main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Holocaust *NJO AU* {Tahiri/Anakin/Jaina + Others} - Question to my readers of old...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Title: Holocaust
    Author: Jedi-Ant
    Timeframe: Mid to late NJO Era.
    Genre: Action, angst, drama, adventure, romance ? a bit of everything.
    Characters: Tahiri, Ganner, Jag, L/M, H/L, Kyp, Zekk, Tenel Ka, Anakin, Jaina? plus a heap of other characters from the GFFA!
    Summary: After a devastating loss at Myrkr, the Jedi and their allies are struggling to pick up the pieces. The Yuuzhan Vong, however, are reveling in their shock victory, and take this sudden advantage over their enemies with a blow so low, it will change the shape of the galaxy forever.
    Notes: This is a sequel to my first ever epic, Sacrifice. But not to worry... those who haven?t read it will be able to pick the plotline up fairly easily.

For those of you who have never read Sacrifice, or those of you who have forgotten, here?s a quick re-cap:

Previously in Sacrifice...

The journey began with Sith Lord Jacen Solo, his Dark Apprentice Tahiri Veila at his side, attempting to put an end to the long-raging civil war between the Galactic Alliance and the Corellian insurgents.

At first, things were going well for Solo and his soldiers; the rebels were falling, and victory seemed to be within his grasp. Unfortunately for him, he?d put his trust in the wrong person. Ben Skywalker had betrayed him, and waiting just beyond the borders of hyperspace was a trap even the mastery of a Sith Lord couldn?t break.

The Galactic Alliance was losing, and Tahiri?s allegiance was wavering. In a desperate move, Jacen confronted his apprentice and his parents, killing them all in a fit of uncontrollable rage. Revolted by what he had done, Jacen clutched at the last of Tahiri?s life, vowing to make things right and stop the evil transformation that had destroyed a galaxy.

With that promise in mind, a cleansed Jacen Solo returned to the point his dark path had begun, taking a flow walk back to Myrkr, with an older Tahiri at his side once more. From this, they were able to transfer some of the older Tahiri?s memories to her younger counterpart, leaving her to guide the young Jacen to a sacrifice he should have always made.

Now knowing the outcome of the Myrkr mission, the young Tahiri pushed the strike team in a different direction, and subsequently took the amphistaff wound to the abdomen that was meant for her boyfriend, Anakin.

The battle meld fell into disarray; the darkness was everywhere, and their trust in each other had long since evaporated. Tahiri?s meddling with the mission had resulted in more deaths than before, and more unease than she?d ever thought possible.

On top of everything else, Jacen Solo?s darkside descent had started early, and Tahiri?s trust in him crumbled until it was nonexistent. His choice already made up, Jacen continued on with his plan, plunging head on into the jaws of the voxyn queen and sacrificing himself for the survival of his siblings, his parents, and the galaxy.

Jacen?s sacrifice did not come without a price. His siblings, enraged with grief and loss, left the strike team behind to make a last ditch-effort to save his life. This rash decision sealed their fate, and together, Jaina and Anakin dove into a swarm of Yuuzhan Vong warriors, determined to go down fighting, just like their brother.

The remaining members of the strike team, now in the control of the decoy leader, Ganner Rhysode, took the battered Tachyon Flier and left the Myrkr system, leaving behind perhaps the galaxy?s greatest hope since Luke Skywalker himself.

[i][b]Dramatis Personae[/b][/i]

Anakin Solo - Jedi Knight
    Alema Ra - Jedi Knight
    Jaina Solo - Jedi Knight
    Jacen Solo - Jedi Knight
    Tahiri Veila - Jedi Knight
    Ganner Rhysode - Jedi Knight
    Luke Skywalker - Grand Jedi Master
    Mara Jade Skywalker - Jedi Master
    Leia Organa Solo - Co-pilot of the [i]Millennium Falcon[/i] and former diplomat
    Han S

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm first. Ha ha. :D

Looks extremely cool, Ant.

Mysterious Woman: "The question is, dear girl... how far are you willing to go to save the people you love?"
    Oooh - tantalising. :)

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    This sounds very interesting.

Could you put me on the PM list, please?

4. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    ok i am terrified by your trailers Ant!

PHS Weyr

5. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    Yeah, it's me. Been a while, I know. I finally got around to looking upp your teasers for this new story, and wow, it looks like its going to be great!

Please add me to the PM list, if it's not too much trouble.

6. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Tahi:

I'm first. Ha ha.

=D=

Looks extremely cool, Ant.

Thank you. :D

Oooh - tantalising.

Thanks. :)

Ceillean:

This sounds very interesting.

Thank you. :)

Could you put me on the PM list, please?

No problem, you?re on the list. :D Thanks for your interest.

PHGS_Weyr:

ok i am terrified by your trailers Ant!

I?m glad [face_devil] Sorry, I just felt like being evil. :p

Darth_Vastor:

Yeah, it's me. Been a while, I know. I finally got around to looking upp your teasers for this new story, and wow, it looks like its going to be great!

Aww, thanks! [:D] And thank you also for your lovely comments on the last chapter of Sacrifice :* They really made my day! :)

Please add me to the PM list, if it's not too much trouble.

It?s no trouble at all, you?re on the list. :D Thanks for your interest, and I?ll reply to your response in the other thread when I get home from work this evening. [face_peace]

Thanks for the interest and enthusiasm, guys!! [:D] It means so much to me. Hopefully the first post won?t disappoint ? it?s the prologue, so it?s only short, but I?ll have the very first chapter up the week after, as it?s already completed.

Oh, and only two more sleeps to go?

Ant.
    ]-}

7. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    A/N: Here it is - September 1st is here (maybe only for half and hour, but it's here!), and so is the very first post of Holocaust. :D

It's only a very short one this week, but the first chapter is significantly longer, and jumps straight into the think of things from the get-go, so I hope you'll all enjoy the ride.

Thanks for your interest. :)

Ant.
    ]-}

Prologue:

The little ship sailed through the vast nothingness of space, passing stars, planets, and great supernovas of burning white light. Crystalline luminescence glittered through the wide transparent viewport, casting speckles of tiny golden balls dancing across the control panel and cockpit.

The beauty of such a sight was lost on the handful of life forms aboard the battered vessel. They cared for only one thing; to look upon just thing? home. Never in their short existence had they ever missed something as much as they missed home: the familiarity of their surroundings, the smell of their soft pillow as it rested under their heads and the voices of their loved ones as they whispered in their ears.

It was almost too much for these young warriors to fathom; these Jedi, that had spent their entire lives fighting for a cause they knew little about, would, in a few short hours, be home, for the first time in what seemed like years. Normally, such joyous news would warrant a celebration, or at least, ecstatic cries; however, for these Jedi, they could do nothing but weep.

Not all of the brave souls who?d risked their lives on the planet Myrkr would be returning home like they?d wanted: Ulaha, Eryl, Krasov, Jovan and Bela were all gone, and more recently, Alema Ra, Jacen, Jaina and Anakin Solo. All lost; all casualties of a war that had spanned their lifetimes, and still raged on in their absence.

So that was why the survivors sat, huddled together on the cold durasteel floor, their spirits broken, and their thoughts focused on the soothing comforts of home. Thoughts of home, after all, were they only things keeping them all going following such a horrific ordeal.

After what seemed to them like an eternity, but had actually been little more than a day, the tiny freighter
    Tachyon Flier touched down in docking bay of the Jedi Temple on Ossus. Random faces mixed with the familiar ran to meet them as they trudged down the lowered landing ramp, gasps of shock and anguish meeting the sight of their tattered robes and blood red skin.

The leader disembarked first, his handless arm wrapped in a loose tourniquet of ripped jumpsuit material. Following him were the Barabel and Wookiee, the latter of whom was holding a very delicate body with a short mop startling blonde. The rest of the motley crew came then; alien and human alike, all with the same vacant expression on their faces, the fire that usually resided in their soulful eyes long since extinguished.

It was an awful sight to behold; so young, yet so broken. To heal such ingrained wounds would take years, and unfortunately for these young Jedi, they had mere days to collect themselves, before they would once again be shipped off to fight in a war they no longer cared whether they won or lost.

The scars from that fateful mission to Myrkr would be with them forever, and the outcome of that final day - the day they had lost not just one, but four beautiful friends - would forever dominate their destiny.

Only time would tell which way this great loss would sway their futures.

TBC.

8. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Dude!!! No thats a cool prologue, very dark!

I'm actually terrified!

OHH and FIRST!

PHGS Weyr

9. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    WOW! Great prologue, teasers etc.....

I'm so ready for this sequel! :D

10. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Great prologue. I have to agree, very dark.

I really like it so far.
    Can't wait for more. Good job. ;)

11. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Yay, it's begun [face_dancing]

I've been looking forward to this [/Dooku] [face_devil]

Love the artwork and the trailers, as you already know :D

Now to get down to the good stuff:

The little ship sailed through the vast nothingness of space, passing stars, planets, and great supernovas of burning white light. Crystalline luminescence glittered through the wide transparent viewport, casting speckles of tiny golden balls dancing across the control panel and cockpit.

Wow, what a beautiful opening =D=

Not all of the brave souls who?d risked their lives on the planet Myrkr would be returning home like they?d wanted: Ulaha, Eryl, Krasov, Jovan and Bela were all gone, and more recently, Alema Ra, Jacen, Jaina and Anakin Solo. All lost; all casualties of a war that had spanned their lifetimes, and still raged on in their absence.

:_|

Well, Jaina and Anakin are still alive at least. And I still think flow walking Sith-Jacen is lurking around [face_worried]

The leader disembarked first, his handless arm wrapped in a loose tourniquet of ripped jumpsuit material.

Teh Ganner!

It was an awful sight to behold; so young, yet so broken. To heal such ingrained wounds would take years, and unfortunately for these young Jedi, they had mere days to collect themselves, before they would once again be shipped off to fight in a war they no longer cared whether they won or lost.
    The scars from that fateful mission to Myrkr would be with them forever, and the outcome of that final day - the day they had lost not just one, but four beautiful friends - would forever dominate their destiny.
    Only time would tell which way this great loss would sway their futures.

Amazing start, Ant =D= Really enjoyed the prologue. It's nice to see at least some of the Myrkr team make it home. I was afraid the Flier wouldn't make it out of the system.

Looking forward to seeing what became of Anakin and Jaina. They were in a pretty dire situation when we left them a month ago [face_praying] I have a feeling the Vong are going to take them prisoner and we're going to see some Traitor-esque torture going on.

Can't wait for more. Beautiful writing!

12. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    I got down to the PM list and was so hurt and...distraught...that I couldn't go on. How am I not on that list?

Nah...I'm kidding. About the hurt and distraught part anyway. And now that I've teased you about that, I'm going to go play tennis and then, after a dinner party come home nad read the prologue.

And yes, I would like to be on the PM list, I know I haven't been around much ( work and real life have been whipping me) but I do check in from time to time.

PP

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow... so now instead of being fired up and revved up... hopelessness and despair and apathy dominate.... That's no way to fight a war and certainly no way to win. It robs even a victory of any meaning. :_| :_|

Where's the fire, the drive gonna come from????

And the title.... Holocaust *shudder!*

14. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    PHGS_Weyr:

Dude!!! No thats a cool prologue, very dark!

Thank you. I actually changed the prologue about 4 times, and I?ve changed the order the first few chapters are in just about the same amount of times! 8-} Glad you liked it. :)

I'm actually terrified!

LOL! Sorry about that, but part of me is actually glad you?re a little scared.. [face_devil]

OHH and FIRST!

=D=

Thanks for reading!

iamobiwan1970:

WOW! Great prologue, teasers etc.....

Thank you. :D

I'm so ready for this sequel!

Yay! I?m glad! [face_dancing] The first chapter will be posted next Saturday.

Thanks for reading. [:D]

Ceillean:

Great prologue. I have to agree, very dark.

Thanks. Yes, it was a bit dark, and a lot of the fic is going to follow that path, I?m afraid. I like angst. :p

I really like it so far.
    Can't wait for more. Good job.

Thank you very much! :D More will be coming next Saturday.

Thanks for reading and jumping on board with this one. [:D]

YodaKenobi:

Yay, it's begun

I love your enthusiasm! [face_love]

I've been looking forward to this [/Dooku]

LOL! [face_laugh] :*

Love the artwork and the trailers, as you already know

Yes, thank you. :)

Now to get down to the good stuff:

Wow, what a beautiful opening

Aww, thanks. [face_blush]

Well, Jaina and Anakin are still alive at least. And I still think flow walking Sith-Jacen is lurking around

Well, I?ll just say that you?ll find out all of the answers to who?s alive and who?s still walking around in due course? one person who we?re not sure made it through the severe injuries will appear in the next update. [face_shhh]

Teh Ganner!

Indeed! :D I can?t not kill him and then not use him.. he?ll be around quite a bit in this one. ;)

Amazing start, Ant. Really enjoyed the prologue. It's nice to see at least some of the Myrkr team make it home. I was afraid the Flier wouldn't make it out of the system.

Aww, thank you! :* I?m so happy you enjoyed this *does a little happy ant dance* And yes, I had to have some of them make it home at least, but whether they stay there for very long is another thing? [face_whistling]

Looking forward to seeing what became of Anakin and Jaina. They were in a pretty dire situation when we left them a month ago I have a feeling the Vong are going to take them prisoner and we're going to see some Traitor-esque torture going on.

You could be spot on there, but I think something of what becomes of those two will surprise you quite a bit. [face_mischief] I?m not sure what chapter that will appear in yet, as it?s still all in note form, and I keep changing what numerical order everything is in. 8-}

Can't wait for more. Beautiful writing!

Thank you so much! [:D] I?m really happy that you enjoyed it!! Thanks for reading!

pregnantpadme:

I got down to the PM list and was so hurt and...distraught...that I couldn't go on. How am I not on that list?

[face_blush]

Oh, I?m sorry! I didn?t want to hassle everyone on the old list with PM notification for the new one in case they didn?t want any, so I just figured they would come to me. [face_blush] Oops.

Nah...I'm kidding. About the hurt and distraught part anyway. And now that I've teased you about that, I'm going to go play tennis and then, after a dinner party come home nad read the prologue.

Ok, I hope you enjoy it! :D And I hope you have fun at tennis and the dinner party. [face_peace]

And yes, I would like to be on the PM list, I know I haven't been around much ( work and real life have been whipping me) but I do check in from time to time.

Don?t worry,

15. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    Hi :)
    Good prologue.
    make chapters longer and please include more of the other characters. plz make this one like the Revel Dream duology where all the non-jedi characters also had great roles.
    update soon.

PS>>>> remember... WE WANT JACEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_peace]

16. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I read the prologue. Great start, Ant.

17. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Ant:
    Sorry that it took me so long ? [:D]

Title: Holocaust

It has started, [face_dancing] :p

Timeframe: Mid to late NJO Era.

You have quite a lot of work ahead of you :p

Characters: Tahiri,

She survived [face_dancing]

Ganner, Jag,

[face_love] Jag [face_love]

L/M, H/L, Kyp,

[face_dancing] he was being missed in the last part ;)

Zekk,

[face_skull]

:p

Tenel Ka, Anakin, Jaina? plus a heap of other characters from the GFFA!

[face_laugh] Yobs would have written them all down :p ;)

For those of you who have never read Sacrifice, or those of you who have forgotten, here?s a quick re-cap:

o_O :p

Previously in Sacrifice...

The journey began with Sith Lord Jacen Solo, his Dark Apprentice Tahiri Veila at his side, attempting to put an end to the long-raging civil war between the Galactic Alliance and the Corellian insurgents.

This Jacen ? [face_whistling] :p

With that promise in mind, a cleansed Jacen Solo returned to the point his dark path had begun, taking a flow walk back to Myrkr, with an older Tahiri at his side once more. From this, they were able to transfer some of the older Tahiri?s memories to her younger counterpart, leaving her to guide the young Jacen to a sacrifice he should have always made.

But it was not really smart either, no?

The remaining members of the strike team, now in the control of the decoy leader, Ganner Rhysode, took the battered Tachyon Flier and left the Myrkr system, leaving behind perhaps the galaxy?s greatest hope since Luke Skywalker himself.

Would their have been a chance to save them? [face_thinking]

[b][u][i]Prologue: [/i][/u][/b]

[i]The little ship sailed through the vast nothingness of space, passing stars, planets, and great supernovas of burning white light. Crystalline luminescence glittered through the wide transparent viewport, casting speckles of tiny golden balls dancing across the control panel and cockpit. [/i]

Great description :D

[i]The beauty of such a sight was lost on the handful of life forms aboard the battered vessel. They cared for only one thing; to look upon just thing? home. Never in their short existence had they ever missed something as much as they missed home: the familiarity of their surroundings, the smell of their soft pillow as it rested under their heads and the voices of their loved ones as they whispered in their ears. [/i]

They have gone through much and difficult times :(

[i]It was almost too much for these young warriors to fathom; these Jedi, that had spent their entire lives fighting for a cause they knew little about, would, in a few short hours, be home, for the first time in what seemed like years. Normally, such joyous news would warrant a celebration, or at least, ecstatic cries; however, for these Jedi, they could do nothing but weep. [/i]

:(

[i]Not all of the brave souls who?d risked their lives on the planet Myrkr would be returning home like they?d wanted: Ulaha, Eryl, Krasov, Jovan and Bela were all gone, and more recently, Alema Ra, Jacen, Jaina and Anakin Solo. All lost; all casualties of a war that had spanned their lifetimes, and still raged on in their absence. [/i]

So many, so many lost to the war

[i]Only time would tell which way this great loss would sway their futures. [/i]

Mhh? :-?

Looking forward to the next part :D

Great start =D=
    Just like the other one ended ? tragic ;)

- Mags

18. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    Oh. My. Stars.

Ant, this is already spectacular. =D=

The trailers were absolutely brilliant. Fascinating. Compelling. Disturbing & deeply chilling. The images of the scenes described are literally flashing before my eyes & giving me the shivers.

But this part:

This passage touches me very powerfully, and I can tell you for a fact that I know just how they feel. Great work.

*Glad to see I'm already on the PM list - I wouldn't want to miss this.

19. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Great Prologue!
    Really looking forward to the first chapter.

20. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
  21. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    shahid_chestro:

Good prologue.

Thanks. :)

make chapters longer and please include more of the other characters. plz make this one like the Revel Dream duology where all the non-jedi characters also had great roles.
    update soon.

Well, I?ve never read the Rebel Dream books, so I don?t know what you mean there [face_blush] I?ve hardly read any of the NJO? just what I?ve managed to get my hands on here in Oz, so I can only work on what I know.

As for the chapter length, they will be a lot longer than the prologue? it was short because it was the prologue. :p And the other characters will all appear in due course.. gotta give it time for the story to develop. ;)

PS>>>> remember... WE WANT JACEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You?ll see Jacen at some stage.. [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading. [face_peace]

Earthknight:

I read the prologue. Great start, Ant.

Thank you. :D And thanks for stopping by.

Maggy:

SQUEE!! [face_dancing] Hey there! *waves*

Sorry that it took me so long ?

That?s fine. :) I?m just so glad you stopped by. [:D]

It has started,

I know, time certainly does fly! :p Glad you?re excited about the starting. :D

You have quite a lot of work ahead of you

*nods*

This is already shaping up to be bigger than Sacrifice? maybe even twice as large :eek: [face_worried]

She survived

[face_shhh]

love Jag love

I know! He?s awesome! :cool:

he was being missed in the last part

Yup, he was. I?ll try and make up for that for you.. ;)

skull

A skull for Zekk? o_O Do you want me to kill him?

Yobs would have written them all down

I?m lazier than Yobs? 8-}

This Jacen ?

[face_whistling]

But it was not really smart either, no?

No, not very smart at all. :(

Would their have been a chance to save them?

Hmmm? we?ll see. [face_shhh]

Great description

Thank you. [:D] As you know, this wasn?t the first choice of prologue? I think this one was the third draft?

They have gone through much and difficult times

And many more to come. :(

So many, so many lost to the war

*nods*

Looking forward to the next part

Thank you. But you already know what the next part is.. ;)

Great start
    Just like the other one ended ? tragic

LOL! Yes, it started where the other left off, that?s for sure. :p Thanks so much for reading and leaving the fabulous review! I?m so glad you enjoyed it. [face_peace]

Jedi_Scribe:

Oh. My. Stars.

[face_blush]

Ant, this is already spectacular.

[face_blush] Thank you so much! :* I?m so happy you liked it!

The trailers were absolutely brilliant. Fascinating. Compelling. Disturbing & deeply chilling. The images of the scenes described are literally flashing before my eyes & giving me the shivers.

Wow.. that is wonderful, I?m ecstatic that you?ve enjoyed everything so much so far! :D [:D] Hopefully the rest won?t disappoint.

But this part:

This passage touches me very powerfully, and I can tell you for a fact that I know just how they feel. Great work.

Thank you so, so much! [:D] I?m glad I was able to touch you with those words. [face_blush] Thank you very much for reading and leaving such a lovely response.

*Glad to see I'm already on the PM list - I wouldn't want to miss this.

That?s ok, I thought you might like to be on the list. :)

star_writer24:

Great Prologue!
    Really looking forward to the first chapter.

Thanks. :) And thanks for reading!

PHGS_Weyr:

22. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Chapter One: White Reality.

The first thing she saw was white. The vivid hue was everywhere - a vast nothingness of stark light, stretching out before her in every direction.

In a single sickening moment, she thought she was dead. It wasn?t a far-fetched notion. The last thing she remembered was drifting off into a deep sleep on Myrkr, and now she was here, stuck in the blinding white light. Where else could she be but in the depths of the netherworld?

Eager to find out more from her surroundings, she pushed in the direction she thought was up, and frowned. Every inch of her body was numb, and as she stared at the pads of her fingers, she realized her eyes were ever so slightly out of focus.

If this was what complete oneness with the Force felt like, then it was seriously overrated.

All of a sudden, she felt something ? a tiny tickle in the back of her throat, overpowering her with the insatiable urge to cough. So she did, letting her lips part as they would in the realm of the living, and holding her chest against the strength of the shuddering movement.

The inside of her neck burnt with the quick expulsion of carbon and oxygen, and for the first time since opening her eyes to the bleakness of what looked to be the afterlife, she really saw where she was.

She wasn?t encased in an expanse of white light like she?d first thought, but was in fact sitting in a tiny room with a white ceiling and floor, enclosed by numerous panels of transparent window steel. The golden lights overhead reflected off the glossy material, giving the walls a semi-opaque appearance.

As she shifted her position, she noticed that she wasn?t sitting, but rather lying; her body held firmly down by a heavy layer of white fabric. A bed. Judging by the aroma wafting through her flared nostrils, a bed in a med-bay.

Her body still too numb to twist against her constraints, the girl was forced to rely on the short darting of her vivid green eyes in order to take in the contents of the small enclosure. A nightstand sat off to one side, a single vase of wilted wildflowers standing on top. Next to the stand was a sheer curtain, hanging from a track bolted into the ceiling and tied in a bunch with a strand of chain.

On the opposite side to the stand and curtain was a low-lying sofa bed covered in an ugly tartan blanket, which was draped lazily over the shoulders of a young male dressed in tan and cream Jedi robes.

?Anakin??

The man sat up instantly upon hearing her voice, his fair head whipping around to face her as the blanket fell to the floor, forgotten. As soon as his eyes met hers, his bleary expression vanished, revealing a smile almost as bright as the white of her sheets.

?Tahiri!? he exclaimed, leaping up from the sofa and rubbing at the stiff muscles in his cheeks. He was at her side in no time, clutching at one of her ice-cold hands as he continued to stare at her in awe. ?How are you feeling??

Her original guess had been wrong. This definitely wasn?t Anakin.

?So, I?m not dead then?? She?d planned on greeting him as ecstatically as he?d done her, but unfortunately, her mouth hadn?t quite caught up with her brain, and had spewed the most ridiculous statement.

He looked at her quizzically for a moment, before his face once again cracked with the vibrancy of his grin. ?Far from it, I?d say. Do you remember who I am??

?Ganner,? she breathed, slightly embarrassed by her reaction. ?Sorry, I was just a little??

?It?s fine, there?s no need to apologize,? he told her, squeezing the hand that was clasped in his. ?You?ve just come out of two months' worth of bacta, so a bit of disorientation is expected.?

?Bacta?? Tahiri repeated. ?For two months??

Her brow creased as she struggled to process this information. It had been two months since the Myrkr mission, and she was only waking up from the healing of her injuries now?

?I know you must have a lot of questions,? Ganner said, voicing her concerns as his worried gaze swept over her.

23. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Oh Tahiri don't beat yourself up as we know the Vong will keep the Solo shildren alive trying to break them....

Great Post Ant!

Thanks for the PM!

*does scary first dance*

PHGS Weyr

24. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    If this was what complete oneness with the Force felt like, then it was seriously overrated.
    Gotta luv Tahiri's attitude [face_laugh]

On the opposite side to the stand and curtain was a low-lying sofa bed covered in an ugly tartan blanket, which was draped lazily over the shoulders of a young male dressed in tan and cream Jedi robes.

?Anakin??

Sorry sweetheart, I don't think so :(

?Ganner,? she breathed, slightly embarrassed by her reaction. ?Sorry, I was just a little??
    Of course. Who else is left anyway?

?Bacta?? Tahiri repeated. ?For two months??
    Now that is what I call some serious battle damage. I don't think I've ever heard of anybody getting dipped for two weeks, let alone two whole months. It's a wonder she's alive at all.

?He?s dead, isn?t he?? she said, her voice breaking.

?Tahiri??

?No, don?t! I need to know what happened, Ganner, so please don?t tell me to rest again. I?m not going to be able to sleep at all until you tell me the truth, so you may as well do it now.?

The man sighed, running a hand through his tousled blonde locks and backtracking a little. He collapsed onto the safety of the sofa cushions, taking a second to compose himself. When he lifted his head to look back into her eyes, a very distinct translucent drop of liquid was rolling off the end of his lashes.

A tear.

Ouch. You are doing an awesome job developing Ganner's character, no doubt about it. Nicely done.

Tahiri?s heart constricted in her chest as soon as she saw the raw emotion that was now lining Ganner?s face, and if she?d been able to raise her hand enough to clutch at the pain, she would have. ?Oh, Anakin!? she moaned, before the other Jedi had even had a chance to speak.

?I?m so sorry, Tahiri??

?You don?t have to be sorry,? she whispered back, dropping her gaze to the floor. ?This is all on me.?

The tears flowed freely from her emerald eyes as she fought to come to terms with just what she?d done. Jacen was dead ? she knew without even asking that it were so ? and now Anakin, too, her beloved, who she?d tried so hard to save. After everything she?d done, and everything his own brother had done, the young man had died anyway.

Again, I swear I can visualize this scene as if it was happening right in front of me. Wow. Great writing.

There could only be one reason for such a failure ? she?d done something wrong. Or worse, she hadn?t tried hard enough.
    Or, there is still more to tell...[face_thinking]

That thought sent a hard, quivering sob through her body, her shoulders shaking violently with the outpouring of her grief. She?d failed him, just like before, only this time it was much, much worse. This time, she?d lied to him, and he?d died thinking that she?d sabotaged everything.

He?d died thinking that she didn?t care.

That is downright cold, Ant - I luv it [face_devil] =D=

All three Solo children ? Jaina, Jacen and Anakin ? had perished on the Myrkr mission. A mission which, when completed without Tahiri?s interference, had resulted in only one Solo death.
    Perhaps...

What had she done?
    The right thing?

25. saber_death

saber_death Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    this is a great start. loved the descriptions in both the prolouge and the first chapter. poor Tahiri thinking she's dead, then realizing she's not, and then finding out that she apparently has gotten all the Solos killed. i wonder how Han and Leia are doing with all this going on.

this looks like another great fic, can't wait for more =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.