main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Holocaust *NJO AU* {Tahiri/Anakin/Jaina + Others} - Question to my readers of old...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    *Steals first* [face_mischief]

I really want to keep you all wondering what the hell I?m thinking.

You could just tell us though [face_whistling]

I don?t even know how to approach them entirely yet. Lucky I?ve got a little while before they get pulled into things.

Damn :(

You?re thinking ahead of things there, I?m impressed! I can?t answer that yet, but as things go on, I think you?ll be able to figure out what?s going to happen government-wise. I can say that there will be no major changes in this fic, but in the next one? that?s another story.

Interesting [face_thinking]

During my time away, I have found a few spare minutes to work on some original fiction, and now that things are easing up for me personally, I'll be spending most of my free time continuing to develop a finished piece of fiction to send to my editor.

Awesome! :D Good luck!

I think this small improvement vastly improves an already stellar opening [face_mischief]

As Mara rounded the corner into the kitchenette, she spotted the object of her frustration and froze, all coherent thoughts drifting away with the shock of what was sitting in front of her, not three feet away. Luke was resting on the floor, his legs spread out at awkward angles, one boot hanging haphazardly on his left foot, the other clutched loosely in his hands. He was staring at it in wonder; his faraway gaze travelling down the length of it and back as it idly twirled over in his fingers.

Luke's really lost it :( Boots are almost never that interesting.

As the vintage wood-paneled door swung on its hinges, she came face to face with someone she definitely hadn?t expected to see so early in the morning ? Kenth Hamner, good friend and newly appointed member of the Jedi Council.

I've never trusted that guy for some reason.

?I?m sorry,? he said after a pause, ?but would you mind fetching your husband? What I have to say is rather important.?

I hope Luke is a little more alert for this. He's not exactly going to inspire confidence in the other Jedi in his current state.

Kenth nodded sagely at this. ?Right. To cut a long story short, we have reason to believe that several of the Jedi Knights who served in the Myrkr mission have deserted the New Republic and its fight against the Vong.?

:eek:

Well, I wasn't expecting him to say that [face_thinking]

Hamner cleared his throat nervously. ?They took an entire legion of ground soldiers with them, a squadron of X-wings, and enough supplies to feed and equip a small army. That doesn?t sound like they?re coming back any time soon, does it??

They could be launching their own attack against the Vong... to save Anakin and Jaina o_O

It took the man a moment to answer; he?d had to pull out a small data pad and click a few tabs on it before he glanced back up at her, his expression somber. ?Tesar Sebatyne, Lowbacca, Raynar Thul, Zekk, and Tenel Ka, as well as the remaining members of Twin Suns squadron, the 42nd legion, minus Captain Yassal, and Chiss pilot Jagged Fel.?

I think I'm right [face_mischief] Jag is definitely going after Jaina.

Jagged Fel had been a close friend to her niece, Jaina, before the devastating end to the Myrkr mission, and the young man had taken her death just like any other blow in the war; he?d used it to fuel his thirst for vengeance, and had jumped straight back into the hot seat, blasting the aliens out of the sky faster than you could say sabacc.

Cool, Jag became a badass :cool:

?I just spoke with Wedge,? he said, ?Ganner Rhysode was due to return to his commission as soon as Tahiri Veila was healed, but no one?s heard from him in days.?

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ant, that was a smoking' rockin' update!!!!!!! Mara's character was dead on the nose!!!!!!! :) Very moving and very poignant!!!! As a mush fiend, I'm requesting some serious L/M talk and smooch time [face_laugh] [face_love] [face_love]

Ant, I'm sticking until I've figured out you've been sucked into the black hole into which some fanficcers mysteriously disappear. [face_laugh] [:D]

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    looks like it could be taken right out of one of the NJo books. keep up the nice work :D

I hope Anakin and Jaina are still alive but captured.

4. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!! AN UPDATE!!!!!!!:p

That was amazing Ant!!! So... large group of Jedi, infatry and a fighter squadron have taken off... hmmm next stop Myrkr??

Poor Luke and Mara... :_|

So is Luke finally going to get the truth from Tahiri??

Thanks for the PM this was an amazing update!

PHGS Weyr

5. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Hmm...[face_thinking] seems like a search and rescue mission is about to take place. Which means lots of adventure and drama. My favorite combo.

I loved the scenes with Luke and Mara. I really felt sorry for them:( .

Great update, Ant. Like I said before, your writing always takes my breath away. And I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

6. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    Brilliant update!

The characterization of Luke & his pain at the loss of his niece & nephews was especially poignant. His demeanor and dour behavior felt very 'real'. The sooner he comes to terms with his pain & opens up to Mara, the better it will be for both of them.

Your portrayal of Mara's POV and the description of her thoughts was emotionally gripping. The imagery and detail of the whole scene was exceptionally well written.

Kenth was spot on, and the twist with the strike team deserting the NR was an unexpected and intriguing development.

I can only imagine what might happen next, but suffice it to say Tahiri may have a lot of explaining to do - if Luke actually catches up with her that is.

This update was well worth the wait - good luck with DRL!

7. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Wow! Your writing her is very sharp. The setting and descriptions are absolutely high quality. (my comments sound dorky, but honestly...I mean them very sincerely). Every line and description and piece of dialogue shows how your writing is evolving! =D=

Mara's thoughts and her chage in mood upon seeing Luke catatonic were perfect.:(

I love the inclusion of Kenth! Don't know why, but he never gets much respect. What I'd love to know is when the heck did he join the order? I picture him joining at like 40. Anyways!

Those YJK are on the loose. How long will it take Luke to realize they are on a rescue mission? [which is what i assume they are doing?]

Love this! :D =D=

8. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    Poor Luke and Mara:_| I can't imagine what they must be going through! Like the idea of Kenth Hammner bringing the news to Mara and Luke. Can't believe the Myrkr veterans abandoned the Jedi! Great Chpater![face_dancing]

9. JediMasterArmada

JediMasterArmada Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2006
    Wonderful story so far, Ant!

I just finished rereading Sacrifice today and jumped to this after the mean cliffie you left at the end of it. I like what you're doing with the story. I think Luke is handling the deaths of the Solo kids wrong, I don't think it's good for him to close off, but then again he has a tendency to do that in cannon. . .

I can't wait to see Ganner's rescue mission and to find out how Jaina and Anakin survived. It's very intriguing.

Please add me to the PM list. I would like to see where this fic goes.

Great Job!

Armada

10. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    On with the replies! I?m not late this time! 8-}

YodaKenobi:

*Steals first*

=D=

You could just tell us though

Then you wouldn?t be surprised anymore. 8-}

Awesome! Good luck!

Thank you! [:D]

I think this small improvement vastly improves an already stellar opening

LMAO!! [face_laugh] You?re right, it does!

Luke's really lost it. Boots are almost never that interesting.

Unless they?re Doc Martens. [face_love]

I've never trusted that guy for some reason.

Yeah, there?s always been something creepy about him to me? I had a bad feeling about him all through Rebirth, and I don?t know why exactly. He?s never really shown himself to be untrustworthy?

I hope Luke is a little more alert for this. He's not exactly going to inspire confidence in the other Jedi in his current state.

No, he?s not. You just wait until the council meeting next chapter! [face_mischief]

Well, I wasn't expecting him to say that

What were you expecting him to say?

[/Kenth] I?ve come to take you away, ha ha! 8-}

They could be launching their own attack against the Vong... to save Anakin and Jaina

Sounds plausible. ;)

I think I'm right Jag is definitely going after Jaina.

Yes, you?re right. =D=

Cool, Jag became a badass

Jag is awesome. :cool:

Guess he's joined the party

No comment. [face_whistling]

Oh, Ganner started the party. Even better

[face_whistling]

If she's even there anymore...

LOL! [face_laugh] Well, you?ll find that out next chapter.

Great chapter, Ant. Lots going on here. I love that the Myrkr survivors took some Alliance forces and went to do something. I'm not really sure what it is they're attempting but I imagine it has something to do with leaving Anakin and Jaina behind... Or maybe attack Myrkr? Though, a fleet really couldn't make it to Myrkr, according to what was said in SBS anyway...

Thank you. :) And you?re right, the survivors are doing something, and it does have something to do with hopefully rescuing Jaina and Anakin? but you?ll see them soon, probably within the next 3 chapters or so, I think they?ll surface.

It?s certainly not going to be a walk in the park, though, as you pointed out?

I love the way you wrote Mara, ready to pound Luke but then feeling sorry for him when she saw what a state he was in. Luke is certainly a wreck these days

Thank you, I love Mara, and I know how much you love her, too, so it?s great that you think I?ve done her justice. :) And yes, Luke really is a wreck these days? very unstable in his emotional state right now, which means he?s pretty much capable of doing anything. [face_worried] Not a good combination in a Skywalker.

I wonder what Luke wants to see Tahiri about. Perhaps he wants to reconncile his own feelings on the Myrkr mission. We saw in the previous chapters that the two seem to be suffering badly from the loss, in much the same way. It's hard to say though, Luke was acting very mysterious.

Yeah, he was, but I think he had to do with his emotional state, and wanting to get this problem with the Jedi sorted out quickly, so he doesn?t have so much to deal with at the meeting. Luke?s not exactly at the same point of dealing with issues as he was in the actual NJO books, so he?s kind of clutching at straws and jumping at an opportunity he thinks will give him all the answers.

Basically, I can tell you without revealing too many plot points, that he?s gone to talk to Tahiri to confirm his suspicions about Ganner? you would have found t

11. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Just a quick note to let you all know that, despite my computer problems, I've managed to find the time (and the PC) to write the next chapter! [face_dancing] :D

I've just sent if off to the betas now, so as soon as it's back, I'll post it for you.

Ant. ]-}

Oh, and this one's a bit of a marathon compared to my other chapters so far in this 'fic... it clocked in at almost 3,500 words! :eek: :eek: It was a very difficult one to get right, with the amount of characters floating around in it, so I hope I've done the scene justice, and that it's turned out ok. [face_praying] :)

12. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Chapter 4: Dig a Grave, Dig it Deep.

When Saba Sebatyne had slunk in and announced that Master Skywalker would be slightly late to the meeting, no one had expected him to be this late. Precisely forty-five minutes after the very first Jedi Council session had been scheduled to begin, the Grand Master rushed in through the large brass and ivory doors, his tan and cream robes resting haphazardly on his body and his graying hair standing on end.

He looked a mess, Kyp Durron noted with a slight shock, and if the disruption in the Force was anything to go by, he was even more of a mess on the inside than he was on the outside. That thought alone was more bothersome than anything he?d heard that morning. The rogue Jedi might not agree with most of the man?s policies, but to see the hero of the Rebellion looking so defeated was not something he?d ever expected to see. It was certainly not something he?d ever wished on the leader.

Across the wide rectangular table, Cal Omas regarded Luke?s late arrival with narrowed eyes. The new Chief of State had bustled into the meeting with his non-Jedi council members ? Dif Scaur, Senators Triebakk and Ta?laam Ranth, Releqy A?Kla and Sien Sovv ? launching straight into a full-on verbal attack on the Jedi. He hadn?t even bothered waiting for Master Skywalker to begin the proceedings; he?d simply fired off question after question at the seated Knights and Masters, clearly seeking answers as to why a group of their own, as he so eloquently put it, would abandon the fight.

Throughout the grilling, Kyp had remained relatively silent, taking the tight-lipped approach to political interrogation. That was what it was, after all: a politician looking for the right person to lay blame for what had transpired aboard Admiral Kre?fey?s vessel. It couldn?t possibly be that the Jedi in question had acted of their own accord, and not on the orders of one or more Jedi Masters currently residing in the meeting chamber. A number of times already, Kyp had had the distinct impression that Omas looked to blame him for the desertion; obviously deciding that his past wrongs warranted being lumped with the responsibility of keeping tabs on a group of misguided, broken kids.

Now, it seemed, Omas had turned his attention (and blame) on the most evident choice in the whole debacle: Luke Skywalker. As the Grand Master seated himself opposite his political counterpart, Kyp thought he saw the smallest flicker of fear pass over Luke?s face, but before he could be sure, any indication of it disappeared in the void of the man?s nonchalance.

"Master Skywalker," Cal Omas greeted tersely. "I was beginning to wonder when you would decide to grace us with your presence."

Kyp gritted his teeth at the man?s insolence, his knuckles clenching painfully with the effort it took not to shoot back the retort that had been itching the end of his tongue since the meeting had started.

"I?m sorry I?m late, Cal," Luke replied. Though his tone was even and light, Kyp knew that if he?d picked up on the politician?s snippy undertone, there was no way Luke could have missed it. The easiest explanation was that the man was simply doing his best to ignore it.

"I had hoped to be here earlier," the Grand Master continued, "But I had pressing matters elsewhere that I?m afraid had to be dealt with before I could join you all."

"Prey tell, what might these pressing matters be, Master Skywalker?" The question had come from Kyp?s right: Intelligence Director Dif Scaur, sitting in all his military stiffness. He?d irked Kyp from the moment he?d marched through the double doors, and every time he opened his mouth, only managed to further incense him.

Luke swiveled in his chair so that he was now facing Scaur and answered him in much the same manner he?d answered the Chief of State. "I was speaking with Tahiri Veila about the unfortunate situation we?re currently in, hoping to find some answers to the questions you would all no doubt have for me when I a

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    *Firsties* [face_mischief]

14. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Thanks for the PM!

I liked Kyp's point of view. The politicians totally annoyed the hell out of me though, as they tend to do very very often. :p

So, good for Kyp to get up and leave. Although now I'm a bit worried as to what he's up to.
    ;)

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, and if I have compliments are always welcome, but I love your writing! You got me hooked with the first sentence. :)

15. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    ooh goody a posty!

poor kyp, always being picked on.

great job ant! i'm looking forward to more!

thanks for the pm!

phgs weyr

16. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    That was a very intense scene.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the outcome was predictable, but you really captured the feeling of ambiguous futility that was so rampant in the NJO books among the NR leadership during the Vong war. The galaxy is literally going to h3ll, and yet they insist on wasting energy on petty political squabbles amongst themselves rather than genuinely trying to solve anything.

I'm with Kyp - the rescue mission should have been planned from the start, and Luke knows it.

17. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Well...I don't think this chapter surprised me at all!

Bring Kyp "Rescue is our Mandate" Durron into the equation and suddenly you know the direction the plot is headed for. :D [or one I'm hoping it will head for?]

Then there was the part of him that still couldn?t understand why Luke Skywalker had named him as a member of the Jedi Council in the first place. He had been more than a little dazed when the man had informed him of his decision, and though he?d been pleased and mildly humbled by the offer, he couldn?t help but think the Grand Master slightly insane.

It?s easy to forget this is the time when Kyp was just being given respect and the position on the council. To have it told from his POV was interesting. The fact that he stayed quiet at first was different.

So yes, I do agree with their decision."

Of course he would, heck he?d have joined in if asked. He?s still in that impulsive stage of his career here. Luke with his ?uncontrolled anger?. I love Luke when he?s acting like the Skywalker he should (and defending Kyp).

"I would have gladly gone with them, if I?d known what they were up to!" he was saying, shouting the words at the top of his lungs. "I would have organized the whole kriffing thing, if only they?d told me first! Was that what you were looking for? Were you just waiting to hear me admit to that, or were you hoping for something a little more damning?"

Yep! Told you so!

18. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Kyp was awesome. I really liked reading this from his point of view. I was getting ticked at those politicians:mad: . Sheesh:rolleyes: . Always picking at poor Kyp and trying to start something with the Jedi. But guess what politicians...you suck and Kyp rocks. Oh yeah.

Great update, Ant=D= . I loved it!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Brilliant update. I loved Kyp's point of view. The politicians were so busy pointing fingers and being snarky.... no wonder nothing could get accomplished. Bravo for Kyp leaving. :* :)

20. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I'm too lazy to edit. Starting a new post again [face_talk_hand]

Then you wouldn?t be surprised anymore.

That's true :p

Unless they?re Doc Martens.

I was totally thinking of my Doc's when I said that! :eek:

Yeah, there?s always been something creepy about him to me? I had a bad feeling about him all through Rebirth, and I don?t know why exactly. He?s never really shown himself to be untrustworthy?

He's a little too loyal to the government for my liking [face_thinking]

What were you expecting him to say?
    [/Kenth] I?ve come to take you away, ha ha!

That also would have surprised me :p

Thank you. And you?re right, the survivors are doing something, and it does have something to do with hopefully rescuing Jaina and Anakin? but you?ll see them soon, probably within the next 3 chapters or so, I think they?ll surface.

Awesome [face_dancing]

Now tell me when we'll see Jaina and Anakin [face_mischief]

Chapter 4: Dig a Grave, Dig it Deep.

Very nice title [face_devil]

When Saba Sebatyne had slunk in and announced that Master Skywalker would be slightly late to the meeting, no one had expected him to be this late. Precisely forty-five minutes after the very first Jedi Council session had been scheduled to begin, the Grand Master rushed in through the large brass and ivory doors, his tan and cream robes resting haphazardly on his body and his graying hair standing on end.

What a slackass [face_shame_on_you]

He looked a mess, Kyp Durron noted with a slight shock, and if the disruption in the Force was anything to go by, he was even more of a mess on the inside than he was on the outside. That thought alone was more bothersome than anything he?d heard that morning. The rogue Jedi might not agree with most of the man?s policies, but to see the hero of the Rebellion looking so defeated was not something he?d ever expected to see. It was certainly not something he?d ever wished on the leader.

It has to be disconcerting for everyone to see Luke in such a state.

And yay for the Kyp POV :D Glad to see his animosity towards Luke doesn't extend to wanting to see him defeated.

Dif Scaur, Senators Triebakk and Ta?laam Ranth, Releqy A?Kla and Sien Sovv

It's a fine group :p

Seriously though, Scaur and Ranth are both snakes :mad:

A number of times already, Kyp had had the distinct impression that Omas looked to blame him for the desertion; obviously deciding that his past wrongs warranted being lumped with the responsibility of keeping tabs on a group of misguided, broken kids.

Makes sense. Kyp was encouraging the young Jedi to do rash things like that for years.

"Oh yes, temporarily missing," Scaur remarked snidely. "That sounds so much better than the actual truth of the matter, doesn?t it?"

"'Yeah, it does smartass' Luke said, before backhanding Omas's wrinkly face with a resounding thunderclap that echoed throughout the chamber."

I'm starting my own Holocaust spin-off fic :p

For that reason alone, it wasn?t difficult for Master Durron to grasp the concept that perhaps Ganner had been behind the desertion, and had orchestrated it some weeks ago from his Ossus sanctuary.

Yeah, I figured Ganner is the leader in all of this [face_thinking]

The last thing Luke or any of them needed right now was a good, old-fashioned fist fight in the middle of the Council meeting, even though Kyp would like nothing better than to wipe the smug smirk off Scaur?s face, or sock one to the Chief of State.

I'd pay to see that [face_hypnotized]

There was a faint possibility, in Kyp?s mind, that this was all a coincidence. The fact that Ganner hadn?t arrived at his post yet didn?t mean he was part of some military coup, it just meant he might not have left Ossus. He?d said two months ago that he wouldn?t rejoin the battle until he was sure Tahiri was ok. Everyone had just assumed that meant he?d return when she woke, but perhaps he?d decided to stay on until she was

21. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    YodaKenobi:

*Firsties*

=D=

Ceillean:

Thanks for the PM!

You?re welcome! :)

I liked Kyp's point of view. The politicians totally annoyed the hell out of me though, as they tend to do very very often.

Yeah, they annoy me, too. :p Glad you liked Kyp?s POV, he was fun to write and he?s one of my favourites.

So, good for Kyp to get up and leave. Although now I'm a bit worried as to what he's up to.

[face_mischief] Care to take a guess?

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, and if I have compliments are always welcome, but I love your writing! You got me hooked with the first sentence.

Aww, thank you!! [face_blush] :D That?s very kind of you to say, and I?m so glad you?re enjoying this.

I see by your siggie that you?re doing Nano. :eek: I?m just honoured that you found time to fit me in while doing that. Good luck with it! [face_good_luck]

PHGS_Weyr:

ooh goody a posty!

Glad you?re excited. :)

poor kyp, always being picked on.

Yeah, he is. Easy target?

great job ant! i'm looking forward to more!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it.

thanks for the pm!

You?re welcome. Thanks for stopping by! [:D]

Jedi_Scribe:

That was a very intense scene.

:D I?m glad it came off that way.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the outcome was predictable, but you really captured the feeling of ambiguous futility that was so rampant in the NJO books among the NR leadership during the Vong war. The galaxy is literally going to h3ll, and yet they insist on wasting energy on petty political squabbles amongst themselves rather than genuinely trying to solve anything.

Exactly! :D And boy, am I glad you think I did a good job on that!! It was challenging to do, but I really wanted to make it much like the NJO government of old, with all the petty bickering and failure to take responsibility for their mistakes.

You?ll be seeing more politics in later chapters. ;)

I'm with Kyp - the rescue mission should have been planned from the start, and Luke knows it.

Yes, he does. I think that?s why Luke?s struggling so much right now. He agrees with Kyp, but at the same time, he doesn?t want to say or do anything that could jeopardize his position with the new government, especially since Luke essentially put them there. He?s afraid the Jedi will be turned on much like before, and doesn?t want to be the cause of that.

Anyway, I?m rambling here, so I?ll just say thanks for reading and for you thoughts on this. :)

iamobiwan1970:

Well...I don't think this chapter surprised me at all!

:p

Bring Kyp "Rescue is our Mandate" Durron into the equation and suddenly you know the direction the plot is headed for. [or one I'm hoping it will head for?]

I?m sure, being the big Kyp fan that you are, you?ll already have guessed some of what?s about to come up? but hopefully they?ll be a few surprises in there. ;)

It?s easy to forget this is the time when Kyp was just being given respect and the position on the council. To have it told from his POV was interesting. The fact that he stayed quiet at first was different.

I?m glad you liked it from Kyp?s POV. He was so sorely missed in the first fic, and I really wanted to include him as much as possible in this one, because he?s such an interesting, fun character to delve into. [face_love]

And yes, it is easy to forget that this was when Kyp was first selected for the council? in fact, I forgot at first, and when it came to doing the second draft, I realized my mistake! [face_blush]

Of course he would, heck he?d have joined in if asked. He?s still in that impulsive stage of his career here. Luke with his ?uncontrolled anger?

22. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Chapter 5: Patriot Games

Back in the safety of his bedchamber, Luke Skywalker was free to let out his first contented sigh of the day. His wife, Mara, had magic hands, and they?d been working wonders on his taut shoulders for the last half hour. Though he was nowhere near as relaxed as he?d like to be just yet, he was certainly in a lot better shape now then he?d been back in the Council chambers.

Mara had been sitting in front of the holo-screen when he?d returned, dragging his feet sluggishly over the threshold. She?d made up some story about catching up with a lame holo-drama when he?d flopped himself on the couch next to her, but Luke knew when his wife was lying. He guessed she was afraid he?d get upset if she told him the truth: that she?d been purposely waiting for him.

Luke had accused her of being too smothering a number of times over the past couple of months, so he couldn?t really blame her for being so cautious now. He made a mental note to make up for his poor behaviour? as soon as this unpleasant business with the Myrkr survivors had been cleared up, that is.

The aging Jedi sighed again, this one much more dejected than the first. Mara picked up on his change in demeanour instantly, her hands stilling on the ridge of his back. She squeezed his flesh there gently and rested her chin in the crook of his neck, pressing her lithe body up against his bare back in the process.

?Hey,? she whispered in his ear. ?It?ll be ok.?

Her breath was warm and soothing on his earlobe, but even that wasn?t enough to quell his fears. The Jedi Council meeting had been a disaster ? worse than a disaster; it had been an annihilation of everything he?d worked so hard to build. With Cal Omas as the new leader of the New Republic, he?d thought they?d created a solid foundation with which to restore the Jedi name, but in one day, they?d managed to destroy it all, and were now back to square one.

?I want to believe that, Mara, I really do; but everything?s such a mess, and?? he broke off and took a long, shuddering breath. ?I just can?t see past it.?

?You?ll get through this,? Mara said. ?We?ll all get through this. It?s just a minor set back, that?s all.?

?Minor?? he scoffed. ?You didn?t see Omas and the Senators, Mara; they were livid! They think this whole council idea was a mistake, that the Jedi are too reckless and unpredictable to be controlled by a body of Masters, and they?re ready to pull the pin on the whole thing. Kyp?s outburst didn?t help matters, either.?

?No, I can?t imagine it did,? Mara mused. ?Though, you can?t tell me you didn?t expect it.?

Luke pulled out of his wife?s embrace and turned his body so that he was now facing her. ?What: the government turning against us so quickly, or Kyp??

She gave him a look that said, ?What do you think?? and he groaned in spite of himself. ?Not you, too! I just spent the entire afternoon defending Kyp, and I don?t particularly feel like doing it at home as well.?

The redheaded Jedi help up her hands in mock-defence. ?I never said I agreed with any of the criticism of today, I only meant that you should have anticipated something like this happening when you appointed Kyp. Don?t get me wrong; I like Durron. I?m not his biggest fan, but he has done some good in recent times, however, you and I both know what he?s like.?

She was right, and as much as he hated to admit it, there had been a small part of him that had felt relief when Kyp?s outburst had come, because it meant it was over and done with, and they could move on. That was, assuming he didn?t do it week after week.

Mara must have sensed where his thoughts were lingering, because she gave his stomach a soft pat and said, ?You?ll just have to talk to him about it, won?t you??

?Yeah,? he agreed tiredly. ?But when? I have the problem with the young Jedi and Ganner to sort out first, and then I have to patch things up on the council end? there?s never enough time in the day.?

?I could talk to him for you.?

He stared at his wife for a few seconds

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woo Hoo!!!! Mara told Kyp didn't she??? Foot, I love her in her "predictable" mode. :* [face_laugh] That was wonderful!!!!

I admire Kyp's choice very much, but not if it was just made in the heat of a snit. [face_thinking] And I HATE giving the politicians anything that looks like a victory that they can rub in!!! [face_frustrated] :mad:

Now, to the melty parts!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEE!!!! The L/M scene.... SQUEE!!!!!! again!!! [face_love] :)

Feel free to put in more mush at ... very regular intervals!!! :D

HUGGLES!!!!!!

24. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    [/i]She was right, and as much as he hated to admit it, there had been a small part of him that had felt relief when Kyp?s outburst had come, because it meant it was over and done with, and they could move on. That was, assuming he didn?t do it week after week.

Luke?s philosophy of get something unpleasant over with!

I loved the L/M interplay...very real, but sweet too.[face_love]

Luke could do to stop from crying out in ecstasy. It had been too long since he?d felt like this, too long since he?d experienced this level of passion with the woman he loved; he?d forgotten how much he?d missed it all.

Oh?..nice! L/M mush is good stuff I don't read very often! :*

?If you?re quite done riffling through my personal affects?? Luke commented mildly.

Busted!

Omas? apology was so calculated. Then he drops the bomb of kicking Kyp off the council. Luke had strength here! Yay!

The truth was, she?d recited the words over and over in her head on the way here, desperate to get her sentiments right. The last thing Luke and the Jedi needed right now was for her to piss Kyp Durron off royally, and with her general manner in reprimanding someone, she had a tendency to do just that.

Love her thoughts there. So Mara is trying to be diplomatic. Not the easiest thing for her to do.

Well, Mara had a small chance of bringing Kyp around and keeping him on the planet. But knowing the council didn?t want him certainly pushed him to the decision to go after Jaina and Anakin.

Excellent!=D=

25. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Great Job Ant! will try to get a more in depth review later, but this is great and thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.