main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Hollywood Reporter: It's time to stop pretending that the SW prequels are important (?)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Tyranus_Reborn, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Tyranus_Reborn

Tyranus_Reborn Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2014
  2. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I don't give two *****. Doesn't effect my enjoyment so it doesn't matter.

Gamiel, MagnaZero, -Jedi Joe- and 6 others like this.
  3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    another day another dumb prequel bashing article

4. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    Time to stop pretending this dudes opinion matter..this whole piece was indicative of inflated opinion of self importance.who cares..why let anyone tell you what you cant and can enjoy...

Although I admit the prequel hate in the lead up to the new movie as part of the hype has been tiresome..they were huge hits at the time at the box office and people were gushing about them,more then anything.

Until you remember again that many people are often sheep like in behavior and not very intelligent ,they like to mimic others to feel more smart...I dont take it personal..lets not pretend star wars is Ibsen or War and peace either..but special in its own indulgent way,its fun..

5. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Dumb clickbait in the runup to TFA.

6. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015

I couldn't care less about this article, nor the Hollywood Reporter. It's not an author of a tabloid who will tell me how I have to like and appreciate Star Wars.

Besides, the Hollywood Reporter was one of the media outlets who reported this boycott campaign against the release of the Blu-Ray, 4 years ago, because some fans were angry that the theatrical version of the OT wasn't included in the box set: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-tweaked-darth-vader-230427

They were seeing this news as a possible hindrance to the success of the box set and were only trying to flatter some haters. But those media were deceived since the sell of the Blu-Ray was a massive success. It only shows you what the position of the Hollywood Reporter is towards Star Wars and the prequels, even if at the beginning of this article they said:

With this quote at the beginning of the article, they are only trying to flatter some fans who do like the prequels and attract their attention.

7. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    That doesn't make sense since the reviewer back then & this writer are two different people. Unless you think the HR should have a collective consciousness, a hive mind.

8. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    I wrote a rebuttal to this on my tumblr today because that line about the prequels not being what pops up in people's minds when Star Wars is mentioned really ticked me off.

Gatekeeping at it's finest.

ThisHurricane likes this.
  9. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    What a hot take.

10. meandmyox

meandmyox Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2015
    Check out the same article on Yahoo News.... even more misinformed prequel hate on there. Same mumbo jumbo in the comments. "Terrible plots, poor casting, cheesy characters, emotionless acting, shallow dialogue, shoddy CGI; nothing was done right". While I would like to address those complaints, its a waste of time.

11. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Oh my! An opinion that doesn't affect me one way or another unless I let it to!

Darth Downunder and Darkslayer like this.
  12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Why does this thread exist?

13. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Thanks for the laughs, Tyranus_Reborn. Comedy gold.

Did Kasdan really say the prequels obviously have a "certain feel." What the heck is that supposed to mean?

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Because some posters want to have threads where they can feel superior to those put-upon, down-trodden PT fans... do you all think PT fans should continue to let the world at large think it is correct that the PT sucks because no one sticks up for it? How many years of biting our tongues do you want?

Are we not entitled to roll our eyes? To counter lies with truth?

Yeah, yeah...I know exactly how the response goes - like what you like, ignore the media, be happy and safely tucked away in our own little worlds...

15. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015

Good question. I didn't even bother reading the entire article.

16. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Well this escalated quickly.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015

In fact, since I ignored the media, not just when it is related to the PT, but when it is related to anything (politics, events, crisis, etc...) it seems that I'm more happy. I used to pay a lot of attention to what is written in the newspaper or told in TV. But since I disconnected myself from the media, I have more time for myself and do things that I like. Are there any good news in the media these days to pay attention to it?

18. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Looks like a carbon copy of about a hundred other articles by "professional critics"

I learned a while ago to stop batting an eyelash at these things

19. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

I admit that it's not what _I_ think of, but I found the writers assumption that he speaks for everyone to be pretentious and, well, a bit rude. I don't see what the point of it was. Thumbs down.

20. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    mods, can we please put these negative articles/peoples negative opinions in one thread?

they are in my opinion bringing the forum down.

If you look over at CT/Saga there are interesting topics that have actually to do with the films themselves. I'd much rather read things like "who won Yoda or Sidious" or "did Anakin really love Anakin as a brother" heck (And I cannot believe I'm going to say this) I'd rather see another thread on Anakin and the Tuskens.

In other words: ALL these threads on "Jerry Springer hates the PT" "the key grip for ROTS said Jar Jar sucks" are the reason I'm coming to his particular forum less and less.

DO we as fans really give two hoots what these insignificant people and bloggers have to say?

*I'd have put this in comms...but don't feel it's important enough to put there.

21. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    They gotta make sure that status quo stays in place. Just watch. They'll keep coming in here and painting us as irrational rabid cannibals without trying to understand why PT fans are getting upset and feeling marginalized.

22. SeventySeven

SeventySeven Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    Well if you really wanted the films to fade away into obscurity people could stop making youtube videos about how 'Lucas got it wrong' 15 years after the event. Or new 'Jar Jar is a Sith' skits, or 'how I simply must have a go at them just once again prior to the new film comes out', or 'our TFA run up marathon', or what TFA should not do etc etc.

Stop writing articles about them when there is a new film to talk about, stop referencing them against the new film instead of just writing about the new film.

`The films have not been shown for a decade almost - so that was plenty of time for them to fade away. Nobody bought the DVD's and Blue Rays obviously except the people who hate them, and wanted to moan at the new changes - so you only have yourselves to blame.

If they are not important - why are you writing about them?

Nothing to do with Star Wars will fade away, because it magically attracts mega clicks - and is irresistible for lazy journalism.

Have the courage of you convictions - take the DVD's - we know you have them - down to the charity shops, and never mention them again anywhere ever.

betcha can't.

23. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    The Blurays of the whole saga are sitll in top 50 all time. I've asked people to explain who bought them if everyone is supposed to hate the prequels... still haven't heard a reasonable explanation.

24. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    I ask that question all the time, particularly in the 7SA threads, NaTaLie. Like you, I've never gotten a response that didn't go past, "Justin Bieber is popular too."

My response is usually, "Ooookay. That doesn't really address the point though..."

SW Saga Fan likes this.
  25. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Or, 'it's the brand'. Terminator 2 was the box office champ. T3 was a flop. Surely noone would wanna go back after scrappy TPM?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk