main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Hollow Souls' [ J/TK, OCs + supernatural flare - 03/14 - ch. 11 - O noes! I came back! >:D ]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    LOL~ everything is always wheeeee with me. XD

2. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    *bump* I have another chapter done -- it just needs a little tweaking for here and it'll be done. XD

3. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Nice chap, -Tenel-Ka-. Jacen is jealous!! How cute.

4. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Mercy, mercy, mercy! My heart is beating faster!! Great posty! I'd like to see more of this jealousy taking hold of Jacen! Angsty mush is the best kind!!

5. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I missed so much! :eek:

Wow, my eyes were glued to the computer screen while reading this. Amazing posts. I was even talking out loud to Jacen at one point lol.... The description is breathtakingly beautiful; you should consider writing professionally. I loved the content mood of Tenel Ka sleeping beside Jacen, and the scary hand from the woman really freaked me out. This story is so AWESOME!!! I never know what's going to happen next.

I can't wait for more! :D Wonderful writing. Btw, can I get update PMs?

6. DathomiranAuthor

Jan 18, 2005
    *bump*

I'm officially addicted to this story.

More? Please? *offers cookie*

Love this fic. :D

7. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    cheersweetie27: Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked it! And yessss, Jacen is jealous. Crazy boy. XD

AvenKiel: Oh you'll see it, don't worry. ;D Maybe not very strong at first but it'll be there. Muahaha! Thank you so much for reading!

DA!: Hey! And wow! Thank you so much for your comments! <33 I'm speechless in response! *hugs* I'm really happy this story is that well received -- I wasn't sure what people would think of it since it's kind of odd (but you know me, I'm always kind of odd. ;D) -- again, thank you so very much for the comments, they mean a lot! ^_^

I'm sorry I've been so very clow with the updates, but here's the chapter I had from the couple months ago with the current chapters following very soon!

---

part IX: THE DISTRACTION

Sunlight was fading as Jacen's eyes snapped open and it took him a few moments to realize he was leaning against the headboard of the bed, in the same place he had seated himself earlier. Cursing himself silently for fading into a light sleep, he slowly twisted his head, expecting to see Tenel Ka's body still curled up beside him.

The bed was empty, the sheets tangled up over one another. His brow furrowed slightly and he stared for a moment until he heard a noise that grabbed his attention. Turning, he watched Tenel Ka emerge from the refresher, her gaze instantly darting away from his.

Jacen's head turned with her as she stepped around the bed, his eyes never leaving her face. She was still clad in her jumpsuit, but she had unbraided her hair, leaving the copper locks to frame her face. He felt his breath hitch in his throat as she tucked a wave behind her right ear and continued to avoid his eyes.

Seating herself on the edge of the bed, Tenel Ka leaned down to slip her boots on and Jacen took the chance to crawl across the bed, settling on his knees behind her. Again, just like before, Jacen opened his mouth to speak but no words came. He didn't know if he should explain his jealousy, explain the kiss, explain how he felt... He could only sit behind her and shake his head.

She could feel him hovering there, his light breath shifting strands of her hair. She could sense his sudden misery flooding through their bond. Tenel Ka could sense that he was down about the whole situation -- but their bond was just strong enough for her to sense a little spark of jealousy still floating around his presence. That probably wouldn't vanish until they were away from this place.

Away...

Tenel Ka had the sudden urge to grab all the stuff they had brought in and march right down to the ship. But something held her back, some feeling, some emotion. Something. She felt Jacen's hand resting on her shoulder.

The hurt in his eyes was apparent once she shook his hand off and stood up, turning to face him. She tried not to notice it, she tried not to look in his eyes -- so she found herself staring at the floor. "We have to go to dinner."

Jacen had almost completely forgot about Synje inviting them to dine with him that night. "Oh..." His voice trailed off, lost to the deafening silence that hung over their heads. "Yeah."

Still feeling lethargic from his doze against the headboard, he slid off of the bed and stood up beside her, uncomfortably slipping his hands into his pockets. Normally he would've taken her hand or maybe snaked his arm through hers -- but the way her eyes carried that distance or the way she was holding her body, Jacen didn't want to try anything. They were treading on thin ice for some reason, over something incredibly stupid. Usually their small fights and tiffs were over something inane -- and it never stuck, it was always dropped or joked about.

They were both tense.

Taking her out of one stress filled environment and into the next, good job, Jacen.

After scolding himself, he followed Tenel Ka, who was already halfway down the corridor that led out of the bedroom.

He pattered down the halls after her, like a shadow, his hands still stuffed in his pockets. As they walked, he

8. -JacenSolo-

-JacenSolo- Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2002
    Just one bump, coming right up.

It IS about time you got started finishing this story though. In my opinion, you're the best author here. But we all know I'm rather biased, so....

9. DathomiranAuthor

Jan 18, 2005
    Wow. I read the update, then clicked on a link in your sig - then I never came back to reply to the update because I was lost in my reading spree of your fanfic, lol. I love your J/TK writing!!

Creepy ghost... :D The way you describe everything just makes it so...scary. But that's a good thing, because I love this story and the scary suspense.

*hands cookie*

Awesome update!! :D

EDIT: I was going to go reply to HttH, but then I realized that was locked... Anyway, awesome story. Loved the J/TKness and the magic of Jacen's memories with Tenel Ka. I also loved your description--especially using words like aquatic and oceanic for Gadell's eyes...I can really picture that. Brilliant.

10. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    HELLOOOOO TK!

NICE UPDATE.

Creepy faces in the mirror!
    yeeks

11. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Great story so far. Intriguing. I've been on a fanfic reading binge for the past few days. [face_laugh]

12. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    EEP, creepy! Sorry I missed this update, great postie! I'm a little wary about all of that food, in case it's addling their brains. I think something is definitely messing with Jacen!

13. Black_Hole

Dec 27, 2001
    Just going to bump this... You think you can shoot me a PM when you update this thing? Thanks.

14. nikjo88

nikjo88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2005
    POST!!POST!!POST!!
    Don't leave us hanging!I like your other story..."ubrina's void" too....pls post more!!!

15. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    !!!! Thank you all so much for the responses! (I'm sorry I've been so splotchy with my posts... I've been working so much since I got my job full time! -- and of course, catching up on sleep when I get free time.)

I will definitely respond to everyone's comments one by one as soon as possible (hopefully tomorrow) -- but for now I just wanted to throw out the next chapter, cause it's past the time when I should be asleep. ;D

---

part X: THE NARRATIVE

She looked quite peaceful while she was sleeping, the way she was curled up on her side with her right hand tucked under the pillow. The covers were pulled up tight under her chin, the way Jacen had situated them. He was over across the room, sitting in a cushy seat near the door to the refresher.

He couldn't sleep.

With his legs stretched out in front of him, heels on the edge of a small table, he rested his elbows on the arms of the chair, steepling his fingers in front of him. He set his joined fingertips on his bottom lip and momentarily let his eyes drift shut.

Jacen had failed to tell Tenel Ka about the girl he had seen in the refresher on the second floor, in the mirror behind him. He still didn't believe it had happened. And he definitely didn't know what to make of it. He wasn't about to tell Tenel Ka. She was already worked up enough -- and Jacen knew that his jealousy of Synje wasn't helping any.

Putting that aside in his mind, he thought back to the girl. For now, he seemed to blame it on a lack of sleep, or the fact that he had no food in his system. He decided that if he was going to tell Tenel Ka about her, he'd have to see some form of her again. Because as far as Jacen knew right now, she was just another vision to him.

Of course -- Tenel Ka did tell me about the woman she saw last night.

Jacen recalled that what Tenel Ka described though, was an almost transparent woman who seemed to float as she moved. Almost colorless. The girl Jacen saw looked healthy, alive.

The bedroom was disturbingly silent. He could only hear his own breathing -- and that was only after he realized he was holding it and let out a surprisingly loud sigh. Jacen tensed as Tenel Ka shifted from the noise, nuzzling her head further into the pillows. Breathing a smaller sigh, this time of relief, Jacen felt a numbing calm spread over him.

On his way back to their room, he had felt Tenel Ka through their connection, seeking out his presence. And even though it seemed a bit more difficult than normal, he acknowledged her and nudged her towards the idea of sleep. She had hesitantly agreed but only after she asked of him one thing.

Wake me when you get here. I am worried about you.

He had responded positively and planned on it -- but once he had arrived, he had collapsed into the chair he was in at the moment and sat back, not wanting to disturb Tenel Ka. For once she actually looked like she was getting a good night's rest.

He'd probably get it from her for not waking her up and letting her know he was back safe, but he couldn't bring himself to stir her from her slumber. His eyes just continued to meander around the room; from the moonlit window panels and the torn curtains, to the viridian and violet blankets draped over Tenel Ka.

Jacen bit his lip. The silence was overwhelming at this point and Jacen felt as though he should be doing something to break it -- before it overtook him and attempted to drive him mad.

Standing, he paced across the room, peering out of the window to the courtyard he and Tenel Ka had met Synje out in earlier that morning. He had expected to see the fountain the boy was seated on, maybe an empty easel set out there, or some paints he had left. But no, he actually saw Synje himself, seated in the same spot on the fountain, painting away.

Jacen threw one more glance to Tenel Ka, who was still sleeping, and the next thing Jacen knew, his feet had carried him out into that exact courtyard. With the night sky hanging overhead, the shadows seemed to loom over the Jedi, his chocolate eyes adjusting

16. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    Poor Tenel Ka, she puts up with so much!

You really have me on the edge of my seat here. What in the Blazes is going on?!

17. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    hooray for postie.

reply later

18. Black_Hole

Dec 27, 2001
    You're awsome. Great post as always.

19. nikjo88

Sep 13, 2005
    Things are getting more mysterious by the minute!!
    and i feel so sorry for Tenal Ka who's in dark about everything.

MORE SOON!!!

20. nikjo88

Sep 13, 2005
    Oh no!!
    It's been 2 whole months since the last post!!
    [face_hypnotized] I NEED more!!!

21. DathomiranAuthor

Jan 18, 2005
  22. nikjo88

Sep 13, 2005
    ARGHH!!!
    UP UP UP!!!PLEASE!?[face_batting]

n what abt URBANIA'S VOID???i can't wait to see what happens next!

23. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    OKAY I LOSE BIG TIME. But I am here with good news. XD I have another part to this story -- I've had it written for a very long time, and I hate it because it's short and filler, which is why it isn't posted yet. I always wanted to get to the meat of this story and this one chapter was holding me back from it. I figured, almost a year later that I would just suck it up and post this little dinky part so I can get to all the crazy stuff. ;) Anyways, thank you guys so much for waiting. <33333

And I apologize in advance for how short it is. >_<

---

part XI: THE PREPERATION

By the time Jacen Solo opened his eyes the next morning, Tenel Ka had already emerged from the refresher, her barefeet sliding across the floor as she clasped the top closures on her jumpsuit.

"Morning," he murmured, greeting her.

She corrected him, "Afternoon."

Jacen pulled himself to a sitting position, the heels of his palms rubbing against his eyes. He didn't really know how to begin telling Tenel Ka of what happened to him last night and all the things he heard from Synje -- but luckily she brought up something herself that gave him a way to unravel the conversation he had with the boy the night before."What is this?" Tenel Ka padded over to the edge of the bed, handing him a datapad and an old-fashioned cardkey she retrieved from the nightstand.

Peering down at them for a moment, it took a bit before Jacen's still groggy mind told him to read what was on the datapad. It wasn't much, which he realized when he finally focused his eyes on the dimly lit screen.

I trust you both will need this. I'll be in the courtyard if you need me. And be careful.

It was signed by Synje and that's what snapped the trigger in Jacen's mind when he glanced to the key. "This is the key to the locked wing of the Manor."

Setting both items back on the nightstand beside him, Jacen patted the bed, motioning for Tenel Ka to sit down. He relayed everything that Synje had told him the night before about his eyes and the people who owned the property before and all that -- but for some reason he still left the part out about the girl he had seen in the refresher. It just didn't seem right to bring up at this point, and Jacen still didn't know if she was real or if he had just been hallucinating.

As the two asked each other questions and pieced together things Synje had told her at dinner and him afterwards, it was nighttime across the galaxy on the planet of Hapes.

But that didn't mean Gadell Vessau was asleep.

Seated on the low sill of one of the picture windows along the main corridor of the west wing, Vessau was very much awake. His deep blue eyes drifted out across the gardens below while his feet were up against one side if the window frame, his back against the other.

He had turned into somewhat of an insomniac lately. But instead of complaining about it, Gadell took the opportunity to enjoy the Fountain Palace in a virtually empty state. Guards were posted outside, at all the main entrances like always, but the hallways and corridors were empty -- no handmaidens, no council, no guards, nobody. He would watch the moons, wander up and down the hallways, mumble to himself. Lately he had found himself grabbing one of Ta'a Chume's old pieces of "art" from Naboo -- which had just been big, gaudy balls of thin colored transparisteel -- and dribbling them down the halls, kicking them and tossing them around. He knew Tenel Ka didn't care about them. And Isolder wasn't fond of them at all, so he figured he could get away with stealing the "art" and using it for his own amusement.

He sat there now, reclined in the window sill, a piece of Dornish fruit in his left hand which he would occaionsally lift to his mouth to nibble at. He counted four of the seven moons -- the other three hiding above the Palace -- and sighed slowly, his eyes drifting shut momentarily.

The fruit slipped from his hand and bounced to the floor, rolling a few feet away before Gadell's eyes shot open and he jumped a bit, realizing he had almo

24. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    OMG YOU'RE BACK.

[:D]

25. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Eeeee! *hugs* I am back, seriously this time. XD Muahahah~!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.