main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Holocaust *NJO AU* {Tahiri/Anakin/Jaina + Others} - Question to my readers of old...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007

As he pulled his beautiful wife down on the soft duvet with him, Luke Skywalker decided that right now was the perfect time to begin to make things up to her. By the enthusiastic sound that rumbled between their fused lips, Mara didn?t object to that one bit.
    Ahem...yes...well, a little lovin' goes a long way sometimes. Quality time indeed.

---

?If you?re quite done riffling through my personal affects?? Luke commented mildly.
    Busted! What a tool - Omas ought to know better than that.

Omas downed half his cup in one scorching mouthful, using the burning sensation to prevent him from losing his nerve. ?I came to apologise? for my behaviour earlier today. I was out of line, and I?m sorry.?
    Hmmm...I'm not buying it. Omas must be up to something.[face_not_talking]

This was only somewhat true. Sure, he was concerned about public perception, but that wasn?t the real reason for his outburst in the Jedi Council meeting earlier; he knew it, his advisors knew it. He just hoped Luke Skywalker didn?t know it.
    He'll figure it out soon enough, no doubt.

Cal knew, though, they he?d have to do something after the questionable display shown to the Grand Master. As Releqy A?Kla so eloquently pointed out during the emergency meeting, they needed the Jedi?s support in this just as much as the Jedi needed theirs. If Luke and his Knights decided to pull out of the fighting - and with the example already set by the rogue Padawans, regardless of what Kyp Durron thought ? there was a strong possibility that very thing could transpire. Military leader, Sien Sovv, had seconded this, and after much protesting from the other end of the table, the Chief of State had come to the rather painful decision that he?d have to apologise; and he?d have to make it believable.
    Gosh, I'm so sorry that working together to save the galaxy isn't as politically convenient as they would like. Maybe they will feel differently once the Vong take over and they all get their slave implants.

Luke put down his now empty mug and stared across the void between them with a pensive expression. ?We both could have handled the situation better. Let?s just forget about it; water under the bridge, as they say.?
    Good 'ol Luke...still willing to see the good side of things, even if it is a bit naive of him. Too bad the council hardly deserves his cooperation.

The Chief of State strode purposely across the large expanse of pale carpet and paused at the edge of the living area, halfway between the Jedi and the front door. ?Then I?ll just have to change the rules so I can.?
    For goodness sake, how full of himself can this guy get? Go ahead Skywalker, give him one of Darth Vader's patented Force-chokes from the other side of the room...I won't tell [face_devil]

---

Her smile faltered, and Kyp?s face lit up in triumph. ?Oh, how could I guess?? He flapped around her like a mynock who?d just found a power conduit to suckle, crowing in a rather un-Kyp-like voice. ?Don?t tell me the mighty Luke Skywalker sent his wifey to make sure Kypie is staying out of trouble??
    Kyp has every right to be ticked off right now, but taking it out on Mara is both unfair and unwise.

Others might have been able to put up with his teasing antics, but not Mara. In one swift move, she?d caught the ball of his left elbow and twisted it at an awkward angle, eliciting a small gasp of surprise from the man. When she had him properly subdued in one of her trademark arm locks ? courtesy of her time spent as a smuggler in Karrde?s crew ? the scarlet-haired woman hissed, ?Shut it, Durron! I?m not here to play games!?
    Really, he should have seen that coming.

?You really are arrogant, aren?t you?? she said acidly, shooting him with a wicked glare. Before the Jedi Master had even had a chance to protest, she launched into what she believed to be the verbal thrashing of Kyp?s life, cutting him down with her words until he was nothing more than a shrunken,

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I loved the Mara/Luke mush!
    As Jade_Eyes so eloquently put it: SQUEE! :D

The Chief of State strode purposely across the large expanse of pale carpet and paused at the edge of the living area, halfway between the Jedi and the front door. ?Then I?ll just have to change the rules so I can.?

Snake! Can he do that?! He can't just go ahead and change the rules as he sees fit, can he?
    ... Politicians! Snakes! Conniving little bastard.

Obviously Kyp would go out and help find the other Jedi. Or at least join in their fight. What else would there have been for him to do anyway? The Council wouldn't be an option anymore so he'd be stuck doing nothing. And Kyp strikes me as a man needing something to do.

Great post, as usual. ;)

3. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    hey... sorry i havent reviewed for a while.... been busy... Rl is such a abummer [face_worried]
    anyway.... great story. i hope you show liea's reaction and what she felt as Jacen passed away and her POV on his final moments.

4. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Caught up at last. :) Great story idea with the rescue mission, and it's good to see Kyp having a major role. It's true that Luke and Kyp have been at loggerheads more often than not. Ah, men! ;)

Mara herself had in no way gotten over the deaths of her two nephews and niece, either; the difference between her and her husband was that she was willing to broach the subject in an attempt to find some closure, and he was not. She knew things would be much easier for both of them if they could just learn to deal with their grief together, but with the way Luke had been acting lately, that didn?t seem likely.
    I liked that bit - nice character analysis of both Mara and Luke andthe way they balance each other.

Poor Luke - always having to walk the tightrope isn't he? Such is the role of the leader sadly.

It will be interesting to see how the rescue mission deals with their challenges. :)

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I'm so sorry I haven't replied to this before now :( Things have been really crazy lately.

Aren?t they the best, though? Mine are dark purple, matt. I wuvsies them!

I've had a few pairs over the years. Mine are just brown :p

I think that might be it. I?d always half expect him (in the NJO) to jump out and say, ?Surprise! I?m arresting you!?

[face_laugh]

Exactly!

You?ll see one of them around # 10 ? but I?m not saying which one.

Damn [face_thinking]

[/obi_wan] You?re insight serves you well.

[face_dancing]

Back in the safety of his bedchamber, Luke Skywalker was free to let out his first contented sigh of the day. His wife, Mara, had magic hands, and they?d been working wonders on his taut shoulders for the last half hour. Though he was nowhere near as relaxed as he?d like to be just yet, he was certainly in a lot better shape now then he?d been back in the Council chambers.

A massage from Mara Jade... Nice ;)

The redheaded Jedi help up her hands in mock-defence. ?I never said I agreed with any of the criticism of today, I only meant that you should have anticipated something like this happening when you appointed Kyp. Don?t get me wrong; I like Durron. I?m not his biggest fan, but he has done some good in recent times, however, you and I both know what he?s like.?

Can't really argue with that. Kyp says what's on his mind, no matter what. He's prone to outbursts :p

?You?re not exactly gentle when you tell the truth,? he pointed out matter-of-factly.
    ?Newsflash! Neither is Kyp, or did you need another demonstration at the next council meeting??

Exactly what I was thinking [face_laugh]

Mara laughed this time and gave her husband a quick peck on the forehead. She leaned in closer still and placed her hands firmly on the tops of his shoulder, gazing up at him with a mischievous twinkle in her emerald eyes. ?Well, now that the politics are out of the way, there?s the matter of your relaxation to discuss.? His wife gave a brief experimental rub on either side of his neck and tutted. ?You?re still so tense, and I?ve been cooped up here all day??
    Luke tilted his head to one side in order to give her hands more room to move, stealing a kiss on his way past her luscious lips and humming in reply. ?Mmm? what did you have in mind??

[face_thinking]

He laughed for the second time in as many minutes and ran a suggestive hand down the length of his wife?s robed arms. ?Ok, what about a sparring session? It?s been a while since you?ve played with me and my sword.?

[face_laugh]

You're bad, Ant [face_shame_on_you]

As he pulled his beautiful wife down on the soft duvet with him, Luke Skywalker decided that right now was the perfect time to begin to make things up to her. By the enthusiastic sound that rumbled between their fused lips, Mara didn?t object to that one bit.

So what is it they were going to do? :p

He?d been knocking for maybe a minute when the lock clicked in the electronic mechanism in front of him, and the wide mahogany door of the apartment swung open to reveal a wet-haired Mara Jade Skywalker, dressed only in a fluffy white bathrobe. Small beads of water still clung to her exposed calves, and for a moment Cal Omas wondered exactly what he?d interrupted.

LOL!

A nice getup for Mara too 8-}

Now that he was alone, the politician let his gaze sweep over his surroundings; taking in the freshly brewed pot of caf resting on the bench directly across from where he was sitting, the thick camel and azure curtains hanging, closed, from a set of mock-gold rings, and the large holo-screen that was the focal point of the room. The latter was currently displaying yet another of the ?Solo Children Tribute? shows that had been running non-stop since their tragic deaths.

:(

That's so sad to picture.

Love the descriptions of the Skywalker's apartment. Very vivid.

Curious, the Chief of State rose from his chair and made his way over to the designer side

6. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Darn. They're going to kick Kyp off the Council. That sucks. I'm feeling really sorry for Kyp right now.

Great update, Ant. I loved the Mara/Kyp conversation =D=.

7. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    So... When's the next post? [face_whistling] [face_mischief] O:)

8. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    [face_blush]

Sorry! As you've probably noticed (because I've been so slack in catching up with your fic, yet again - my apologies!), DRL has claimed me once more. I've got about half of the next chapter completed, and plan on finishing it this weekend. :)

My work Christmas party is on tonight, so I won't be online at all, but I'll catch up with the replies and respond to those Saturday, and then work on having a new postie up for you all. :D That's the plan, anyway.

And then I have to really catch up with your fic, Yobi. [face_blush] I only have 1 week until my three-week vacation now, so I'll have ample time shortly. :D

Thanks for the up, and I'll go work on that new update for you. ;)

Ant. ]-}

9. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    It's very understandable, Ant. DRL has claimed my life as well. Plus my modem has been acting stupid. I'm looking forward to your next update. I can't wait to see what happens to Luke, Mara, and especially Kyp( I think Kyp is cool).

10. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Jade_eyes:

Woo Hoo!!!! Mara told Kyp didn't she??? Foot, I love her in her "predictable" mode. That was wonderful!!!!

Thank you. :) Glad you like Mara telling off Kyp? she really is wonderful. [face_love]

I admire Kyp's choice very much, but not if it was just made in the heat of a snit. And I HATE giving the politicians anything that looks like a victory that they can rub in!!!

Yeah, the politicians have kind of won at this point, which sucks, I know. But I think Kyp would have made this decision, regardless of what the politicians thought of him. He?s all about finding Jaina and Anakin and doing the most ?active? thing in getting them back. I heart Kyp.

Now, to the melty parts!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEE!!!! The L/M scene.... SQUEE!!!!!! again!!!

Hehe, glad you liked it. That L/M part was for you, dear!

Feel free to put in more mush at ... very regular intervals!!!

Lol, I?ll try, don?t worry! [face_peace] I?m not so used to writing mush, so it?s a lot of fun to do when the muse bites in that area. I?m glad you?re enjoying it.

HUGGLES!!!!!!

HUGGLES back!! :D

Thanks so much for reading!

iamobiwan1970:

Luke?s philosophy of get something unpleasant over with!

Hehe, yeah, it?s kinda like ripping off a bandaide..

I loved the L/M interplay...very real, but sweet too.

Thank you very much. It was a lot of fun to write, and the first L/M mush I?ve really written, so I?m glad you enjoyed it. :D

Oh?..nice! L/M mush is good stuff I don't read very often!

I don?t read it often, either, but I?ve come to appreciate it more and more of late.

Busted!

Omas? apology was so calculated. Then he drops the bomb of kicking Kyp off the council. Luke had strength here! Yay!

Yeah, Omas is a snake. [face_mischief] Glad you liked Luke, he really had to stand up and make his voice heard. Expect more of this kind of Luke in later chapters.

Love her thoughts there. So Mara is trying to be diplomatic. Not the easiest thing for her to do.

No it?s not, but she feels she really needs to do this for Luke. Glad you liked Mara here. She?s one of my favourites, so I?m really trying hard to do her character justice.

Well, Mara had a small chance of bringing Kyp around and keeping him on the planet. But knowing the council didn?t want him certainly pushed him to the decision to go after Jaina and Anakin.

Excellent!

:p Glad you liked Kyp?s decision. Poor Mara, no matter what she said, she was never going to stop Kyp, not once he?d already decided to go after the Solos.

Thanks for reading and reviewing!!

PHGS_Weyr:

Great Job Ant! will try to get a more in depth review later, but this is great and thanks for the PM!

That?s fine, I understand all too well how very little time we all have at this time of year, so I?m just glad you found time to read, and that you enjoyed it. [face_peace] Thanks for stopping by.

Jedi_Scribe:

Ahem...yes...well, a little lovin' goes a long way sometimes. Quality time indeed.

LOL!

---

Busted! What a tool - Omas ought to know better than that.

Yeah, he ought to? I was never very fond of his character, so expect him to stay in his ?political snake? mode. :p

Hmmm...I'm not buying it. Omas must be up to something.

You?re right, he is!

He'll figure it out soon enough, no doubt.

Oh yes? Luke isn?t a stupid Jedi, despite public opinion?

Gosh, I'm so sorry that working together to save the galaxy isn't as politically convenient as they would like. Maybe they will feel differently once the Vong take over and they all get their slave implants.

LOL! Loved your reaction there, because it?s how I feel towards more politicians. =D=

Good 'ol Luke...still willing to see the good side of things, even if it

11. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    A festive note from Ant...

Happy Holidays my faithful readers! [face_dancing] The silly season is upon us all again, and just before I logged off the net after counting down the last few hours of Christmas Eve at home in my wonderfully air-conditioned bedroom, I thought I'd drop in my Holocaust thread (which I've been neglecting again) and wish you all a wonderful Christmas. :)

Christmas came early for me this year, as I finally managed to save up enough cash for my new computer!! [face_dancing] The day it arrived on courier last week was about 7 months in the making, and I was overjoyed when I was able to unwrap it from its pretty white packaging and switch it on for the first time. Of course, I've managed to christen it with much typing and blogging, and have been trying my hardest to get caught up on the boards. It hasn't happened yet, but I have high hopes for the new year. ;)

Tomorrow I'll be spending the day with family and friends, have cooked a delicious roast cashew and honey Christmas ham (which is cooling on the kitchen bench) and have managed to wrap thirty presents. The joys of having a big family!! :p And as if all that isn't enough to keep me busy, tomorrow I'm also turning 23!! [face_dancing] I'll be taking piccies of the big day, and for those of you who check out my blog from time to time, keep an eye out for a few pics that might appear tomorrow evening. I should have time to upload them by then, but if not, it'll be the next day.

Anyway, I'm rambling again. I just wanted to thank you all for the support and lovely, kind comments you've each given me over the last year. [:D] Your words and assistance have meant more to me than I can articulate, and I'm so thrilled to have had the privilege of speaking with you all. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe, and very Merry Christmas! Enjoy the day, wherever you may be, and I'll no doubt see you all when the craziness is over! :D :*

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays!!

Ant. ]-}

12. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Gah! I?m so behind in my replies to this!!! [face_blush] Consider this part of my catch-up plan? and I apologize profusely for being so behind in this.. I thought I?d done these ages ago!

Tahi:

Caught up at last. Great story idea with the rescue mission, and it's good to see Kyp having a major role. It's true that Luke and Kyp have been at loggerheads more often than not. Ah, men!

Yay! Nice to see you back on board! [face_dancing] But in saying that, I completely understand RL getting in the way? we all know how much time I?ve had for reviewing and such of late (is soo embarrassed) [face_blush]

I?m glad you like where the plot?s headed at the moment, and that you?re liking Kyp?s larger role. :D He?s such a great character (I blame iamobiwan for falling so in love with him ? she?s almost single-handedly made him one of my all-time favourites!).

I liked that bit - nice character analysis of both Mara and Luke and the way they balance each other.

Thank you. [:D] I?m glad you liked it.. I have a tendency to psycho-analyse my characters a bit, so I?m glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Poor Luke - always having to walk the tightrope isn't he? Such is the role of the leader sadly.

Yeah. :( He?s really going through the wringer, and it?s more than likely going to get harder for him as time goes by.

It will be interesting to see how the rescue mission deals with their challenges.

It will indeed? that is coming up in Chapter 7 (when I get around to posting it, and Chapter 6, of course).

Thanks for reading and taking the time to get caught up! :)

YodaKenobi:

Yobie!! Hey!! *throws a high-five Yoda?s way*

I'm so sorry I haven't replied to this before now Things have been really crazy lately.

Don?t worry at all.. I am so far behind in your ?fic that I feel bad sending out PM?s to let you know I?ve updated mine. [face_blush] I?m getting on top of things, though, as these reviews suggest, so it shouldn?t be too much longer and I?ll be back on track. My goal is to have all of my reviews and updates caught up with by the end of January (I?m being realistic here). :p

I've had a few pairs over the years. Mine are just brown

I?ve never had a brown pair? I once had those floral ones, though. Really girlie, but really cool, too.

A massage from Mara Jade... Nice

I?ll remember that and send you one for your bifday ;)

Can't really argue with that. Kyp says what's on his mind, no matter what. He's prone to outbursts

He is indeed? it?s one of his traits I love most. [face_love]

Exactly what I was thinking

LOL!

You're bad, Ant

Sorry, couldn?t resist!! [face_mischief]

So what is it they were going to do?

Practice CPR? a Jedi can never have enough knowledge in that department, you know. ;)

LOL!

A nice getup for Mara too

Glad you approve. :p

That's so sad to picture.

It is. :( It was a hard section to write, actually, to get in that frame of mind.

Love the descriptions of the Skywalker's apartment. Very vivid.

Thank you very much! :D I thought long and hard about it, and had a 3D image of exactly what it all looked like in my mind before I started writing it. 8-} Maybe that?s taking things a little too far? [face_blush] [face_whistling]

Silly Omas. Thinking he could do something in a Jedi's home without them sensing it

Yeah, he really should have known better. :rolleyes:

Busted.

Big time!

Luke may have added some hot chocolate

I add hot chocolate to mine? doesn?t everyone?? [face_whistling]

Awesome Glad to see the mostly reasonable Omas from DW here and not the crazy, bitter Cal Omas from DN.

Erm? yeah? I don?t think you?re so pleased with him as a character anymore, though. [face_mischief]

I'm sure Scaur h

13. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    A new update for you all.... finally!! [face_blush] Sorry it's taken so long, I'm trying to get on top of things in the land of RL, but it's not easy, and I fear it will always be a struggle from now on. I have just been given a new role at work which keeps me busier than ever before, and while that's good news for me work-wise, it doesn't help my writing, original or fanfiction. :( Please bear with me... I do plan on finishing this 'fic this year...

Ant. ]-}

Chapter 6: Road to Recovery.

?Come on, Tahiri! You have to work with me here!?

The young girl groaned in response to Tekli?s persistent nagging and gripped the two solid bars protruding horizontally from the ground until her knuckles turned white. ?I?m trying!? she protested, not even flinching as her voice echoed loudly off the stark white walls of the rehabilitation wing. ?I just? I just need to lie down for a moment.?

She was standing in between the two matt bars, both hands clamped firmly over the diameter of each one, holding her tiny frame in an upright position. After spending two months suspended in a bacta tank, some of her muscles had begun to break down from the lack of movement, and she was now forced to undergo the painful task of reanimating them.

Tekli had agreed to help, and with Ganner missing, the job of encouraging and pushing Tahiri to work harder on her healing had been left solely up to the little Chadra Fan. They?d worked on her arms first, slowly rotating them in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions until the only feeling pulsing through them had been a dull ache, and not the burning sensation she?d been feeling since waking from her deep slumber.

Today was the first day they?d decided to tackle her legs. It had been excruciatingly painful at the beginning, but as the day wore on, the pain had gradually subsided. Now, it was almost at a bearable level; however, Tahiri was just too exhausted to keep up the rigorous act of walking herself down the length of the bars.

She knew Tekli could sense her frustration at this through the Force, which made her insistence all the more annoying, yet necessary. Tahiri wanted nothing more than to be back to full strength, but her body wasn?t allowing it. Each day ticked by slower than the previous, with little change in her mobility. It was as if some invisible force was stilting her progress; stopping her from rejoining the battle like she so sorely wanted. Tekli had told her that she was simply expecting too much, too soon. The Healer was constantly reminding her that she was still getting over the massive injury she?d suffered on Myrkr, that she?d almost died, and would hence take a significant amount of time to recuperate.

Time was something Tahiri had very little of these days. Less than a standard week ago, she?d woken up to Ganner Rhysode?s concerned face and told that the boyfriend she?d so desperately tried to save had perished back on Myrkr, along with his older brother, Jacen, and sister Jaina. At the time, she?d been too shocked to know what to do, or how to react. Self-blame seemed as good a place as any to start with the grieving process, so that?s what she?d done.

For the first two days, Tahiri had lain in a shell of self-pity, wallowing in her own mistakes and crying until the tears had all but dried up in their ducts, nothing left but her own brand of mortal salt to dispel. Ganner had gone by this stage, presumably regrouping with the original strike team to mount a rescue mission for their dead friends.

Tahiri was more than a little hurt that he hadn?t thought to mention it to her. Sure, she was still too raw to re-enter the battle front, so being involved in any kind of search and rescue was out of the question, but she and Ganner had grown close over the last two months, and she?d expected him to have the decency to confide in her on things of importance. Running off to find Jaina and Anakin was certainly high on her importance list, yet he?d not said one word to

14. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    oh dear poor Ganner he definately grew on me as NJO progressed... untill he died in Traitor that is...

Great post Ant!

Love this as always! Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

15. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    The rehab part at the beginning with Tahiri made me cringe a little due to the wonderfully detailed descriptions of her pain. It must've been extremely painful for Tahiri. The conversation with Ganner and Tahiri was very touching though. I'm glad Tahiri is not mad at him anymore. By the way, you write Tahiri so well, Ant. You really do a great job in showing her emotions and feelings.

Great update as always, my friend =D= .

16. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Damn, I'm third :(

But update: [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

[Place holder]

17. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    ?Everything won?t be fine, Tahiri. Jaina and Anakin are dead, because of a decision I made, and now the others have gone off on a crusade that could see them killed, or worse, and that could have been avoided if only I?d been honest with them in the first place.? :eek: :( :_|

Really, poor Ganner. I never thought he'd be reduced to such self-doubt! I bet once Kyp arrives he can join him and go save the others. then he'll feel better.

I really hope they find Jaina and Anakin alive (you know the way it was met, with Jacen dead...ahemm.[face_blush] ).

I'm so glad to see an update. =D= But you've teased me and I now want more!!!!

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Tahiri's one jumble of emotions isn't she--poor thing!!! Everyone's very despondent... it's a shame to let go of the last shred of hope. :(

19. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    Interesting...very, interesting.

So Ganner apparently just picked an exceptionally bad time to go AWOL for a few days?

I'm not buying it - he's an experienced Jedi, and (thankfully) in this fic is far from the shallow, self absorbed, clueless tool that he was in NJO.
    If he was only chillin' out in the jungle on Ossus the whole time, then he should have known through the Force that something big was happening.
    I anticipate that we will see some more twists to the story unfold when Kyp arrives.

Poor Tahiri. Considering what she has been through in this series so far, it's a wonder she isn't in a permanent state of shock or hasn't completely lost her mind yet.

Is there any hope left?

Only time will tell.

20. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    Hi, Sorry for bieng a lowsy reviewer but i hyad my appraisal coming up so was very busy...
    ANyway..
    good chapter if a little slow on the general story. i hope things pick up in the next few chapters. update soon.
    PS>>> CHECK OUT "ADAHN"'s story titled ONLY RIGHT> its very well written and its Jacen centric. also chekc out his/her story titled EPIPHANY>

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    She was standing in between the two matt bars, both hands clamped firmly over the diameter of each one, holding her tiny frame in an upright position. After spending two months suspended in a bacta tank, some of her muscles had begun to break down from the lack of movement, and she was now forced to undergo the painful task of reanimating them.

Poor Tahiri :(

It was as if some invisible force was stilting her progress; stopping her from rejoining the battle like she so sorely wanted. Tekli had told her that she was simply expecting too much, too soon. The Healer was constantly reminding her that she was still getting over the massive injury she?d suffered on Myrkr, that she?d almost died, and would hence take a significant amount of time to recuperate.
    Time was something Tahiri had very little of these days. Less than a standard week ago, she?d woken up to Ganner Rhysode?s concerned face and told that the boyfriend she?d so desperately tried to save had perished back on Myrkr, along with his older brother, Jacen, and sister Jaina. At the time, she?d been too shocked to know what to do, or how to react. Self-blame seemed as good a place as any to start with the grieving process, so that?s what she?d done.

She really has nothing to live for at the moment, does she? Certainly nothing to look forward to.and just forced to languish in bed, unable to do anything. That's got to be pretty miserable.

Running off to find Jaina and Anakin was certainly high on her importance list, yet he?d not said one word to her about it, simply disappearing without so much as a goodbye or a ?nice knowing you.?

So she does think they're alive? And now we know that's what Ganner is doing [face_thinking]

After her conversation with Master Skywalker yesterday, Tahiri had completely shut down,

I wonder what was said...

When she?d taken a few calming breaths, she lifted her blonde head and scanned the surrounding area with a set of wide, emerald eyes. Sure enough, when she got to the entrance at the other side of the room, there stood Ganner Rhysode, dressed in a bland ensemble of tan on tan.
    ?Ganner!? she croaked, wanting to run over to him but not having the strength in her legs to complete the task.

I didn't see that coming so early :eek:

It was then that Tahiri realized the older Jedi thought she meant here in this room, and not here in general, but by this stage, her mind had reminded her of the fact that Ganner had lied to her and left her behind, so her reply came out much colder than it otherwise would have. ?I thought you?d still be off with the others, looking for Jaina and Anakin.?
    ?The others?? Ganner repeated, his shocked expression turning into one of puzzlement. ?Looking for Jaina and? what are talking about, Tahiri??

Ahh, so that wasn't what Ganner was up to [face_thinking]

?How could they?? the blonde repeated, her voice rising to a pitchy crescendo. ?They?re searching for Jaina and Anakin!?

But Ganner didn't go with them?

?But you didn?t see them die, you told me yourself! They were alive when you left them!?
    ?No, you?re right, they weren?t quite dead, but they were as good as.?

They're not dead [face_talk_hand]

Her hope was gone once again, washed away in the sea of her renewed grief. She could blame Ganner for this, but the truth was that she?d known, deep down, that there was no proof of the Solos? survival. Tahiri had wanted to believe ? so much ? that Anakin was out there somewhere, alive; but he was gone in the Force, his whispered voice that usually rested in the back of her mind silent, empty. The only logical explanation for two months of nothingness was that he wasn?t coming back: they weren?t coming back.

Ysalamiri or Vergere stealing the Force away from him [face_talk_hand]

?I was hiding, if you must know.? He stared down at his hands as he continued, clenching and unclenching his fingers as a way to calm his nerves. ?I was so disgusted with myself for how I?d handled things on Myr

22. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    Pretty brutal little story you've cooked up, Ant. That scene where Mara finds Luke on the floor staring into space was especially powerful. From paragraph one, you established a downward spiral of Bad Things, and so far you've managed to find ways to make the situation worse, chapter by chapter. The Jedi are not in a happy place, are they? :p

I love it.

23. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Hey guys!!

I?m still on a temporary absence from the forums, as RL isn?t fully settled yet, but as of today I?ve kind of gotten myself confined to bed with a back injury that has left me unable to walk, (it doesn?t rain but it pours, right?) :p so I?m completely bored and thought I should at least jump on here and leave you some replies that I?ve owed for, like, months now. [face_blush]

Ok, here goes?

PHGS_Weyr:

oh dear poor Ganner he definately grew on me as NJO progressed... untill he died in Traitor that is...

Me too, me too? that?s why he?ll star in mine, because I wuv him so very much!!

Great post Ant!

Love this as always! Thanks for the PM!

You?re welcome, thanks for reading! :)

Earthknight:

The rehab part at the beginning with Tahiri made me cringe a little due to the wonderfully detailed descriptions of her pain. It must've been extremely painful for Tahiri. The conversation with Ganner and Tahiri was very touching though. I'm glad Tahiri is not mad at him anymore. By the way, you write Tahiri so well, Ant. You really do a great job in showing her emotions and feelings.

Aww, thanks buddy!! [:D] :* I just love Tahiri to pieces (don?t even get me started on her Legacy characterization?) so I?m so very happy that you?re loving the way I write her. :D

Great update as always, my friend

Thank you ever so for reading!! Mwah!! Xo

YodaKenobi:

Damn, I'm third

Time difference? :(

Glad you were excited for this one. :D

iamobiwan1970:

Really, poor Ganner. I never thought he'd be reduced to such self-doubt! I bet once Kyp arrives he can join him and go save the others. then he'll feel better.

I?m sure Ganner will feel better soon, he?s a tough cookie underneath it all, just has to get over his guilt.

I really hope they find Jaina and Anakin alive (you know the way it was met, with Jacen dead...ahemm. blush ).

Hehe? yes, that?s certainly the way it should have been..

I'm so glad to see an update. But you've teased me and I now want more!!!!

Aww, thanks! :D I?m really glad you?re excited, but unfortunately there won?t be a new update for quite some time yet? until my RL issues are sorted there?s no time for writing fanfic, sadly. :(

But I will get back to this.. I don?t want to have fanfic gone from my life completely. ;)

Jade_eyes:

Tahiri's one jumble of emotions isn't she--poor thing!!! Everyone's very despondent... it's a shame to let go of the last shred of hope.

Yeah, everyone is very down, but things will hopefully be looking up for some of them soon? ;)

LOBO:

Interesting...very, interesting.

Thank you. :)

So Ganner apparently just picked an exceptionally bad time to go AWOL for a few days?

So it would seem?

I'm not buying it - he's an experienced Jedi, and (thankfully) in this fic is far from the shallow, self absorbed, clueless tool that he was in NJO.
    If he was only chillin' out in the jungle on Ossus the whole time, then he should have known through the Force that something big was happening.
    I anticipate that we will see some more twists to the story unfold when Kyp arrives.

You?re very perceptive, and I?m glad you?re liking Ganner in this fic. He was so under-used in the NJO and was at times too cocky for my liking, so I?ve tried to rectify that a little and turn him into who I thought he should be. :p

Poor Tahiri. Considering what she has been through in this series so far, it's a wonder she isn't in a permanent state of shock or hasn't completely lost her mind yet.

She?s very tough, as her experiences with the NJO shows. But she has been through the wringer a little? hopefully things will be looki

24. Lightsaber123

Lightsaber123 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 31, 2007
    OMG.
    Ant! What happened!? :(
    :_| I sure hope it's not permanent. [face_worried]
    [face_praying]

25. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    I hope you feel better, Ant. And I can't wait until your next post. But the main thing is that you get better from that injury. That's most important.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.