main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Holonet News 14, OC Disaster Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MasterTiin, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterTiin

MasterTiin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    Title: Holonet News 14 (subject to change at anytime)
    Author: MasterTiin
    Characters: Joduna, Berant, Captain Hertana, Voran Meran.
    Genre: Disaster
    Disclaimer: I own none of the Star Wars universe however, all charectors in this are OC's.
    Author Notes: My first before the Saga Story so I am unsure if this will be correct in the continuity department (technology wise). Oh and for future note of my Before the Saga stories A.B.R (my personal dating system) is After Battle of Ruusan.

Sorry about the bad title, I couldn't figure out a good name yet (I would be eterniley greatful for any suggestions) This story came as a plot-bunny after I watched A Flight To Remember (one of my favourite Futurama episodes) and I decided to begin writing it. Please don't be afraid to tell me what you think ;).
    (Oh and a big thank you to DarthIshtar for betaing this chapter :) )

Holonet News 14/1/950 A.B.R
    Late last night, Coruscant time, the giant pleasure ship Kashyyyk, crashed into the Gagronzol system?s star after two engine failures and a failed attempt to slingshot around it to reach the planet of Veritonas more quickly. Of all of the 120,000 on board 5,000 passengers and crew are known to have made it out in time, it is unknown whether the Bothan Captain Hertana De?rog made it out.

Twelve days previous to crash, 10pm Coruscant Time Joduna Stared?s apartment

?Joduna, this package just arrived for you,? a young female said, walking into a private office on Coruscant.

Joduna Stared, a red-haired human smuggler with green eyes, swivelled his favourite chair to look at the female.
    ?Excellent, if I am correct these will be those tickets I ordered for the Kashyyyk,? Joduna explained to his female partner as she passed the package to him. The female?s name was Berant and she had straight brown hair with blue eyes.
    ?You ordered tickets for the what?? Berant asked her eyes gleaming with puzzlement.
    ?The Kashyyyk; it is supposedly the finest luxury cruise liner ever built. We are taking it on her maiden voyage to Veritonas in the Gagronzol system to meet a very wealthy client who is interested in our Sith Empire-era lightsaber. To think: with the offer of ten million credits, we would be set for life. No more smuggling or black market dealings? Joduna said sighing.
    ??We? wow, it has never been ?we? before? Berant said smiling.
    ?I assure you it has been we since the beginning Berant and I wouldn?t dream of having it any other way? Joduna replied in a pleasant voice.
    ?Just keep that in mind when we get those credits, Joduna. I don?t want you doing a runner on me. So any thoughts on what you are gonna do once we go our separate ways?? Berant said sitting on the chair in front of him.
    ?Do you really think after all we have been through together I would run away? I mean, I have been loyal to you for over fifteen years? Joduna said.

Berant nodded slowly remembering how they first met and what happened afterwards. Both of them had been ten at the time. Joduna was with his merchant parents on Sluis Van during a violent thunderstorm. They were helping people in a small settlement that had been struck by lightning. They were about to take off when Joduna heard a cry for help and leapt out of their YT-1210. His parents, who didn?t know that he had leapt out, took off into the night sky leaving Joduna alone. But this didn?t faze him much at the point of time and looked for the source of the cry for help. He eventually found it, after she called out again but found that the person was buried under at least a metre of rubble. He frantically pulled the rocks off of her, although he did not know it was a her at the time, and eventually she was free. She of course was Berant and according to what she said her parents were buried even further under the rubble. They quickly got out of the vicinity and started walking to where Joduna thought was the closest large city, which was most likely where his parents were. They, after three days of getting to know each other, reached the city. They encountered a smuggler at the local spa

2. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Ominous beginning!
    Intriguing premise.

I think there should be more disaster fics. :D

the finest luxury cruise liner ever built. We are taking it on her maiden voyage
    If there was ever a time to utter the phrase, "I have a baaaaaaaaaad feeling about this", this would seem an appropriate point to do so.

Great start.

3. MasterTiin

Jul 9, 2005
    Thanks for those kind words oqidaun! Actually I am enjoying this genre, maybe I should start some other Star Wars universe disasters (maybe like a bushfire threatining Yavin Base...)

My second chapter should be up when my master DarthIshtar is done betaing it and I can post it up here (probably between today and tommorow)

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Interesting start. I look forward to more. :)

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Good beginning! :D =D= Looking forward to more!

6. MasterTiin

Jul 9, 2005
    Thanks Healer_Leona and VaderLVR64 :)

Also if anyone is interested I will be willing to start a PM list to keep you informed when I update this.

Also luck permitting, my master DarthIshtar will be finsihed betaing some time during the next two days and I will be sure to post it as soon as I get it back.

7. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Aww, I think Joduna has "feeling" for Berant... [face_love]

Wow, I hope the both of them got off the ship. Or at least weren't the cause of the engine failure!

Please PM me when you update. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.