main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Holocaust *NJO AU* {Tahiri/Anakin/Jaina + Others} - Question to my readers of old...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Lightsaber123: Thanks for your concern, it means a lot. [:D] To answer your question without going into a heck of a lot of detail, my back injury isn't a permanent fixture, but it will be coming and going in its own annoying fashion for some time to come. Right now it's back again, but bearable for the time-being. :p

Earthknight: Thank you for your well wishes, they were very much appreciated. :) And sorry it took me so long to get back to you *glares at RL* But I'm on the mend and I'm trying to get things back on track with this fic... so sorry for the huge delay.

Sorry, I didn't know I still owed replies in this thread. [face_blush] Just goes to show I should visit it every now and again to check. :p
    Now that the replies are done, I'll let you know that I've started working on the next chapter for this fic (finally!). Apologies for the huge delay. Hopefully, when I have it finished, it won't disappoint. ;)

Ant.

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Can't wait [face_dancing]

3. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    And the wait is over.... *squees*

I can't believe I got this done :eek: :p The latest update is forth-coming, so stay tuned... ;)

Ant.

4. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Chapter 7: Skin Games.

As her eyes adjusted to the dim light, the first thing they looked upon was a mass of some kind of unidentifiable organic saplings, standing stock still in front of her. She stretched out with one shaking, blue hand, reaching for the nearest one. Her palm closed around its girth and almost instantly, a current shot through the physical connection, up her arm, and finished in the pit of her stomach.

The jolt was so strong that it knocked her completely off her feet, and for a second, her sight blurred at the edges. She let out a low growl, wincing against the pain that was now coursing through her nervous system. Her cerulean eyes narrowed to a pair of tiny slits as she gazed, somewhat reservedly, at the long poles that stood all around her in a tight semi-circle.

Of course, she muttered to herself. She remembered now; in her dazed state, she?d momentarily forgotten where she was: in a prison. The things she mistook for small trees were in fact the objects that were keeping her locked up in this place, and any contact with her skin resulted in mild electrolysis; not enough to kill you, but enough to stop you touching them for a second time.

When she rose shakily to her feet once more, she let her eyes travel further than the living bars encasing her. Directly behind them was some kind of workstation, covered with all sorts of writhing creatures and sharp, twisted objects that looked menacing just sitting still like they were. To the untrained eye, they would look very much like weapons, but she knew better.

They were tools, used to inflict great pain on those who were suspected to be charlatans. That was the reason she was here now, stuck in this cell. Her people thought that she was one of those they hated above all others ? a Jeedai. Unfortunately for her, she?d been graced with a hideous resemblance to one Jeedai in particular, a young blue-skinned alien the infidels called Alema Ra.

She didn?t blame her people for what had happened to her. They were just being careful; making sure one of theirkind hadn?t found a way to sneak through the cleverly erected defenses. No, she accepted that this analysis had to be done. She swallowed her torture with a grimace but without complaint, all the while vowing that she would get revenge on the thing responsible for all of this.

The Jeedai.

Alema Ra.

Regrettably, revenge on the infidel behind her imprisonment would never be possible, for she had been informed that the creature in question had in fact already perished. That in itself was a terrible shame, for she had wanted nothing more than to take that large, three-pronged tool she had gotten to know so well over the last two months, and shove it right through the infidel?s skull!

Calming herself, the girl crouched down on all fours and leant up against the cool coral wall behind her, closing her eyes and taking joy from her solitude. It wasn?t often these days that she was left alone with her thoughts, although, she knew it was only a matter of time now before she?d be set free. She?d proven to them all that she wasn?t the infidel they feared, and had gone through months of intense torture without even the slightest complaint, all to show that she really was one of them.

A Yuuzhan Vong.

However, she was a little out of her mind when they?d found her on that planet. She?d been part of a flotilla that was supposed to intercept the infidel task force on Myrkr, but had accidentally crash-landed on the mission, almost dying in the process. It was just her luck that she happened to stumble upon an almost identical Jeedai during her cataleptic state, before being picked up by Nom Anor and his minions.

Then, they?d brought her back here to the shaper, Nen Yim, who?d had no choice but to go to any means necessary to make sure it was really her they?d collected, and not the Jeedai Ra attempting one of her mind tricks. Her eyelids fluttered at the memory of her first night in captivity: she?d been brought into the shaper?s laboratory sem

5. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    *Slides in and steals first* [face_mischief]

6. EvieSolo

EvieSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    :eek: Is it possible that this is Alema? Did someone else die instead? Did they revive her? Clone her? Or is this Numa, who didn't die, after all, but got shaped instead? [face_thinking]

It's difficult to say, since it's been a while that I read the previous parts. ;)

Tease! :p

7. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Powerful stuff, Ant, but I agree with Evie... could it be that she's really a Shaped Alema, after all??

- The Imperial Ewok

8. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Interesting stuff, Ant [face_thinking] . Could this be a shaped Alema Rar? Very intriguing....very intriguing chapter indeed.

9. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Finally caught up with that earlier post. Bad me.

Ganner stopped his journey mid-step, staring ahead with eyes so wide they looked to be straining out of their sockets. All of the colour had drained from his face, making him look like some kind of white apparition. It wasn?t very becoming. ?Myrkr?? he echoed with a slight shake of his head. ?How could they??

?How could they?? the blonde repeated, her voice rising to a pitchy crescendo. ?They?re searching for Jaina and Anakin!? She was confused and also angered by Ganner?s attitude. He?d been the one to give the abandonment command on Myrkr, and their friends had still been alive when they?d left, yet he was clearly incensed that any of the strike team members would feel the need to attempt a rescue. Tahiri couldn?t grasp where the man was coming from.

Me neither!! Although at least later he had the grace to admit his shortcomings. I still find him weird though.

Poor Tahiri - pain is her life. :(

New Chapter:
    That in itself was a terrible shame, for she had wanted nothing more than to take that large, three-pronged tool she had gotten to know so well over the last two months, and shove it right through the infidel?s skull!
    Actually - confession time - I've often had that fantasy myself concerning Alema. :D

Ooh - intriguing. Is this or is this not Alema? Very interesting. :) Gruesome but very well written descriptions. :)

10. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    I'm pleased to see an update to this fic :cool:

My guess is that Alema has been subjected to the shaping that Tahiri endured in canon and they have done such a thorough job of it that she doesn't even know who she was. Yet.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Amazing update. =D= Your descriptions are vivid and emotionally captivating. :D :)

12. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    great job, very weird and very scary!

13. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Wonderful to see this back! And you back Ant! We've missed you!

I have to agree with the others...can this be that Alema is being shaped and separated from herself to the point where she no longer knows who she really is??? If so, that's scarier than what happened in the profic!

14. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    [face_shame_on_you]You can't change the past through flow walking.. but putting that aside I may for reading whether its still good :p

15. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Meant to get back to this last night [face_blush]

They were tools, used to inflict great pain on those who were suspected to be charlatans. That was the reason she was here now, stuck in this cell. Her people thought that she was one of those they hated above all others ? a Jeedai. Unfortunately for her, she?d been graced with a hideous resemblance to one Jeedai in particular, a young blue-skinned alien the infidels called Alema Ra.
    She didn?t blame her people for what had happened to her. They were just being careful; making sure one of theirkind hadn?t found a way to sneak through the cleverly erected defenses. No, she accepted that this analysis had to be done. She swallowed her torture with a grimace but without complaint, all the while vowing that she would get revenge on the thing responsible for all of this.
    The Jeedai.
    Alema Ra.

Love this :D You did a great job of writing a shaped-Alema. Though I feel so bad for her :(

However, she was a little out of her mind when they?d found her on that planet. She?d been part of a flotilla that was supposed to intercept the infidel task force on Myrkr, but had accidentally crash-landed on the mission, almost dying in the process. It was just her luck that she happened to stumble upon an almost identical Jeedai during her cataleptic state, before being picked up by Nom Anor and his minions.
    Then, they?d brought her back here to the shaper, Nen Yim, who?d had no choice but to go to any means necessary to make sure it was really her they?d collected, and not the Jeedai Ra attempting one of her mind tricks. Her eyelids fluttered at the memory of her first night in captivity: she?d been brought into the shaper?s laboratory semi-conscious and babbling in infidel basic. One of the warriors who had her in a vice-like grip had flung her across the room as if she were nothing more than a piece of decaying meat; she?d hit the open bars of the cell, and her entire body had screamed out as if it had just been doused in flames.

Gotta love those Yuuzhan Vong lies [face_mischief]

"You are a Jeedai, a filthy infidel! You will tell me where the others are!"
    "No!"
    Her insolence had been rewarded with yet another stab of horrific pain, this time as the same skewer was laced down her crown in one long, jagged line. Something warm and sticky had begun to leak down the side of her face by this stage, and even though she?d never actually seen what it was, she knew it could only be one thing: blood, and lots of it.
    "You will suffer, Jeedai, as long as you refuse to answer my questions!" the shaper bellowed in stilted basic. "Tell me where the others are, and you shall be set free."

Have to admire Alema's resistance here and her willingness to sacrifice herself for friends.

She recalled briefly considering this offer, but must have decided to reject it, as the next thing that had come out of her quivering mouth had been a lump of galled-up saliva, directed at the tiny, spiralled tattoo at the base of Nen Yim?s high cheekbone.

Go, Alema =D=

It had been days since she?d last seen Nen Yim, so she knew that she would be in for a rough ride. Desperate to get away, despite the fact that she wanted to prove her innocence to her people, she began to frantically scratch at the hard ground at her feet, her bloodied hands making frenzied patterns as they danced across the floor of the cage. Twice, she touched the edge of the organic bars, and her fingers had received a very nasty shock, as if hot wax had just been poured down the centre of her bones.

I guess she doesn't "accept that analysis has to be done" after all. I think that's a good sign. If she still fears pain, that means she's still holding on to a part of the old Alema and hasn't completely given in yet.

Another click sounded; the shaper was in the heart of the compound now, and it wouldn?t be long before she was in this very room. She began to dig harder and faster, her nails splinting with the harsh movements, her raw fingertips already split and bleeding pr

16. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    good chapter. loved the fact that they shapedAlema...this'll be interesting. :)
    update soon.....still waiting for a chapter on han/leia's reaction to Jacen's death, jaina and anakin.

Update soon.

17. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    THE REPLIES!!

YodaKenobi: *Slides in and steals first*

=D= Your first-ness skill never ceases to amaze me! :eek: :D

EvieSolo: Is it possible that this is Alema? Did someone else die instead? Did they revive her? Clone her? Or is this Numa, who didn't die, after all, but got shaped instead?

So many questions! *grins* Thank you! Since I?m not going to put spoilers in this thread, I?ll just say ?no comment? :p All will be revealed very soon. [face_shhh]

It's difficult to say, since it's been a while that I read the previous parts.

Me, too! I had to re-read over some of them just to get my head back in the Holocaust frame of mind.. if it wasn?t for my notes, I think I might have forgotten where I was going with this! 8-}

Tease!

Aww, you love it! ;) :p [:D]

Thank you for the reply!!

Thrawn McEwok: Powerful stuff, Ant, but I agree with Evie... could it be that she's really a Shaped Alema, after all??

That?s one possibility.. ;) [face_mischief] Thanks for reading!

Earthknight: Interesting stuff, Ant. Could this be a shaped Alema Rar? Very intriguing....very intriguing chapter indeed.

As I said to Ewok before, it?s a possibility. [face_mischief] I?m glad you found it intriguing.. this was by far my favourite one to write. :D

Thanks for stopping by!

Tahi: Finally caught up with that earlier post. Bad me.

That?s ok. :) I?ve neglected this thread for so long, anyway. [face_blush]

Me neither!! Although at least later he had the grace to admit his shortcomings. I still find him weird though.

Yeah. Ganner?s pretty screwed up right now. :(

Poor Tahiri - pain is her life.

It seems to be that way. :( Poor girl.

New Chapter:
    Actually - confession time - I've often had that fantasy myself concerning Alema.

LOL! [face_laugh] Good to know I?m not the only one, then. ;)

Ooh - intriguing. Is this or is this not Alema? Very interesting. Gruesome but very well written descriptions.

Thank you! :) Glad you found this one interesting.. it one of my favourite plot lines in this tale. And the descriptions were fun, strangely (I don?t usually like gore). :p

Thanks for reading!

L0B0: I'm pleased to see an update to this fic

Yay! [face_dancing] So am I, it?s been far too long.

My guess is that Alema has been subjected to the shaping that Tahiri endured in canon and they have done such a thorough job of it that she doesn't even know who she was. Yet.

Wow, that?s a pretty thorough guess. :eek: *is impressed* Thanks for sharing that, it?s always really interesting to read what other people are thinking. :D

And thanks for stopping by. [face_peace]

Jade_eyes: Amazing update. Your descriptions are vivid and emotionally captivating.

Aww, thank you, dear! [face_blush] [:D] I?m glad you enjoyed it, thanks for reading!!

PHGS_Weyr: great job, very weird and very scary!

Thank you!! :D

iamobiwan1970: Wonderful to see this back! And you back Ant! We've missed you!

Aww, thank you! [:D] It?s great to be back! I?ve missed all of you, too. :)

I have to agree with the others...can this be that Alema is being shaped and separated from herself to the point where she no longer knows who she really is??? If so, that's scarier than what happened in the profic!

It is a scary thought, indeed. [face_worried] The answers will come soon enough for this? I?m not quite sure in what order yet (I?m still shuffling chapter ideas aroun

18. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys!

Just a short note to say a big THANK YOU for the nomination in the Beyond the Saga Awards for Holocaust and Sacrifice. :D [:D] It's such an honour just to be nommed, but even more so because I've barely updated anything in the last 8 months. [face_blush]

Anyway, thanks again! :* Best of luck to everyone invovled this year!! :D [face_dancing]

Ant.

19. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Congrats, Ant =D= You've done amazing work, it's well deserved :D

20. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Oh, Ant, I'm so happy that you got a nom. [:D] !

21. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    There are a lot of great authors on this board - but Jedi-Ant is among the best of the best.

Kudos on the noms, you deserve it.

(If you take the compliment as bribery for more updates, I'm OK with that ;) )

22. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    YodaKenobi: Aww, thanks! [face_blush] :D [:D] Congrats to you, too!! :D =D= I?m rooting for you. [face_peace]

Earthknight: Thanks, mate! [:D] :D

L0B0: Aww, you?re too kind! [face_blush] :* @};- Thank you ever so!! [:D] And I?m working on that update for you. ;)

Thanks everyone! [:D] You?ve made my week!! :* @};-

Ant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.