main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Hollywood Death Watch

Discussion in 'Community' started by Zaz, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Very sad. He was a great actor.

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Whaaaaat?! :( :( :(

RIP Pete. @};- He was a great actor, I really liked him - I saw him first in Dragonheart, which has a very special place in my heart, because it was filmed in Slovakia (more specifically, in the region where I live).

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He absolutely owned The Lost World- his absence from the final act is the biggest problem with that movie.

"Let's get this movable feast underway."

Sad to here he's gone- he was awesome in almost any role- even the too-comedic role he had in Dragonheart.

4. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I always liked him in The Usual Suspects. The knowing looks he gives made it more mysterious who they were for until the end scene. And he is also the voice in the Chumbawumba hit, Tubthumping, which has an excerpt from Brassed Off. Great actor who will be missed.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    A very fine actor, often under-rated @};-

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Oh, man, this just sucks. He always brought a good game to whatever film he was in; Alien 3, The Usual Suspects, The Lost World. Definitely a standout actor who never got the level of fame he deserved.

7. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Anne Francis (1930-2011)
    [image=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8k7m4e2TYeU/TCQPr-EaUkI/AAAAAAAAJF4/xpvMrkFpYPg/s1600/afp.jpg]
    I only know of her from Forbidden Planet.

Bill Erwin (1914-2010)

[image=http://im.in.com/connect/images/profile/sep2009/Bill_Erwin_300.jpg]
    I had to look at his picture to remember who he was, but yeah he's one of those people you've seen in a ton of movies/TV series it seems.

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I remember him specifically as the old man in the airport in Home Alone. Only a tiny role, but quite memorable for me.

9. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    Anne Francis reunited with her recently deceased co-star in "Forbidden Planet", Leslie Nielsen.

10. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Since "Stuck In the Middle With You" is part of a fairly famous film scene, does Gerry Rafferty count as a Hollywood death?

11. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Francis also starred in 1960s television series Honey West, for which she received an Emmy nomination and a Golden Globe win.

Honey West lasted only one season from 1965-66. But the character she played, a private detective who was sexy, stylish and as good with martial arts as she was with a gun, made an impression.

I only knew of her from Forbidden Planet as well. There's a local cable network in Chicago called "ME-TV" that for the past couple of months has been running episodes of Honey West. I think the decision to air old episodes had to do the popularity of "Mad Men," because Honey West very much represents the early 60's in attitude and fashion. I'm sure more episodes will be aired now.

But if you have a chance to see any episodes of Honey West, it's certainly a fun window into a past era, especially if you happen to like Mad Men and such...

12. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Peter Yates, 1929-2010

Director of a few good movies, and a lot of dross.

13. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Interesting career; tried his hand a lot of genres. From Cliff Richard vehicles to Boston crime dramas to slick cop films to schlocky fantasy to stage adaptations... didn't always work, but there's some very strong films in his resume.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The only one of his films I have seen was Don Quixote with John Lithgow. Having read the book I think he adapted it pretty well, and Lithgow was hilarious in the title role.

15. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Confirmed on January 5th, 2011:

Per Oscarsson (1927-2010)

Swedish actor most famous as the starving writer in the film "Sult" ("Hunger") (1966). He died tragically in a house fire.

16. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  17. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Per Oscarsson was one of those iconic actors here in Sweden, you instantly recognised his quite neurotic characters. The house caught fire and nobody noticed anything until the daughter came to visit them and the house was all burnt down.

18. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    You can imagine how she felt when she saw it.

@};-RIP.

19. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  20. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [image=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OQmEa5OKyOI/SfziNZxEcqI/AAAAAAAAOWM/3d5MimsD6rg/s400/SusannahYorkD221.jpg]

@};-

21. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    For those who may not immediately be aware, York played Lara in the Donner/Reeve Superman films. Her gentle voice and maternal, understanding demeanor, particularly in the Lester-directed II, were essential to our feeling for Superman's choice to love and become human, She was a beautiful, soothing presence in those films, and she will be missed. @};-

22. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    No offence meant, but it was kind of depressing to note that she is described as 'Superman's Mom' in a lot of the obituary headlines. She had quite a long career, starting in 1959, with some interesting films on the list, such as "Tom Jones" and "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?". She's very professional and very pretty, and perhaps somewhat lacking in charisma. But what probably doomed her career in the mid to late 70's was her choice of material; it was often risky, and just as often, didn't pay off.

23. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  24. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
  25. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    :oops:Old news!

I saw it in the most popular headlines on a news page and linked to it without thinking.

Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.