main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Holy Banthas on Hoth! Who's been to HMV downtown recently!?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Azeria_Jade, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    I saw this and nearly died with laughter.

[image=http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d161/morningstar6/20060526_OMGDarthBEAR.jpg]

I have to say, I like it better then the orcas.

It's called "Darth Bear". I kid you not, it says so on the platform.

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    That is very disturbing !!!

3. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    My reaction to people passing must have been disturbing.

My friend and I came out of the side door and we were talking (what about about I can't remember) when -

"blah blah blah HOLY **** ****! IT'S DARTH VADER!"

4. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    Thats awsome! I'll have to check it out.

If I do say so myself, Vader is a good looking Bear.

7,000th Tipoca City post!!! I've had about 20.

5. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    The real disturbing part is the wet spot on the sidewalk behind him. It looks like Darth Vader peed himself.

(No, this isn't me trying to start a new "How does Vader go to the bathroom, anyhow?" thread.)

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually I found this information on the Vader bear:

Spirit Bears in the City - Project Overview - Greater VancouverWhat is Spirit Bears In The City?

Found only in British Columbia's northern forests, the rare "Spirit Bear" or "Kermode Bear" is widely recognized for its unique white colouring. A First Nation legend states that the Raven, their creator, made these bears white as a reminder of the time when the world was pure and clean and covered with snowdrifts and ice blue glaciers. Raven promised that these bears would live in peace and harmony forever.

This reclusive bear will travel south and congregate on Vancouver streets in May 2006 in support of the BC Lions Society's Easter Seal Operations and the Canucks for Kids Fund. The project has already taken roots throughout BC with the eight communities committed to joining "The Spirit Bear Trail" ? Vancouver, Surrey, Vancouver Island, Prince George, Terrace, Kitimat, Prince Rupert, and Whistler.

Here's how it works...
    Local artists, in partnership with sponsoring individuals or organizations, will create a unique design and apply it to the surface of a life size (approx. 7ft) custom formed fiberglass Spirit Bear. The Bear becomes the artist's canvas. Once the work is complete, the Spirit Bear will be displayed in prominent public spaces around the participating cities with the majority being placed in Vancouver's downtown business core. A 'Spirit Bear Trail Guide' will be created and distributed throughout participating communities.

'Spirit Bears In The City' is modeled after other successful community art projects, such as Chicago's 'Cows on Parade', Toronto's 'Moose in the City' and most recently Vancouver and Victoria's 'Orcas In The City'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.