main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Holonet News

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jacktherack, Sep 8, 2013.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Are they still Killiks or just random hives? :p

And the purchasing of farmland is obvious. You need plenty of wheat for ion engines to get big and strong....

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Ooh, that's an interesting theory.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Except for the fact that Kiliks aren't canon. Lothal is just based off the concept art for Alderaan.

4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    So what? It isn't like they are forbidden from using Legends material, and have certainly used a lot of it before.

Besides, Kilik or no, I am expecting there to be some kind of stakes raising twist sooner or later, and "looking for ancient superweapon" is a classic, exactly the kind of cliche Star Wars revels in.

Force Smuggler and Vthuil like this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm certain Lothal has a secret in its past which, will come into play in Rebels. Whether it is the Killiks, some other ancient race, some sort of superweapon or something else entirely is unknown.
    I can't wait to find out.

6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

The Visual Guide mentioned that is also used as a base for the Empire to expand its influence on other nearby planets.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Something like an Adumar then? Backwards world in a region of backwards worlds that are resource-rich or something?

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

8. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Well not as remote as Adumar since Lothal was at least connect to the galaxy at large ;)

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    A pity. They could use some archaic-sounding fruit merchants.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I'll stir and the pot and mention that Dave Filoni did have talks with Troy Denning involving the use of Mortis in Apocalypse. Maybe Troy's Killik love was contagious...

11. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Killik love does tend to be contagious.

Hmmm.....
    ....hmmmm.....
    .............are you implying that Denning is a joiner, and he made FIoni into one, and everything that has happened in Star Wars recently has been a Killik plot to get revenge for the Swarm Wars books?

Dr. Steve Brule and Gamiel like this.
  12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I think there's a cream for that.

13. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    New one up, with a fairly major change: Mas Amedda is the Grand Vizier, not Sate Pestage.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Heh. Interesting. Interesting indeed.

So we've got an alien as one of the highest court officials... [face_whistling]

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

15. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    They kept Pollux Hax but not Pestage? Come on...

16. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I guess he is an exception to the rule, like Thrawn was.

It does make sense, since Amedda's been in on everything since Palpatine became Chancellor.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I wouldn't count Pestage out -- he's a bit of a survivor. Rather like a roach.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

18. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I mean really, how many times was he killed? Three?

19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Spoiler: i barely know what the **** a vizier is, let alone who is and isn't one.

20. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    The guy who Palpatine gets to do all of the Empire-administering things that he can't be bothered to do.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Technically, the Grand Vizier is both the absolute deputy to the Emperor and his confident.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    A vizier is a basically a minister in the Islamic courtly tradition. The grand vizier is what we would call a first or prime minister. Jafar was the Sultan's grand vizier in Aladdin, so the fact that you don't know this means you are uncultured.

Sate Pestage was the "Imperial vizier" in early drafts of ESB, before this was cut. WEG picked up on the idea, and made him the grand vizier -- the man who ran the Empire day-to-day while the Emperor was doing other stuff, at least as of Hoth (SOTE SB, Far Orbit Project, etc.). Prior to that, Ars Dangor is known to have ran the Empire day-to-day (DSTC, SESB, etc.) but by all accounts in the old EU, Pestage held the office of grand vizier since the very beginning (DL: TRoDV). After Endor, Pestage claimed to hold the Imperial throne in regency while Dangor disagreed with this claim -- both exercised imperium in a manner of speaking, but Dangor's faction won out (this is actually a little complicated and full of retcons but this general description has essentially always held true).

Oh, and Pestage was also the taster of the Emperor's foods and the holder of the Imperial Seal. The latter is still canon (seen in Star Wars: Assault Team) but it's not known if Pestage has anything to do with it, or if there is still a Pestage.

Gamiel, Valin__Kenobi and Zeta1127 like this.
  23. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Wasn't the Grand Vizier actually called Sate Molock in the ESB drafts? According to ESB's shooting schedule, a scene with Gd Vizier Molock was indeed shot on June 18, 1979.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I heard that version too. I've no idea if it's true or not -- but the "Imperial vizier" thing is on a toy, so at least we can document that.

Back in the day, I used to insist that Vader's accurate title post-ESB was "Supreme Commander of the Imperial Forces" also based on a toy. Good times.

25. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    We should try and investigate that a little. Just imagine, if that scene has indeed been shot, the footage must exist! And no fan, to my knowledge, has seen it.