." He waved his hands at the door, motioning for her to leave.

Scowling, Tenel Ka let out her deep breath and stalked towards the door, barefeet smacking the stone on the way. "Impossible," she repeated under her breath.

Jacen waited until she was gone from the room before he let the Solo grin appear on his bright visage. He was hoping this wou

11. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Yes, well, so should I, but eh, no biggie... *throws bedtime to the wind*

This looks intriguing, more soon please!

12. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Narrowing her eyes, Tenel Ka clicked her tongue, silently admiring Jacen's will and drive. "You are impossible," She added, still keeping her admiration quiet.

LOL! That's a brilliant line. :D

And great ending...now I need to read more!

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    So, someone's after Tenel Ka...

Bounty hunters? Bah! And a vacation sounds cool. Awesome last line, I must say. What'll happen?

Argh! Must get back to own fics!

14. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

-Tenel-:

I'm happy you're enjoying it so far!

:D

And thanks for sticking around~ :D

you are welcome :)

"You are impossible," She added, still keeping her admiration quiet.

teehee :D [face_laugh]

Little did he know that in the days following that, he would learn that the beating of his heart could prove to be quite comforting. It would be the only thing that reminded him that he was still alive.

very promising [face_devil]

I wonder who is insane enought to hand out a bounty on Tenna ... they would have to deal with the whole palace guard and the Jedi ...

looking forward for the next part

~Mags~

15. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    AvenKiel: More soon, no worries! :D And sleep is so overrated. Heeehehe! *hi5s*

DA: Haha! Thank you! I was wondering if it was something that would fit, but Jacen always had that underlying layer of Solo charm and it shows at random points in the YJK and stuff -- I thought it escaping his system would be appropriate here. XD

Striker: Something crazy will happen, like it always does. ;) And thank you for the comment on the last line, I was hoping that would top off the chapter well.

Maggy: Oh you know the Hapan extended family of doom, it could've been one of them or who knows... it could be anyone. :D Thanks again! More to come soon!

16. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    hmm..

promise not to keep us hanging on this one?
    raises eyebrows..

sounds good..
    p

17. Damon

Damon Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2005
    Great story, keep it up. Can't wait till the next update.

18. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    jade: I PROMISE! <3 This one I have outlined and set up pretty much all the way through. :D

Damon: Thanks darlin'! *steals Chrin and hugs him, then gives him back*

19. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Interesting! I like it! ;) MORE please!

20. SephirothsKiller

SephirothsKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
  21. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Courtney_Solo: Thank you very much! *hugs* There should be more a little later tonight actually. :D

SephirothsKiller: While zombies would actually be really fun to write (plot bunny coming on? ;D) -- there aren't any in this story. This one has to do more with hauntings, I believe. Ghosts, possibly maybe. ;)

22. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Alright -- here's part two! :D

part II: THE DECISION

"They're gone."

"What do you mean they're gone?" Prince Isolder frowned in frustration towards Gadell Vessau, the Commander of the Hapan Royal Navy. The man who had just informed him that his only daughter and one of her Jedi friends was missing.

"It is exactly like I stated, sir. This morning they did not show up at breakfast and further investigation proved that they're both absent from the Palace. They're gone."

"As in 'missing' gone?"

"Well, there is a ship missing from hanger, sir."

Isolder placed his hands on his hips and peered across the fountain he stood in front of, to the black-haired man who was standing at attention.

Gadell finished, "We're tracking the ship as we speak."

"Good. Continue." The swish of his silk robes was the only sound that could be heard over the slow breeze as Isolder rounded the fountain and passed Gadell, heading towards the Palace. On the way by, he nodded solemnly to the man and seemed to wink his left eye. The Commander made no return motion and just continued to stare ahead, hands clasped behind his back. If there had been no ulterior motive between the scene that just occured between the two men, Gadell might have been kind of disturbed by that wink.

But he knew what it meant in this case, seeing as how the whole exchange in the Gardens was a setup. Inhaling deeply, Gadell mentally checked off that part of the plan and letting a sly grin tug at the corner of his lips, he followed Isolder back into the Fountain Palace.

After taking a trip to the kitchens and grabbing something for lunch, Gadell was in Isolder's office mere minutes later -- one of the forward command rooms. They were the rooms that were checked daily for bugs, the rooms that always had at least four guards posted outside. The rooms where all the politics and planning went on...

"Do you think anyone heard us?"

"Hopefully," Isolder replied, standing at the front of the long empty conference table. "The Gardens are always the easiest places for spies to listen in, and the easiest place for people to eavesdrop around. Hopefully someone heard it, then it'll throw everyone off a bit."

Gadell nodded. It had been their plan to meet out there, by the fountains near the reflecting pool -- and for Gadell to feed Isolder a lie or two about where Jacen Solo and Tenel Ka were. A certain Hapan or two had put a hefty bounty on Tenel Ka's head and this seemed to be the easiest way to diffuse the situation -- and an easy way of alluding the media attention that would surely be drawn to the Consortium once more.

The Council was going to take over while she was gone, with say from Isolder. She had changed a few rules since she had become Queen Mother -- which made Isolder quite proud. She probably would have gotten a lot further too, if she hadn't been bothered with so many interruptions by assassins this, bounty hunters that, angry extended family members this and that and so on... and it had always came at a time where she was close to getting something done.

"So where did they actually end up?" Isolder knew it was safe to speak freely in these rooms.

The Commander strode down the length of the table, his boot heels echoing on the stone floor. "I think Jacen set them on a course for Fondor-- at least, that's what he told me the last time I contacted him. But he changes his mind like an ewok in heat. Never satisfied."

Tenel Ka's father let a smirk cross his face. Gadell's odd sense of humor never ceased to amaze him.

"Jacen said he would contact me when he figured out the best course of action, sir."

"Good." Isolder clapped Gadell on the shoulder, a small smile breaking on his tan face.

"Could you please inform me when you hear from them?"

"Of course."

"Thank you, Commander."

With those words, the Prince exited the room, probably headed to the Council to selectively inform them of what was going on. He didn't want to tell them too much about where his daughter had gone, he didn't

23. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

But he changes his mind like an ewok in heat. Never satisfied."

*lol*

o-oh those red eyes sounds not healty ...
    evil cliffy!

looking forward to the next part :)

~Mags~

24. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Yeah, I always do that for some reason. If I leave a chapter happy then it just feels weird. ;)

Nah, I'm kidding. I end chapters happy occasionally. Heeeheheh~ And thank you! *hugs*

25. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    -TK-: But he changes his mind like an ewok in heat.

:eek: :p [face_not_talking] [face_laugh]

And - blood; colours, changing...

Yep, definately your 'fic...

- The Imperial Ewok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.