Amph Hollywood Death Watch

Discussion in 'Community' started by Zaz, Mar 17, 2005.

1. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    I heard that Macho Man died today.
  2. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I guess he *does* feature as entertainment, rather than sport, now that I think about it, so here goes:

Randy "Macho Man" Savage

Very young. Steroids?
  3. Mr44 VIP

star 6
    Probably mixed with drug use. I don't know if they were ever actually a real couple, but the blurb I saw also mentioned that his famous wrestling stage girlfriend/manager Elizabeth also died from a drug overdose. So even if Savage kicked the habit, I wonder what long term strain was put on his heart.

All those Slim Jims probably didn't help his cholesterol level either.
  4. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  5. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Another B5 cast member leaves us to go beyond the rim...
  6. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  7. DAR Force Ghost

star 4
    I know he wasn't a big star but Wally Boag passed away. Mr. Boag was a fixture at Disneyland starring in the Disneyland Horseshoe Revue. He was also the voice of Jose in the Enchanted Tiki Room. And was on the Muppet Show a few times. He was 90
  8. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  9. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  10. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Peter Falk, 1927-2011

Played an iconic character, the scruffy, bumbling little police detective, who always caught the big fancy snotty crook. Never tired of watching him do it, either.
  11. Django211 Force Ghost

star 4
    Very sad to hear. He was in bad shape the past few years from Alzheimer's. It was always fun to see him in films outside his Columbo role. He had a knack for comedy. He is absolutely terrific in "The In-Laws". A great great comedy teaming him with Alan Arkin. Absolutely hysterical and they have wonderful chemistry together.
  12. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    I never actually saw Columbo, but I loved him in The Princess Bride.
  13. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Two very talented actresses today:

Anna Massey (aged 73) and Margaret Tyzack (aged 79).

Massey starred in Michael Powell's "Peeping Tom" and Hitchcock's "Frenzy"; Tyzack was in the brilliant "I, Claudius" BBC Mini-series, as Claudius' unloving mom, Antonia.

14. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5

Ms. Tyzack did something pretty remarkable for an actress: she appeared in two Stanley Kubrick films, BACK TO BACK! 2001 A Space Odyssey and A Clockwork Orange.

She also had a small role in Woody Allen's Match Point if memory serves me correctly.
  15. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    So sad for Margaret Tyzack. I loved her as Antonia, but she was a little old for her at the start.
  16. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Re: Peter Falk; do you know who the biggest "Columbo" fan ever was? Emperor Hirohito of Japan. When he visited California, Falk was the person he wanted to meet. Hmmm. Kind of revealing.

Anna Massey is a member of a distinguished Canadian family that made farming implements; the company's known as Massey Ferguson. Her uncle was Governor-General of Canada; her dad was Raymond Massey, and her brother was Daniel Massey, both actors. Her mother was Adrienne Allen, a Brit actress; when Allen and Raymond Massey divorced, Allen married her divorce lawyer and her ex married his wife. Both marriages lasted. (!) Her brother divorced *his* wife and immediately married her sister. Hmmm.

Tyzack grew into Antonia. I was interested to see she had played Miss Prism...love to see that!

17. Champion of the Force Force Ghost

star 4
    Bit late, but Sherwood Schwartz (TV producer, creator of Gilligan's Island and The Brady Bunch) died earlier in the week.

Sherwood Schwartz dies at 94
  18. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  19. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I know his son, or knew him. Haven't seen him in decades. But Roberts was already an old man when his son was a teenager. His son grew up in the Midwest, half a continent away from his father.
  20. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Wiki says he had a son named Michael.
  21. madman007 Force Ghost

star 4
    Roberts Blossom will always be known to me as George LeBay in Christine. "Had that new car smell. That's just about the finest smell in the world, 'cept maybe for pussy.?

[image=http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0018/A9/AF/A9AFBEFB1DBB1C1150A69A_Large.jpg]
  22. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Cliff Robertson 1923-2011

They don't mention his best role--IMO--the Richard Nixon figure in "The Best Man". Nor the Begelman scandal.
  23. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5

Cliff Robertson was a fine actor. I always thought it was ironic that he was probably best known to most younger people as the one who tells Peter Parker that "with great power comes great responsibility." It was Robertson who blew the whistle in real life on a powerful Hollywood studio boss who abused his power and responsibility, and Robertson didn't work for 4 years because of it. Luckily he was married to one of the world's richest women or he might have starved.
  24. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    How about the guy who played Spartacus in the first season. He just passed away as well.
  25. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6