main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Hollow Souls' [ J/TK, OCs + supernatural flare - 03/14 - ch. 11 - O noes! I came back! >:D ]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    calm before the storm? **pfffffffftttpp** Calm before the Hurricane is more like it. Can't wait for more!! *hopping up and down*

2. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Yup,

Tk/J mush is always welcome

and haha on Baby Jacen :)

hehe

3. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Beautiful!!! [face_love] Amazing description, and very amusing too! :D

4. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    AvenKiel: Hahahaha~! Yeah, I guess hurricane would fit well -- especially for all the stuff that's gonna happen in this story... ;)

jade51999: I'm glad it is, cause I'm a big fan of J/TK and I'm sure there'll be more. :D *hugs*

DathomirianAuthor: Thank you so much! ^_^ I had to make this part pleasant since this is pretty much where all the odd stuff starts happening. Heeehehe~

5. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Yay! Now that my crazy fit of costumes and worrying about travel plans is over -- since Dragon*Con has well passed, and work has calmed down a bit -- I can focus again on writing. O_O!

Which basically means that another part should be up later tonight. ;)

(Finally. XD)

6. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    [face_dancing]

JediFarfy

7. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    (*hugs JediFarfy* :D

Alright and by tonight, I mean tonight. 'Cause I totally fell asleep early last night. O_O

WHAT? Me?! Fall asleep early? I know. -_-

<333)

8. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    LOL! I totally understand. Sometimes you can't help it. :)

I'll still be checking in all day! [face_dancing]

JediFarfy

9. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    *thumb twiddling*

I loves this story, patiently waiting for more!

10. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    I [face_love] you guys so much. XD

And as I said ( sorry again, about falling asleep last night. ;) ) -- here's the next part! ^_^

-------

part VI: THE FIRST

A shuddering breath sounded in the dead night air as Tenel Ka's heavy lidded eyes ripped themsleves open. She couldn't tell if the breath had been hers or Jacen's, who was currently laying beside her, his head nuzzled against her side. Her right arm was snaked around him, her hand suddenly back up, fingers absently toying with his messy auburn locks.

Wherever the breath had come from, it alarmed her a bit. Now that Jacen was here, and had dragged his comforter in with him, they had the sheets, two heavy blankets and most importantly, each other to keep themselves warm. There was no reason for a shivering breath to escape either one of them.

Turning her head lazily to Jacen, she watched him for what seemed like minutes. His lips were pursed slightly and the breath that drew in and out of them was slow, rhythmic -- it matched his heartbeat, which Tenel Ka could feel against her side. She shifted downwards a bit, her face now on the same level as his and turned on her side, towards him. As she slid her right hand under her cheek, she nestled herself into the blankets, keeping her open eyes locked on his closed ones. The movement under them was rapid and sporadic, letting Tenel Ka know he was in quite a deep sleep. She could feel a small smile crossing her lips. Maybe using the extra bedrooms wasn't such a bad idea after all. She could easily admit that it was quite refreshing to be out of her lonely, oversized bed and her Hapan silk sheets - and to be beside someone who cared, someone she wouldn't mind sharing a bed with for the rest of her life. Tenel Ka knew she could be sleeping on the duracrete floor of an empty hanger and still be happy as long as Jacen Solo was right there beside her.

Jacen stirred against her as she continued to watch him, twisting his neck a little so his face was towards the ceiling. His profile was outlined in the moonlight and Tenel Ka could feel her heart skip a beat at the sight. Jacen Solo had definitely grown up.

She had lost track of time after that, her eyes roaming back and forth over his jawline, through the curls of his hair, down his neck to where his chest was rising and falling. The tan expanse of his chest was broken though, by a white hand.

Tenel Ka felt her breath catch in her throat as she stared at the hand, which was calmly laying in the middle of Jacen's form, below his sternum, almost over his stomach. Slowly sitting up, her right hand behind her, palm splayed out on the bed for support, Tenel Ka tightened her lips into a thin line. Was she seeing things now?

The hand was white, a bit transparent -- the fingers danced over Jacen's stomach and over his ribs, up to his neck where it rested. Tenel Ka could see the beginnings of an arm down on the other side of Jacen, leading to what she assumed was a body on the other side of him. Steeling up her nerves and scowling at her sudden lack of action, she leaned forward and choked up at what she saw.

As white as the hand and just as lucid, Tenel Ka saw a woman. Her wide hollow eyes moved from their place on Jacen's face to Tenel Ka and the woman then sat up, mirroring Tenel Ka's position on the other side of Solo's sleeping form.

Stay calm.

"Who are you?" Tenel Ka inquired, letting her eyes linger on the parts of the room she could see through this woman.

She didn't answer. She seemed to be wearing some sort of robes, almost as pale as herself -- and they floated around her like they had flitnats holding them up. Her hand finally moved from Jacen's neck, sliding back down his skin to his chest, where it looked like she put pressure on. She was wispy, she was nothing...

But Jacen, still in a deep sleep seemed to wince from the pressure under her fingers.

Tenel Ka could feel her eyes widen and without thought she reached out, grabbing the woman's wrist, attempting to pull her away from Jacen.

She got a fistful of nothing

11. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    :eek: [face_love] [face_thinking]

Very interesting...

Mm, love TK/J!

JediFarfy

12. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    I just found this again, and it's great! I especially loved those last two chaps with the J/TK mush. Great job!!

13. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    *shiver* oooh, creepy little boy, this should be interesting!

And yay for the mush again, never can have too much mush!

*wishing I had a Jacen to cuddle*

I love how you described that ghost, she was tres creepy!!

14. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    oooooh ooooh that was just ooooh..

a ghost and painting guy...and some contemplating Jacen.

sweeet

15. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    JediFarfy: I'm glad you're enjoying it~! Cause you know me, it's gonna go downhill for a bit from here. ;)

cheersweetie27: Thank you very much! And yeah, hopefully I won't have to search for it again like I did -- cause now that I'm back I can keep up with it! ^_~

AvenKiel: I tried with the ghost -- I didn't want her to be too much (yet). I'm saving all the really weird stuff for later. ;) And as for the boy, he'll be appearing a lot. He'll have an odd role too... O:)

jade!: *huuuugs* Hahah! Contemplating Jacen, that's just normal of him. ;)

I think there'll actually be a new part tonight, cause I'm trying to catch this up with the couple parts of the story I have written now. So expect a new chapter very soon! :)

16. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm always optimistic though. :D

JediFarfy

17. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Optimistic is always good. ;)

----

part VII: THE AWAKENING

Jacen Solo awoke to a small patch of tan skin and it only took him seconds to realize, by the touch and scent, that he had his face nuzzled in the crook of Tenel Ka's neck. Gently pulling his head back, he could feel loose strands of copper hair brushing against his cheek and her slow breath against his jawline. A glance up past the bed, over to the closest window, Jacen could tell it was morning by the way the weak rays of sunlight tried to break through the caked glass. Dust and grime had built up in them over the years and only bits and pieces of the daybreak could stream through, much like the moonlight had appeared the night before.

He dropped his head onto the pillows beside her, leaving his arm draped over her stomach, where it had been when he woke up. Jacen reveled in how peaceful she looked, how soft her features were while she slept. He was used to seeing her hard-faced, scowling at some useless political bout, stressed over some empty threat -- this was a welcome alternate.

Tucking his left hand under one of the pillows, he stretched out, letting his joints pop and settled in beside her once more, intently letting his eyes drift over her visage.

Tenel Ka stirred once Jacen's fingertips found their way under her shirt to her side, where they slowly danced back and forth across her skin.

"Your hands are cold," she mumbled through a veil of sleep.

A slight chuckle sounded as Jacen reached down with that hand and pulled the blankets up to their shoulders, placing his fingers right back where they were moments later. "Sorry." He watched as her eyes lazily opened, the gray still as sharp as ever. "Morning sunshine."

With a tired sigh and the hint of a grin on her face, Tenel Ka turned on her side to face him, blinking the the slumber from her eyes. As she sat there and peered at him, her mind went racing back to the events of the night before. The way he came and crawled in bed with her, the way they instantly fell asleep in each other's arms like they'd been together their whole life, the way she woke up and saw...

That tiny smile that had been spreading across her lips vanished suddenly. And Jacen had noticed.

"What's wrong?"

"Last night." She paused, furrowing her brow as if trying to recollect all the events and happenings that occured. "You were asleep and I saw a woman... she was like... like a ghost. I could see through her." Her voice was becoming rushed. It was as if she felt that if she didn't get everything out in time, all the thoughts would just be forgotten. "She had her hand on you... and her back. It was practically one big wound. She led me to a room..." Tenel Ka purposely left the part off about how the spectre's hand seemed to attempt to choke Jacen for a moment -- she realized she probably already sounded crazy enough.

"Wait, this really happened?" He blinked. "This wasn't a dream?"

"No, no. It happened. I remember it too well for it to be a dream." It was true. Tenel Ka had never in her life had dreams and visions that real and vivid. "There was a man in the room. He was painting. He... he..." She shook her head, trying to recall their exact conversation. "We have to find him. We have to talk to him. He knows something about this place."

She was suddenly awake and alert, trying to disengage herself from the tangled sheets. Grabbing the jacket of her jumpsuit off of the back of the chair beside the bed that she had tossed it over the night before, Tenel Ka threw it over her shoulders and began snapping the bottom line of closures at the waist. Jacen was still seated, slack-jawed under the sheets, his head propped up against the headboard of the bed. In the back of his mind he wondered why she hadn't woken him up when whatever she was babbling about had happened, but he didn't let it bother him. He knew she could handle a lot and if she really had needed his help, she would've smacked him awake till sleep was the farthest thing from his mind. And she didn't seem like she was har

18. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    More soon please!!

19. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Excellent.

New Post right after I saw the last one..no waiting is always nice!!

There's such an odd feeling to this story..like everything is slightly to the left and you're not sure why...

very cool writing

20. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    ahh see here you have a scary fic TK and no post on Holloween! Alas!

21. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    LOL~! There's actually going to be a new chapter up here hopefully tonight. ;)

Thanks for the reminder! Heeeeheheh~

22. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    DUDE. Where have you been all my life? I swear I responded to this story weeks ago, but I guess not. And I will respond. Oh yes, I will respond. Once I get some sleep for the night. It's awfully late here.

23. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    Ackk, I missed a post, but it was so great!!

24. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    TCR!!!: Hey! I've missed you~! I've been totally slacking (well, ok -- slacking with writing cause of school and new job and all that stuff...) -- but yeah -- block is gone, I'm getting free time, so I shall write! So yay for your replies~! But yes, get some sleep first! Sleeeeeeeep is gooooood~

AvenKiel: Aw, it's okay! You're all caught up now! ;) And I'm glad ya liked it!

Speaking of...

----

part VIII: THE INTRODUCTION

The rays of sun spilled across the pale back of the man as he sat on the ledge of the fountain, a painted canvas sitting colorfully beside him. He was slowly moving his fingertips across the strokes of paint, the raised edges where the paint had dried -- it wasn't finished. It needed something else. It was a painting of a woman, the smooth shape of her head and shoulders filling the canvas. Her eyes were closed, and a sly smile crossed her face -- Synje gently ran his ring finger over the painted lips. After a moment's hesitation, he reached behind him and felt around for the rough walls of the center of the fountain. Once he found the jagged stone, he scraped his pointer finger over it as hard as he could, setting his chin and gritting his teeth as a couple layers of skin seemed to drag off. He could feel a warm pearl of blood trickling down his finger now, and that's when he brought it to his lips, kissed his finger and then let his hand fall to the painting, where he let a drop fall to the women's smiling face.

Fumbling a bit, Synje pushed the picture a few feet away from him so it could continue drying in the sun. He stretched his arms out to his sides and his legs out in front of him, the loose black pants unwrinkling as the bottoms fell over his feet again. Running his right hand out across the ledge, it came to his robe, which was stuffed in a lazy ball of silk. He grabbed it and shook it out, casually throwing it on and leaving the front open. The deep blue color of it matched the fabric he had tied around his eyes.

With a slap of his barefeet on the crooked flagstone, he timidly put his hands in his lap, the bleeding from his finger slowing. He could hear people approaching -- and he could tell they were attempting to be quiet. But the quicker than normal breathing and the soft patter of their boots on the courtyard's stone gave them away.

"Good Morning," he casually began, a genuine smile crossing his face. "I apologize in advance for any visual mistakes I might make." He pointed a finger towards his face. "I lost my sight when I was younger."

There were two of them, four feet in all -- he could discern that as they came to a halt.

"Good morning to you as well." A male voice, fairly deep. Quite nervous as well. "And I'm sorry about that -- although, you must have some sort of mindsight. Those paintings in there are gorgeous."

"Thank you very much," he dropped in a light bow.

"Greetings," came the second voice, female, a twinge of Hapan. It was the woman who had come to his quarters late last night. It was her.

"Ah, my lady. I trust you slept well?" He tilted his head towards the direction where her voice had come from.

"I did, thank you. And please call me Te---"

The man interrupted his companion. "Teneve." Synje could hear him step forward. "This is Teneve. She's a handmaiden to the Queen Mother of Hapes." Pausing, the man continued. "She resembles her quite well and was used as a ploy to trick bounty hunters into thinking the Queen Mother had left the planet."

"Mmmm, the Hapans and their schemes." A sly smile crossed Synje's visage.

"And I'm Jacen Solo."

Extending his hand in front of him, Synje felt the other man take it and deliver a firm shake. Synje returned it just as strong, the smile still spreading on his face. "And the Queen even sent her most trusted and faithful knight."

Synje couldn't see it, but Jacen Solo was blushing profusely and avoiding "Teneve's" appraising gaze. Even on this abandoned, forsaken far side of Fondor, people knew of Jacen's visits to Hapes and his time with the Queen Mother.

Witho

25. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    whee indeed!

more comment later!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.