NYC, NY Hollywood Goes Digital!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Oola002, Jul 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oola002 Jedi Padawan

Thanks again SWNYC for having your meeting at the Brooklyn Museum of Art. It was a great success!!
    I thought you all would be interested in this:
    Saturday, August 4 @ 4pm
    Brooklyn Museum of Art Auditorium
    Hollywood Goes Digital!
    The Culture of Digital Filmmaking at the BMA
    Learn how filmmakers use digital technology to create dazzling visual effects! NYU's Peter Bardazzi hosts this discussion with Industrial Light and Magic's Tad Leckman and Oscar-winner Michael Wahrman, featuring clips from top Hollywood films and sneak previews of new visual effect!
    This event is FREE with Museum admission
    Call 718-638-5000 x 931 for tickets
  2. Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks alot Oola002,I didn't know that but thats great espically for my brother & me since we are starting our own indi.film production company.I have to agree about the Brooklyn museum,that meeting was great & the prospects for our involvement with this looks to be spectacular.Now remember folks we have to get ALL THE NYC Star Wars fans out there to support the Brooklyn Museum in this,it could benifit us in the long run.
  3. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    I will definately try to make it, I sent the info to be posted on the main TFN Page.

EDIT:

posted here
  4. Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will try to make it also.
  5. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks to YOU, Oola and the BMA for having us. This sounds like a great opportunity to get together and call it a gathering :)

Anyone else interested?

6. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    OOPs! I spoke too soon. Turn out I can't make this Saturday. I have been neglecting planning my house building for some time now so we have to meet with the builders this Sat. I hope any who go have a GREAT time. it sounds really cool.
  7. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    If anyone is going, see yah tomorrow.
  8. jandimin Jedi Knight

star 2
    ladysith, where are you building a house?
  9. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    We bought land in PA! It's in a develpoment near Buskill with several lakes, a creek and 4 pools (two indoor 2 outdoor) It will have a Kickin' home theater, almost an acre of land and lots of space for guests to come and stay over! But we will not be moving up there full time for several years, and even then you can take me out of NY (area) but you can't take the NY outta me! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.