main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Holonetnews and spoilers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gandalf the Grey, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Normally, spoiler discussion policy in the Lit forum is that we wait two months before discussing something openly. But what about the Holonetnews? It?s updated every single week, and by the time it would normally be safe to discuss things openly, 8 updates have gone by. To add to the complication, the site serves as a lead-in to Attack of the Clones, and may potentially include Attack of the Clones information. Are Holonet spoilers Attack of the Clones spoilers if they reveal a part of Attack of the Clones, or are they just Holonet spoilers?

I feel a headache coming on.

2. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Mm, I'm thinking that a website can't really have spoilers. I mean, if they want to read it, let them go read it. It's not like they have to buy a book or watch a movie. And since it's officially sanctioned by Lucasfilm (it is, isn' it?), then it won't have any more spoiler-ish stuff than what's on TOS. I figure if Lucasfilm officially releases it, it ain't a spoiler (at least with the movies). I think the two week or month or whatever rule should only apply to books.

That's my two cents.

3. Jedi Novaga Sage

Jedi Novaga Sage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 1999
    its a website..people choose to visit it and know ahead of time

4. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    They're not spoilers. It's a website. Spoiler policy is for the case where it takes people a long time to get or read a book. Obviously not a problem with websites...

5. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Nothing on HolonetNews is a spoiler.

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    seperatists, lost 20, dooku, palpatine's idea to raise a clone army? Are not spoilers? They are what AOTC is about, and HNN is covering it live. Your logic is flawed methinks.

7. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    my logic isn't flawed.
    HolonetNews isn't giving way all the big surprises and twists in the film.
    These are minor tidbits of no discernable consequence. Things that Lucas obviously wants you to know before seeing the film.
    It's not like the fact clones are in the movie is a spoiler, even though it is called Attack of the Clones.

8. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    just a note, you have to remember that Holonet News comes from Pablo Hidalgo, Paul Ens, and art from Joe COrroney. These guys are pros at turning EU to canon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.