main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

holocam effect

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by one_with_the_saber, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. one_with_the_saber

one_with_the_saber Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    ok... I am realitvely ok at special effects, and I was wondering if there is any type of tutorial for doing the holocam effect in adobe after effects standard? I mean the blue hologram that is used to relay messages throughout thw SW universe.

please post something if you know something.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm sure there is a way to take an image and change the color to look like the blue transmission from a holo-projector. It would probably involve filming the person to be in the hologram against a green-screen then changing that image, and sticking it into a scene. The best place to check for the answers you seek would probably be in the Fan Films boards.

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Are you looking to do this for a still photo or video?

4. one_with_the_saber

Jul 14, 2005
    i am doing this for a film that i am doing with some friends. so, to answer your question, for film.

5. one_with_the_saber

Jul 14, 2005
    so...does any one want to try and help me find a decent tutorial on how to do this effect?...or am I going to be left in the dust here?

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Try going to the Fan Films forum. They will have the best source of experts and may have an existing thread for this kind of trick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.