main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hollywood Bar & Filmworks has Midnight movie SAT night.

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by aaron011, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaron011

aaron011 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    Hollywood Bar & Filmworks, downtown, has a MIDNIGHT SHOWING of rocky horror picture show every SAT night. Let's Change the MOVIE that night.

We were thinking if enough people called and asked for SpiderMan or ANYTHING ELSE, they would oblige for this one SAT night, the 4th.

Phone: 317-231-9250 (ask for manager)

email: email@filmworksonline.com (courtesy of MAXIMUSVADER)

2. Shequan

Shequan Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    What do you have against Rocky Horror??
    That would be fun...

3. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    *would love to do the Time Warp in Jedi Robes*

4. MaximusVader

MaximusVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    Rocky Horror is fun like once. After that, unless you are a hardcore fan, it is a very niche genre film. I liked it up until actually going one night and "experienceing" it with a group of those "fans".

Never...............again.

Besides, checking their site, that weekend is one where they will not be showing Rocky Horror.

Let's see if we can find out what they WILL be showing.

5. aaron011

Mar 31, 2002
    nothing against Rocky, Seen it many times. Just burnt out on it , I guess.

6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah the one and only time I tried to go they didn't have it that weekend. Even ran down to the Goodwill and got myself an interesting outfit for it. I could see where it could get old, though.

7. MaximusVader

Oct 16, 2001
    Gary from Hollywood Bar & Filmworks got back to me today and said that they will not be getting SpiderMan that weekend. He also said what I already knew and that is that there is no way to get any of the Star Wars films because Lucas holds the exclusive distribution over them and holds it VERY tightly.

He went on to say that they would have Lord of the Rings, and that he thought that would be good for the audience from the Celebration. I asked him if he knew what else they would be showing that weekend and am waiting for him to get back to me on that. Don't know about anyone else, but I have seen LOTR enough times now (not to mention the fact that I have a bootleg DVD).

Has anyone else contacted HB&FW?

8. aaron011

Mar 31, 2002
    Yeah, I did last night. I asked for a manager, but all I got to do give a brief synopsis of what's up and gave them my name and #.
    Ditto on LOTR. Maybe A HORROR SHOW?????

9. MaximusVader

Oct 16, 2001
    I just posted some official information about this. Let's try and get this thing moving and see how many people are interested.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.